PDA

View Full Version : "Dad, Are there REALLY Van Hagar fans?!?"

Hollywood Jesus
08-26-2004, 12:18 PM
My 17-year-old daughter was shocked and astounded to discover that some folks indeed are fans of Van Hagar.

She's not a Dave fan, but she assumed ANYBODY who likes Van Halen would be. It was a stunning revelation to her.

Brought a little tear to my eye. By God, the kid's gonna be all right.

badhorsie
08-26-2004, 12:30 PM
IF your daughter was alot younger I'd find it comical.

Bill Lumbergh
08-26-2004, 12:34 PM
My six year old sometimes doesnt know the difference between solo Dave and Classic VH. When I was explaining the difference one day recently, he said "Dave IS Van Halen". Very proud moment.

Matt White
08-26-2004, 12:54 PM
It's reassuring to see that the younger generations GET IT!!! It greatly improves my respect for and hopes for the next generation that they are able to recognize the BRILLIANCE OF DAVID LEE ROTH & CLASSIC VAN HALEN!!!
SALUTE!!!

guwapo_rocker
08-26-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
My 17-year-old daughter was shocked and astounded to discover that some folks indeed are fans of Van Hagar.

She's not a Dave fan, but she assumed ANYBODY who likes Van Halen would be. It was a stunning revelation to her.

Sniff Sniff 5 stars Sniff........

Bill Lumbergh
08-26-2004, 01:33 PM
I started a thread about this a while back............Not long after the Van Ripoff tour was announced, the local arena had an image of Van Hagar up on a video screen(which constantly changed images, promoting upcoming concerts). As we drove by my son made several comments including "Thats stupid", and "Thats not Dave". That thread prompted General Hina to call me a racist (?)..........yeah, I'm still trying to figure that one out too.

bueno bob
08-27-2004, 01:51 AM
My daughter, all of 11, is a Dave or the Grave fanatic. I allowed her to start listening to Van Halen...ALL eras...and never told her ANY of the band history at all, who was doing what when, et al...and her first words after getting through the whole discography was that "I love the first six albums! Those are great! But these other ones...well...they STINK!"

And the youth of today wouldn't be interested in a Roth reunion? Please. This music stands the test of time, folks, and these case in points here prove it.

manwiththedogs
08-27-2004, 01:54 AM
Amen Brother.....Amen

Panamark
08-27-2004, 02:07 AM
The kids are alright ! :)

Carmine
08-27-2004, 09:56 AM
I too did not discriminate with my 2 children. The first VH they ever listened to was Best of Volume 1. My 8 year old son immediatly noticed a difference after hearing the Dave stuff and then hearing WCTBL. He says Dad, is this a different band? It doesnt sound the same? its a different guy singing. This prompted an immediate question from me... Which one do you like better? He says the other guy that song on the faster songs! I like the guitar better on those songs too! As of that moment I knew my son was a roth head. So then he got his fill of the six pack, and his favs are 1. hot for teacher, 2. Unchained,3. the full bug and since the boston pops show...jump. Now my 6 year old daughter, just from my playing them in the house or in the car, already knows the words to, you really got me and jamies cryin, she asks for them by name.. she aslo likes Ice Cream Man for the obvious reason... So yes its true THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT!!!!!

AJW
08-27-2004, 10:07 AM
I played Jump and When It's Love for my five year old and I asked her what she liked better. She said she liked Jump and it was an easy decision.

frenchie
08-27-2004, 10:09 AM
i've got a real big problem. i was briving my car this morning, and i decided to listen to music.under my seat, i have old audio tape, and i try to catch one.what was my surprise when i discover that the tape i founded was "balance".don't be too hard with me, i never bought this tape ,it was a gift made by my ex girlfriend . but i put this tape ,and listened all the first song "the seven seal".....and you know what.i liked this song,it made seven years i didn't listen to tha....oh my god ,what happens to me.i even say to my wife who was surprised to see me doing a such thing.i say to her "hey, it's a good song!!!". oh my god, what a shame.maybe i'm ill,or i become crazy.can someone help me.it's a teerible moment of my life

AJW
08-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by frenchie
i've got a real big problem. i was briving my car this morning, and i decided to listen to music.under my seat, i have old audio tape, and i try to catch one.what was my surprise when i discover that the tape i founded was "balance".don't be too hard with me, i never bought this tape ,it was a gift made by my ex girlfriend . but i put this tape ,and listened all the first song "the seven seal".....and you know what.i liked this song,it made seven years i didn't listen to tha....oh my god ,what happens to me.i even say to my wife who was surprised to see me doing a such thing.i say to her "hey, it's a good song!!!". oh my god, what a shame.maybe i'm ill,or i become crazy.can someone help me.it's a teerible moment of my life

If anything frenchie it is basically the only good song on that album. Perhaps Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do) is alright as well. That's it though.

Carmine
08-27-2004, 10:17 AM
7th seal is IMO one of the listenable Hagar songs, so dont be to hard on yourself...

and I have said before... I dig Amsterdam! I think ed plays real good on that tune.

AJW
08-27-2004, 10:18 AM

I like your avatar HJ. You got my vote.:baaa:

frenchie
08-27-2004, 10:18 AM
well it"s true......but back home, i put ten times outta love again,from vh2,an" i fell really better now.

BRANDON
08-27-2004, 10:31 AM
my kids wake up saturday mornings, and say i wanna listen to diamond dave.when i play greatest hits dvd,after the first three video's
hagar comes on, they say that's crap.my kids are 3 & 5 years old and they already can't stand hagar .they think dave is the greatest.

frenchie
08-27-2004, 10:34 AM
a cinq ans, faire ecouter van halen a son gosse, ca va pas non?????

Hollywood Jesus
08-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Little Leaguers are claiming Van Halen as their favorite band on ESPN.

It's gotta be the classic version since other players claimed AC/DC and Guns n Roses. They'd likely beat the crap out of a kid listening to Hagar.

Carmine
08-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Little Leaguers are claiming Van Halen as their favorite band on ESPN.

It's gotta be the classic version since other players claimed AC/DC and Guns n Roses. They'd likely beat the crap out of a kid listening to Hagar.

I saw that too, as well as VH and the others you mention, I saw a lot of Led Zep as well.

DLRdelight!
08-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Hope when ever i have a kid he says stuff like that bashing on sam lol

Matt White
08-29-2004, 10:43 PM
It would be TOUGH explaining to a kid that MEN like Van Hagar. The same men who like GREESE, RIVERDANCE, WINE COOLERS, SANDLES, ZODIAC JEWERLY, LINE DANCING, FANNY PACKS, and LITE BEER!!!!!
You'd have to tell your kid to ADVOID THESE PEOPLE AT ALL COST!!!!

:donkey: