PDA

View Full Version : Finish What Ya Started

ClubDave
08-27-2004, 02:04 PM
obviously, this is the worst video of all time..........but where does it stack as worst song of all time........it wins in my book, no song can be as bad as sam trying to sing sexual inuendos while using that sickening supposed to be sexy voice

your take?

Bill Lumbergh
08-27-2004, 02:12 PM
This has little to do with the topic, but last week I found an old Circus magazine that had a review of a Van Hagar concert in it. My favorite quote? "Van Halen is wonderbread metal....you know what you're geting before you open the package" HA..........actually I think that's being a bit generous. It should be something like "Van Hagar is like a used tampon.........it stinks, and no one wants anything to do with it." Oh and Finish What Ya Started is shit.........another lazy performance from the "band of vaginas"(even though many Roth fans cite this song as decent).

SNIPER
08-27-2004, 02:15 PM
0U812 is by far the worst album of all time!

Bill Lumbergh
08-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SNIPER

Can't argue with you there.

Bill Lumbergh
08-27-2004, 02:17 PM
I cant remember the "Finish What Ya Started" video at all..........guess I blocked it out.

Carmine
08-27-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
even though many Roth fans cite this song as decent). [/B]

i agree with that. probably cause it is unlike anything they ever did before, sam or Dave...

Carmine
08-27-2004, 02:19 PM

YEP!

Rikk
08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
You know, I'd say as Hagar albums go, OU812 is not the worst one. I'd say F.U.C.K. is much, much worse. But FINISH WHAT YA STARTED is a bag of rancid barf. It sounds like a fucking new country tune...Shania Twain would be happy singing it. And I'm sorry folks...but I'm not too fond of Shania, the Canadian export.

The song is just so godawful, I can't believe it's the same band that recorded SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR, ROMEO DELIGHT or GIRL GONE BAD!!!

Rikk
08-27-2004, 02:23 PM

Oh, who are you kidding, cunt? You love that album just like you love your cheesehead singer.:o

Coyote
08-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ClubDave
obviously, this is the worst video of all time..........but where does it stack as worst song of all time........it wins in my book, no song can be as bad as sam trying to sing sexual inuendos while using that sickening supposed to be sexy voice

your take?

I'll take Devo over that atrocity ANYTIME!

SNIPER
08-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Oh, who are you kidding, cunt? You love that album just like you
your cheesehead singer.:o

NO, really, I think it sucks. prick.

At least the production is better on FUCK. Not so thin and weak sounding, aside from the tunes.

Bill Lumbergh
08-27-2004, 02:34 PM
You know, I'd say as Hagar albums go, OU812 is not the worst one. I'd say F.U.C.K. is much, much worse. But FINISH WHAT YA STARTED is a bag of rancid barf. It sounds like a fucking new country tune...Shania Twain would be happy singing it. And I'm sorry folks...but I'm not too fond of Shania, the Canadian export.

The song is just so godawful, I can't believe it's the same band that recorded SOMEBODY GET ME A DOCTOR, ROMEO DELIGHT or GIRL GONE BAD!!!

I've heard many a Roth fan on this board say that Ed tears it up on this track. Maybe they were comparing it to "Big Bad Bill"................And now that I think about it "Balance" is probably worse than ou812.........although it really doesnt matter, it's like comparing brown shit with green.

fe_lung
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
"Finish" sucks but it's a house rocker compared to Love Walks In!

Bill Lumbergh
08-27-2004, 02:47 PM
"If you wanna see other guys....baby I could let it slide........"

Rikk
08-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
"Finish" sucks but it's a house rocker compared to Love Walks In!

Yes. I guess MAN ON A MISSION would also be worse.

guwapo_rocker
08-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by ClubDave

your take?

See my avatar!:D

ClubDave
08-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Shania Twain would be happy singing it.

if shania twain sang finish what ya started, vh would have been a lot better off than the mo they had singing on it

chefcraig
08-27-2004, 03:07 PM
It truly isn't the video that blows so much, the cancer is the "song" itself, IMO.

This thing never goes anywhere...it's the same riff, over and over. Where is the chorus ?

Simply singing "C'mon baby...ect." over the same riff as the verse is just plain lame.

I've put more thought into bowel movements.

I agree with Rikk, it's like some "new country" attempt...and it falls flat on it's simplistic and jingoistic ass.

Come on baby...let's go to Baskin Robbins...:rolleyes:

Yecchhh.

...craig

=Marshall=
08-27-2004, 03:09 PM
"If you wanna see other guys, baby I can let it slide.."

He can let it slide?? I would've thrown her out and gotten a better one, goddamn Shambo is DESPERATE!! :lol:

Bill Lumbergh
08-27-2004, 03:13 PM
"You wanna pet whale, you wanna friend............baby I could be both of them......"

=Marshall=
08-27-2004, 03:35 PM
"It's alive and it's kicking, Inside of me"

Is this dude singin about being pregnant or what!?? Maybe so cause he's sung about giving birth to aliens before..

"Some kind of alien, reach for the opening"

:confused:

SoCalChelle
08-27-2004, 03:42 PM
ROFLMAO!

Rikk
08-27-2004, 03:44 PM
What's also so fucking disgusting is the idea of Sammy being horny. Just that thought makes me so sick, I want to fucking throw up!!!!

spmusicplyr
08-27-2004, 03:45 PM
aww

DLRdelight!
08-27-2004, 03:56 PM
nice picture

bueno bob
08-27-2004, 04:17 PM
I have hated that song from the moment I heard it on the radio for the first time, and I mean HATED it with a passion. At first, I thought it was solo Sammy - the radio never announced it as being a Van Halen track back then, and I never bought OU812 for a good long time...at this point, I was pretty much avoiding any and all things Van Halen save for the David years (obviously), and of that, I'd made a mix tape that was keeping my tape deck in the car warm.

Years down the road, I found OU812 at a pawn shop, this being about 1992 or so, and decided on a whim to buy it, didn't look at the track listing...skimming through the CD in the car it came up and I damn near wrecked myself I was so pissed!

True story.

I STILL hate that fucking song!

frenchie
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
do you think that van halen 3 is worst than balance or ou812?

Rikk
08-27-2004, 04:31 PM
No. I would venture to say that I even prefer Van Halen 3 to most of the Hagar stuff.

Fabulous Shadow
08-27-2004, 04:39 PM
I actually like this video...

The guys are HOT and the girls are HOTTER!

Watch it here...

http://www.redrocker.com/video/videopage_vh.html

Rikk
08-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I actually like this video...

The guys are HOT and the girls are HOTTER!

Watch it here...

http://www.redrocker.com/video/videopage_vh.html

FUCK THAT SHIT!!!

You like that video???:confused:

Fabulous Shadow
08-27-2004, 05:00 PM
RIKK... Come on man! The women are HOT in that video and since your gonna make me say it... Eddie looks fuckin HOT in it as well...

(andsodoessammy)... I love you.... XO!

Warham
08-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Very disturbing.

guwapo_rocker
08-27-2004, 05:03 PM

C'mon baby I know where you're headin'

Straight to the pen......

:D

light 'em up!
08-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Fuck Ed and Sam. I hope they choke on what they started.

Fabulous Shadow
08-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
C'mon baby I know where you're headin'

Straight to the pen......

No, I have been given a pen pass, because I am a silly chick, and I live in the chick coup...

guwapo_rocker
08-27-2004, 05:15 PM
No, I have been given a pen pass, because I am a silly chick, and I live in the chick coup...

Sorry babe, that expired after 30 days. As a pen administrator i say

famale inmates will now have to provide a get out of the pen BJ.:D

Fabulous Shadow
08-27-2004, 05:19 PM
I dont know Guwapo... I think the pen patrol boys are making up the rules as they go... I'd like to see the pen rules... Are you able to veto rules made by the OTHER pen patrol?

guwapo_rocker
08-27-2004, 05:22 PM
It is our PEN, and yes I can.

lms2
08-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I have hated that song from the moment I heard it on the radio for the first time, and I mean HATED it with a passion. I damn near wrecked myself I was so pissed!

True story.

I STILL hate that fucking song!

Interesting. I understand that a lot of people do not like Hagar material, but you knew it was Hagar when you bought it, so that can't be it. Why such a strong reaction to that particular song?

To hate something that much there is usually an underlying reason beyond simply poor lyrics. Care to tell that true story?

Fabulous Shadow
08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
It is our PEN, and yes I can.

Well, do what you will... I have been good to you guys but if THAT's how you want to treat me, so be it!

guwapo_rocker
08-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Well, do what you will... I have been good to you guys but if THAT's how you want to treat me, so be it!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Dr. Love
08-27-2004, 07:27 PM
That song is a godsend compared to the atrocity known as "Feels So Good".

I fucking hate that song with a passion.

rob100
08-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by =Marshall=
"It's alive and it's kicking, Inside of me"

Is this dude singin about being pregnant or what!?? Maybe so cause he's sung about giving birth to aliens before..

"Some kind of alien, reach for the opening"

:confused:

LOL!!!!
:D :D :D

bueno bob
08-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Interesting. I understand that a lot of people do not like Hagar material, but you knew it was Hagar when you bought it, so that can't be it. Why such a strong reaction to that particular song?

To hate something that much there is usually an underlying reason beyond simply poor lyrics. Care to tell that true story?

It's really just about that simple. I hated the song when I heard it on the radio, I thought it was low key, stupid, ignorant...really obnoxious...I felt much the same way about it as I did about Poison's "Every Rose Has it's Thorn" and Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive", bands that I could mostly tolerate hearing otherwise. from time to time it's just a matter of a particular songs not sitting well with me.

The thing of it was, I always thought it was a solo Hagar track. It didn't sound anything like Van Halen, I wasn't watching MTV at all around 1987 to, say maybe 1993 or so, I wasn't reading Van Halen interviews in the magazines or anything else, so believe it or not, I really never knew that it was a Van Hagar track; I always made the assumption that it was a solo Hagar song from his 87 album.

Now, like I said, when I finally picked up OU812 at a pawn shop, I didn't even look at the track listing. I knew Feels So Good and When it's Love were on there, but really, that was it. I was MILITANT about avoiding ANYTHING Hagar related with Van Halen for quite a few years (I've tapered off significantly since then...but remind me to tell you the story of burning a Van Halen homemade oversized banner in the middle of the highway sometime).

I've just never liked the song at all, honestly, but you're correct, it's not really a Hagar thing at all, it's just that I hate the song! :)

lms2
08-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Okay. I believe you. Sometimes I just get pissed and I am not even sure why. But then other songs trigger memories. I am somewhat of a memory collector. I like stories.

Now, about burning the banner in the middle of the highway? :Confused:

I may get a story yet!

bueno bob
08-27-2004, 08:57 PM
I'll start a new thread about it.

lms2
08-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Okay. I will watch for it.

Dan
08-27-2004, 09:13 PM
The only thing I like about the video Is when It stops.

bueno bob
08-27-2004, 09:15 PM
How will I know when it stops?

I can tell you cuz your ears feel better! Ohhh....

rustoffa
08-27-2004, 09:45 PM
During roy's set here on the DAVE/sam tour, he went into a speel about
being interrupted late at night by a phone call frm Ed while they were
on tour.

Some drivel about how Ed wanted him to here a riff he came up with.

He was all like "and when EDDIE VAN HALEN wants to play his geetar
for you, you put everything on HOLD"!:rolleyes:

Anyway, the nauseating waxation turned out to be about how roy had to listen to the riff and put his woman on hold, and that's how the song came about.

You shoulda seen all the retards on the short bus bleachers on stage
clapping like trained seals.

Arrrgh.
:dork: :mad2:

lms2
08-27-2004, 10:20 PM
I think Hagar is full of crap. Not that anyone here cares what the song is about, but does anyone else believe Hagar's story?

Matt White
08-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Another mediocre EVH riff totaly RUINED by worthless Spammy lyrics. BORING the moment I heard it. OU812? COMPLETE SHIT. And I thought it couldn't get any worse after 5150. What a complete downward spiral Van Hagar has been on from the start. NO WONDER grunge came about!!!

:donkey:

Rikk
08-28-2004, 01:59 AM
I dont know Guwapo... I think the pen patrol boys are making up the rules as they go... I'd like to see the pen rules... Are you able to veto rules made by the OTHER pen patrol?

You just said Sammy was hot, Fab. Sounds like a Pen comment to me. Chick, man...it matters not. Sheep are sheep. I mean, sheep reproduce, don't they? I mean, we all know cockvanhalen69 was asexually produced by his beast of a "mother". But you're sounding like a sheep to me.

Hey, didn't you see Van Hagar in Vegas?

Hmmmm.....

I see the pen gates slowly opening up...

ELVIS
08-28-2004, 02:08 AM
What's also so fucking disgusting is the idea of Sammy being horny. Just that thought makes me so sick, I want to fucking throw up!!!!

You may need some fresh air, my friend...

:elvis:

ELVIS
08-28-2004, 02:11 AM
I am a silly chick

That's an understatement...

Rikk
08-28-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You may need some fresh air, my friend...

:elvis:

I think I may need fresh air, a sniper rifle and a ticket to the next concert...:gun:

Panamark
08-28-2004, 03:38 AM
Ok Im going to try and find a positive angle to this.

Watch *ANY* Sammy / Van Hagar clip, now watch
any original Van Halen clip.

If you dont come through the comparison a reborn
Roth and Roller, you are a blind mofo !!!

Dan
08-28-2004, 03:51 AM
Amen to that.

MAX
08-28-2004, 03:59 AM

This doesn't sit well with me as a moderator of the MAIN DISCUSSION on a DIAMOND DAVID LEE ROTH website.

Rikk is the man in charge and I live by Sheepherder Rikk's opinions. I just manage the land so to speak.

However, that statement sounds very much like a "Lost Sheep" poster nailed to a post?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............

What to do next? Let's call Guwapo and Bill and see? lol.

Rikk
08-28-2004, 11:50 AM
I mean, you can't just say "Sammy, I love you" on this site and expect to be not be in the Sheep pen. We all know from past forum experience that Fab has said Dave sucks and Sammy is awesome.

Discussions are underway.

SoCalChelle
08-29-2004, 12:06 PM
RIKK... Come on man! The women are HOT in that video and since your gonna make me say it... Eddie looks fuckin HOT in it as well...

I thought she was saying that Sammy looks hot and that she loves RIKK.

Matt White
08-30-2004, 01:53 PM
SHITTY video, SHITTY song, SHITTY band. Case closed.