X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thetruthbaby
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

My Tour Estimates Avg. Attendance

From the Pollstar list to several shows listed in Billboard magazine I would say that VHagar are averaging around 9,000 to 10,000 people per night so far for this tour. Some cities they do well in (usually the really big ones) and the smaller cities they have trouble. They recently played Anaheim and had a little over 12,000 people according to Billboard. There were well over 13,000 tix available so they didn't sell out. Plus the capacity for the venue is over 17,000 so they could have sold at least 15,000 after taking into account the back of the stage (you lose seats) but you gain some back with floor seats which aren't included in the venue capacity lists for arena's on their websites. All in all this tour seems to be just doing okay. Nothing spectacular to be sure. Just chugging along without much fanfare with the mainstream press or public. The thing is---you know they expected more. Hagar predicted "rapid fire sellouts" which has proven to be a misguided prediction at the very least. And the excitement generated over the new material they recorded with Hagar has been lackluster to say the least. This tour actually reminds me of another corporate rock act from the 80's, Bon Jovi. B Jovi tour every couple of years much in the same way. They draw fairly well and chug along playing all those power ballads and such. But it never captures the public's attention much really. Because ultimately it's not that important. Their not a classic rock band with legendary status. And neither is VAN HAGAR.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER
  • RogueHorseman
    Commando
    • Apr 2004

Its more like 7-8k average PAID and the tour is a complete dud, as is BOBW... the public at large, and the press too, is so completely disinterested and the suits are losing their pants.

You'll never see these four tour or record together again, trust me.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2004

You may be right

You may be right about the numbers but I'm only referring to what is reported in legitimate trade publications. Everything else is pure speculation. I'm not calling you a liar at all. But since almost none of the additional information regarding the numbers can be verified with legitimate sources I don't refer to those. It woudn't surprise me at all if in fact VHagar are having a significant number of comps at these shows and serious papering as well. But things like this tend to be unable to be verified with any accuracy. Therefore I don't use them in my posts about the numbers. One thing for sure is that the Pollstar list will be out in January and then we'll have a very good understanding of what the numbers looked like. I have a friend who works for Santuary and Pollstar is well respected in the industry for the most part. There is no doubt at all that this tour has not met expectations. That is visible to any objective person.
      DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
        Its more like 7-8k average PAID and the tour is a complete dud, as is BOBW... the public at large, and the press too, is so completely disinterested and the suits are losing their pants.

You'll never see these four tour or record together again, trust me.
        Now theres some good news for a change !
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• RogueHorseman
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
          You may be right about the numbers but I'm only referring to what is reported in legitimate trade publications. Everything else is pure speculation. I'm not calling you a liar at all. But since almost none of the additional information regarding the numbers can be verified with legitimate sources I don't refer to those. It woudn't surprise me at all if in fact VHagar are having a significant number of comps at these shows and serious papering as well. But things like this tend to be unable to be verified with any accuracy. Therefore I don't use them in my posts about the numbers. One thing for sure is that the Pollstar list will be out in January and then we'll have a very good understanding of what the numbers looked like. I have a friend who works for Santuary and Pollstar is well respected in the industry for the most part. There is no doubt at all that this tour has not met expectations. That is visible to any objective person.
          Well, I'd never take you as calling me a liar.

I mearly pointed out the word PAID... I have no doubt the attendance figures are a couple thousand higher on average, 'cause that is what they comp out on average per show.
          <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

I still find it COMICAL that the SHEEP talk about how "well" this tour is doing and that everybody here are just "delusional" and "haters". The low attendance numbers for a band once considered to be the REIGNING champions of AMERICAN hard rock, who hadn't been seen or heard from in years, speaks volumes. The SHEEP are rapidly dwindeling in numbers, due to the bands inactivity and the realization that they "jobbed" Spammy just like they did DAVE!!! The VAST majority of the SHEEP realize that EVH and SHEMP are two RECALCITRANT PRICKS who don't give a FLYING FUCK about anyone other than themselves. Hell, they had kicked MIKEY to the curb after all those years of faithful "service".
            So, all that's left for Van Hagar are the TRULY clueless SHEEP, the ones too STUPID to realize that their being "HAD". Personaly, I feel they deserve each other!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!! :fucku2:

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
              Foot Soldier
              • Jun 2004

Re: My Tour Estimates Avg. Attendance

pretty much every tour has followed the same path as VH this summer where they do fairly well in large markets but just killed in the small markets. as a whole everyone is done although VH was certain they would be able to beat the trends which they can not. i think the comparrison to Bon Jovi is pretty strong...you have that core fan base that are certain you can do no wrong, the people who want to relive their youth, and a few newbies sprinkled here and there but as a whole general public considers you done and nothin but cheese.

as a whole general public doesnt give a shit about the tour and the press has been half and half. some bad, some good...but of course the good ones here are ignored like the bad ones are ignored at the links.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Re: Re: My Tour Estimates Avg. Attendance

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
                i think the comparrison to Bon Jovi is pretty strong...
                I AGREE, you CAN compare Van Hagar to BON JOVI!!!!!
                And that's the SAD PART of the story!!!

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jun 2004

yeah its definitly not a good thing for the once mighty van halen but nostalgia does that to you

Comment

• frenchie
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jul 2004

what?? van halen is on tour?? nobody can proove it,it"s just a rumour.....

Comment

• badhorsie

The tour is doing fine.

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by badhorsie
                        The tour is doing fine.
                        WTF?!?
                        Right. It would be FINE if these guys used to be in WARRANT!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!! :fucku2:

Comment

• badhorsie

Warrant? I think Dave on his most recent solo tour pulls in similiar numbers as warrant.

At least at the 2 shows i went to. About 500 people each time.

Still kicked ass though.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by badhorsie
                            Warrant? I think Dave on his most recent solo tour pulls in similiar numbers as warrant.

At least at the 2 shows i went to. About 500 people each time.

Still kicked ass though.
                            HMMM....Seems to have been a couple more people at that 4th of july gig. Did ya see it? Probably not. Too bad. Probably out at the Brittney Fox reunion show in Pelican Bay!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2004

CAN'T COMPARE VHagar.......

It is completely unfair to compare VHagar's lackluster summer tour to other tours this summer (who may or may not be bringing in disappointing numbers) because one thing seperates VHagar's failure to draw in many cities. THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A REUNION TOUR. In other words this is as big as it's gonna get people. It will most likely only be WORSE if they try to tour again with Hagar at the helm. I've seen Aerosmith have some shows that had disappointing turnouts this summer, same with Kiss and F Mac. But those bands have been touring EXTENSIVELY for the last few years. It's no wonder with a somewhat shaky economy that the numbers are down for bands who have already hit these cities multiple times over the last few years. VHagar on the other hand HAVE NO SUCH EXCUSE. Prince and Madonna are doing gangbusters business on the road despite the economy and Metallica are doing great as well. For a "reunion" tour with a band that has a name like VH this tour has fallen well short of expectations. No ifs ands or buts.
                              DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

Working...