PDA

View Full Version : Could Ed kick their asses?

rustoffa
08-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Clash of the Titans?

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/7333/eddiebeckpage.jpg

rockvanhalen66
08-26-2004, 11:38 PM
evh better then the two...

Rikk
08-26-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by rockvanhalen66

Shut up, sheep.

guwapo_rocker
08-27-2004, 12:54 AM
Not now, Eddie a distant third....unfortunately.

sambo
08-27-2004, 01:05 AM
Beck - Brilliant
Page - not my favourite but solid
EVH - GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!

guwapo_rocker
08-27-2004, 01:08 AM

Stay in school or go back to school, pick one.:confused:

bueno bob
08-27-2004, 01:24 AM
At this point, Jimmy and Jeff would play circles around Ed...his live soloing and inability to find any idea of rhythm or structure with his older material anymore are proof positive of that. It's really sad how much Eddie has thrown away over the years. At this stage, had he kept himself relatively together, he could still dominate the world of guitarists and the music he could have been making would have been...words couldn't describe it.

There's nothing quite as sad as seeing someone with so much talent to spare throw it all away for nothing, no gain at all.

Don Corleone
08-27-2004, 03:40 AM
If your talking about the 3 of them today, then Ed wouldn't stand a chance (He's way too drunk these days). If your talking about the 3 of them back in their prime, then Ed would have ripped there heads off just for fun.

Roth-of-Halen
08-27-2004, 05:56 AM
Let's not take our word for it???
let the 5th member of Van Halen be our guide???

"Of all the musicians I've ever worked with i think hes the most gifted.
He's got the chops of Allan Holdsworth and the melodies of Eric Clapton
Sit with him in a room for a couple of hours and he'll blow you away."

Wayne L.
08-27-2004, 07:40 AM
I think Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck & Eddie are EQUALLY great as rock guitarists with few equals but I would like to see all 3 of these legendary guitararists on the same stage jamming.

BigDaddyD
08-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Jeff Beck is probably the best guitarist of all time...or at least damn close. EVH couldn't be Jeff's towel boy. EVH was innovative and wrote great songs, but he can only play VH songs and even that he has trouble with now. He is not a great all around guitar player. If you play and have heard him "jam" with others you know what I mean. Doesn't matter what key you are in or what the song is...he plays the same licks over and over again. This is coming from a guy who WORSHIPED EVH for many years. I just grew up and started listening to others.

AJW
08-27-2004, 11:37 AM
Jeff Beck is the shit. There and Back is an awesome disc.

Matt White
08-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Jimmy Page is the KING.
Jeff Beck is the man at instrumental rock. Blueprint for Steve Vai.
EVH was the latest and GREATEST guitar hero. Had the chops, could write songs, and could SMILE like no other!!!!
Now, he is just another HAS_BEEN, living on his past glory. "Look kids! A falling star, EVH! Make a wish!"

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

light 'em up!
08-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Ed's downfall is most likely due to heavy alcohol and substance abuse... can't fool mother nature! Ed's paying a heavy price, and it's a long, long way to fall!

DaveTheSoulOfVH
08-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Ed is a genius and his paying had a standard influence over the guitar world i mean in terms of sound, style & techniques...so even with a broken hand Ed is number 1

DAVE & ED OR THE GRAVE

Bad Muthafucker
08-27-2004, 04:24 PM

better THEN??? uh, i think you mean better THAN THAN THAN. did you graduate school?

BigDaddyD
08-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
better THEN??? uh, i think you mean better THAN THAN THAN. did you graduate school?

It is a moot point. EVH isn't better then or than either one. He can't write or produce like Page, or play like Beck.

=Marshall=
08-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Pagey is the shit! :killer:

Eddie comes second.

GAR
08-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Fabs' tits, 2 decade ago

http://ajw.50megs.com/images/kk_more_fondeling_+.jpg

DLRdelight!
08-27-2004, 10:51 PM
I say ed can kick their asses anytime

Matt White
08-28-2004, 12:01 AM
The ONLY thing EVH could kick RIGHT NOW is the "BUCKET"!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!:heyfu: :mad2: :fucku2: :mad2: :heyfu:

tobinentinc
08-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Didn't page need someone on stage to do solos for him on one of his newer tours?? That's just what I heard. EVH is probally the most talented in playing ability, but everything else . . Page wins hands down.

freak
08-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Comparing all of them in their primes...

1. Eddie Van Halen (Big time)
2. Jeff Beck
3. Jimmy Page

Why Eddie?

Eruption: Neither Beck nor Page
re-defined then influenced an entire decade of guitar players with a single 1:47 solo.

I choose Beck as #2 because of all the weird places he went, musically. If we were rating "Who isn't a one trick pony, he'd be #1"

BigDaddyD
08-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by freak
Comparing all of them in their primes...

1. Eddie Van Halen (Big time)
2. Jeff Beck
3. Jimmy Page

Why Eddie?

Eruption: Neither Beck nor Page
re-defined then influenced an entire decade of guitar players with a single 1:47 solo.

I choose Beck as #2 because of all the weird places he went, musically. If we were rating "Who isn't a one trick pony, he'd be #1"

Beck redefined guitar playing with everything he did. He has always been ahead of his time, and has constantly evolved...even to this day.

Beauvoir
08-29-2004, 12:38 AM
Regardless of how uneven his output has been and his trouble maintaing a band, Jeff Beck is the greatest rock guitarist ever.
His imagination and creativity simply surpasses all others. And even at this stage of the game, he's still incredible live.

Page has always been way too sloppy for me. The guy sounds like he's playing with oven mitts on.

tjvhou812
08-29-2004, 11:05 PM
eddie is king period.

Rikk
08-29-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
eddie is king period.

The only king he seems to be acquainted with even these days is the King of Beers.

rustoffa
08-29-2004, 11:23 PM
That guy's an idiot Rikk....check out the 1984 revisited thread.

Rikk
08-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
That guy's an idiot Rikk....check out the 1984 revisited thread.

LOL.

I know. That guy is a major fucking sheep. He's in fact one of the original SHEEP PEN tenants. I didn't even bother responding to that moron's little response. He's used that pic so many times...but that goes hand-in-hand with his complete lack of originality.

Methinks he's still begging for attention. And I considered putting him up for SHEEP OF THE WEEK this Friday, but I think he'd just love it too much. Plus, he's spend too much time at home reading the dedications to him and his mom would end up throwing him out for not being busy out looking for a job. And I don't want that to happen to him. I mean, poor guy! His life is shitty enough.;)

degüello
08-30-2004, 01:26 AM
I had that mag... scooped it right up when I saw those three fuckers all together. Wild.

rustoffa
08-30-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by degüello
I had that mag... scooped it right up when I saw those three fuckers all together. Wild.

Shit bro, I just found it on a google search.
:D