PDA

View Full Version : VH1 Top 100 Hard Rock Bands

DLR ROCKS123
08-27-2004, 02:11 AM
I was just watching vh1 top 100 hard rock bands..

Van Halen I mean the real van halen not van gaygar was at no:7.
They had differnt musicians talking about them henry rollins pantera and they were all makeing refrence to the greatest frontman ever ahhh don't get your hope's up gaygar fans. It was the one and only diamond david lee roth they were all talking how he had the charisma and how he brought it all toghter along with eddie's great guitar playing pass tense that is. Anyways I thought it was interesting they did have a couple of spoof's in there about gaygar. Pretty cool to see that they will go down as one of the best hard rock bands. and they will go down in history that the diamond was the REAL VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Now if eddie and alex and bitch mike can pull there heads out of there ass and give dave the credit he deserves and bring the man back just maybe they can restore a bit of there legacy and finish on a positive note and not a gaygar note.

Panamark
08-27-2004, 02:19 AM
You know what. I bet they never fucking get together, then in
20 years time (if they are all alive) we will read how they all got together and reconciled their differences. Of course they will all be too
old to do anything about it. Such is the irony of this Rock and Roll
tradegy.

Dan
08-27-2004, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by DLR ROCKS123
I was just watching vh1 top 100 hard rock bands..

Van Halen I mean the real van halen not van gaygar was at no:7.
They had differnt musicians talking about them henry rollins pantera and they were all makeing refrence to the greatest frontman ever ahhh don't get your hope's up gaygar fans. It was the one and only diamond david lee roth they were all talking how he had the charisma and how he brought it all toghter along with eddie's great guitar playing pass tense that is. Anyways I thought it was interesting they did have a couple of spoof's in there about gaygar. Pretty cool to see that they will go down as one of the best hard rock bands. and they will go down in history that the diamond was the REAL VAN HALEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S Now if eddie and alex and bitch mike can pull there heads out of there ass and give dave the credit he deserves and bring the man back just maybe they can restore a bit of there legacy and finish on a positive note and not a gaygar note.

All I have to say in Long Live David Lee Roth.

Matt White
08-27-2004, 03:05 AM
I saw the same show BRO! Nice to see some BIG names in rock acknowledge the MIGHTY VAN HALEN as the REAL DEAL!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

=Marshall=
08-27-2004, 03:15 AM
Classic Van Halen belong right up there in the top three even! When Dave fronted they were THE number one band out there. World domination, baby! And drunk Eddie played mostly Marshall's not some 5150 noisy shit!

What bands they list above =VH= by the way? Don't tell me Nirvana or some other crap like that which they so many times do in these lists these days??

New to the forum btw, hi and all that. :D

Matt White
08-27-2004, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by =Marshall=
Classic Van Halen belong right up there in the top three even! When Dave fronted they were THE number one band out there. World domination, baby! And drunk Eddie played mostly Marshall's not some 5150 noisy shit!

What bands they list above =VH= by the way? Don't tell me Nirvana or some other crap like that which they so many times do in these lists these days??

New to the forum btw, hi and all that. :D

Lets see Bro, from what I can remember...
1.) LED ZEPPELIN
2.) BLACK SABBATH
3.) JIMMI HENDRIX
4.) AC/DC
5. NIRVANNA
6.)?
7.) VAN HALEN

Nirvanna WAS above VAN HALEN. SACRELIGIOUS, but it was done to appeal to the gen-X crowd. Who were PROBABLY the people working on the SHOW!!!

=Marshall=
08-27-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Lets see Bro, from what I can remember...
1.) LED ZEPPELIN
2.) BLACK SABBATH
3.) JIMMI HENDRIX
4.) AC/DC
5. NIRVANNA
6.)?
7.) VAN HALEN

Nirvanna WAS above VAN HALEN. SACRELIGIOUS, but it was done to appeal to the gen-X crowd. Who were PROBABLY the people working on the SHOW!!!
That list looks alright other than that no-good bullet-in-the-head talentless prick and his sloppy mates at number 5.

And you are too right, these lists always try to appeal to a larger audience, hence bands like Nirvana up there. They reach alot of the younger audience. They just bullshit themselves!

Don Corleone
08-27-2004, 05:23 AM
Nirvanna where an important band, that much cannot be denied. Like it or not, but Nevermind will be ranked next to Never Mind The Bollocks as one of the most significant albums to be released. However I wouldn't describe them as a Hard Rock band, no more than I would descibe Spam as a singer of any know talent.

spmusicplyr
08-27-2004, 05:31 AM
amen

=Marshall=
08-27-2004, 05:44 AM
I'll give Nirvana only that they had some major impact on the rocking world. They were a contrast to the current rock music at the time, and pretty soon after that contrast became the mainstream. I didn't like that deal. Suddenly it 'wasn't allowed' to play guitar solo's, and in general all the fun in rock was gone..

They are not even hard rock, they are sloppy punk. They are not classic, and they do not belong up there on 5th between AC/DC and Van Halen.

This is only my opinion of course.

Wayne L.
08-27-2004, 07:45 AM
The original Van Halen will always be the most important & most influential because they gave rock & roll a good kick in the ass when it needed it at the time. The VH1 Top 100 Hard Rock Bands Of All Time is just another WORTHLESS countdown show even though it was more accurate with Zeppelin & Sabbath at 1 & 2 with VH at 8 which is correct but Aerosmith at number 11 instead of in the top 10 is a travesty.

AJW
08-27-2004, 09:10 AM
They deserve it to. They paved the way for all of those other 80's bands.

fe_lung
08-27-2004, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by =Marshall=
[B]I'll give Nirvana only that they had some major impact on the rocking world. They were a contrast to the current rock music at the time, and pretty soon after that contrast became the mainstream. I didn't like that deal. Suddenly it 'wasn't allowed' to play guitar solo's, and in general all the fun in rock was gone..

They are not even hard rock, they are sloppy punk. They are not classic, and they do not belong up there on 5th between AC/DC and Van Halen.

This is only my opinion of course.

Nirvana has benefitted greatly from media hype, that's why they are there. I'm not sure about their overall infuluence, however. I'm sure that a lot more people picked up guitars and started bands because of VH than ever did because of Nirvana.

It's been said that very few people bought the first Velvet Underground album but every person who did started a band, and that's why they're so important. I think a similar thing can be said for the early VH albums.

light 'em up!
08-27-2004, 10:33 AM
And see... deep down inside, Sammy knows it too! That's why he's always been so paranoid about Dave, cause Dave's always been the real deal... always will be. Fuck fatass Hagar and the Van Hienies.

chefcraig
08-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung

Nirvana has benefitted greatly from media hype, that's why they are there. I'm not sure about their overall infuluence, however. I'm sure that a lot more people picked up guitars and started bands because of VH than ever did because of Nirvana.

It's been said that very few people bought the first Velvet Underground album but every person who did started a band, and that's why they're so important. I think a similar thing can be said for the early VH albums. [/B]

I honestly believe that Kurt Go-Blamm would never be considered as highly as he is (by writers anyway, who seem to view him as a genious) had he not killed himself, thus greatly enhancing what ultimately is a very short legacy.

I also believe that it is relatively short sighted nostalgia rather than any coclusive evidence that Nirvanna rates so highly in poles...let's give it 10 more years or so, see if it holds up.

...craig

ClubDave
08-27-2004, 02:46 PM
fuck nirvana........im sick of them being viewed as so great which takes credit away from bands i lvoe from the 90's that they hold down........like 311 for instance.......they are so much more talented than the people who have heard 3 or 4 radio singles from them could ever know.........and concerning vh, if it was up to me i would put them at number 1, i believe metallica was number 6........ but anyway, i think its really hard to decide between hendrix and zepplin, if it was up to me.......hendrix would be number 2, so here is my list

1 Van Halen
2 Jimi Hendrix Experience
3 Led Zeppelin
4 Black Sabbath
5 Guns N Roses
6 Queen
7 Aerosmith
8 The Who
9 AC/DC
10 Metallica

i just checked out the list, and as it turns out, metallica is number 5 and nirvana is number 6, ive never been a huge AC/DC fan so that is why they are so far down on my list.....i never really was able to get down with the format that they used over and over again......i love hells bells and tnt though

fe_lung
08-27-2004, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by c.craig
[B]I honestly believe that Kurt Go-Blamm would never be considered as highly as he is (by writers anyway, who seem to view him as a genious) had he not killed himself, thus greatly enhancing what ultimately is a very short legacy.

I also believe that it is relatively short sighted nostalgia rather than any coclusive evidence that Nirvanna rates so highly in poles...let's give it 10 more years or so, see if it holds up.

Hear hear! The media jammed that "voice of his generation" crap down peoples throat as soon as Teen Spirit broke. I, for one, never felt it.

I think they really blew it by waiting so long to put out the greatest hits and the "journals" book. Ten years after he died, Cobain has proven to be mostly irrelevant to modern music. Like Morrison before him, people on remember him 'cause he died young.

Thetruthbaby
08-27-2004, 04:04 PM
It was obvious that when the bands and critics were referring to how great VH's frontman was they were referring to ROTH. Then VH1 would show clips of mostly ROTH material. I've reached the point to where anytime I hear or see someone trying to promote the idea that VH's legacy is as big with hagar as it is with ROTH I automatically recognize them as a complete moron. It's laughable. Vhagar doesn't even compare to VAN HALEN. Deal with it.

tobinentinc
09-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Metallica was the one you forgot.

ULTRAMAN VH
09-02-2004, 08:03 PM
It is a travesty that Shitvanna is in front of VH on this list, absolutely rediculous. And I agree that Aerosmith should be in the top ten also.

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Nirvana was a neat little musical distraction from the hair metal that was selling before it, and they did open some doors for grunge to come in and take over for a bit, but as a lasting musical legacy, please. Were Cobain still alive today, they'd be split up and he'd be fucking around with some other stupid, inane band that nobody would care about trying to salvage something out of the ashes of grunge. In other words, they'd probably be in Pearl Jams shoes.

Nirvana were already heading down the toilet before he died, anyway...their 5 minutes were just about up. Cobain comitting suicide, was, tragically, a damn good career move.

EbDawson
09-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Cobain comitting suicide, was, tragically, a damn good career move.

That's a good one!

Matt White
09-03-2004, 10:13 AM
I thought the list should have looked like this:
1.) LED ZEPPELIN
2.) BLACK SABBATH
3.) VAN HALEN
4.) AC/DC
5.) JIMMI HENDRIX
6.) METALLICA
7.) AEROSMITH
8.) ALICE IN CHAINS
9.) GUNS N ROSES
10.)JANES ADDICTION

ALICE IN CHAINS was/is WAY more influential on music than NIRVANNA. FUCK, EVERYBODY right now shounds like ALICE IN CHAINS!!!! What a tragic FUCKING WASTE!!!

Figs
09-03-2004, 10:28 AM
Alice in Chains were great. I like Nirvana, In Utero was ok but overall a disappointment after Nevermind. They just want more representation from the 90's in their lists. VH1 put Nevermind like #2 on their list of best all time album.

Va Beach VH Fan
09-03-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by ClubDave
1 Van Halen
2 Jimi Hendrix Experience
3 Led Zeppelin
4 Black Sabbath
5 Guns N Roses
6 Queen
7 Aerosmith
8 The Who
9 AC/DC
10 Metallica

There's no way that I could honestly give VH the #1 slot, not the way the original lineup turned out.....

I've always said that if they would have been together just one album past 1984, they would have been right up there with the heavyweights, i.e. Zeppelin, Stones, Who, Sabbath.... That's how big they were in 1984, they were on the verge of superstardom....

And now look at them.....

ALinChainz
09-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
I thought the list should have looked like this:
1.) LED ZEPPELIN
2.) BLACK SABBATH
3.) VAN HALEN
4.) AC/DC
5.) JIMMI HENDRIX
6.) METALLICA
7.) AEROSMITH
8.) ALICE IN CHAINS
9.) GUNS N ROSES
10.)JANES ADDICTION

ALICE IN CHAINS was/is WAY more influential on music than NIRVANNA. FUCK, EVERYBODY right now shounds like ALICE IN CHAINS!!!! What a tragic FUCKING WASTE!!!

I agree with that Matt, and if I haven't voted for you, I am now.

VH1 replays this count down on TV, and I saw (from memory):

1. Led Zep
2. Sabbath
3. Hendrix
4. AC/DC
5. Metallica
6. Nirvana
7. VH

and then the rest ...

Could the list be different on their site? Who knows. But I know I've seen the TV show more than once.

Switch84
09-16-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by light 'em up!
And see... deep down inside, Sammy knows it too! That's why he's always been so paranoid about Dave, cause Dave's always been the real deal... always will be. Fuck fatass Hagar and the Van Hienies.

:D So true! I remember watching VH1's 40 Celebrity Feuds and they listed Spam vs. Davy Baby in the 20s. The clip they played from the 'Sam & Dave' tour showed Spammy bitchin' about being assigned the smallest dressing room! That fat fucker was whining so bad about Dave getting top notch accomidations while his dressing room was "No bigger than a closet."

Second-rate singers are supposed to get shitty dressing rooms, dude!

ROFLMMFAOBT!