X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keeyth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2004

Anybody out there love their job?

I'm thinking of a career change, as the Bush economy has suddenly forced me to have to begin looking for work...

...anybody out there really like what they do?

I have a B.S.in Marketing/Advertising, but have been doing Internet/Network Integration Sales for the last 6 years...

...wondering if there are any really cool careers/jobs that I'm overlooking or not aware of?

Also, anyone know of any job openings in the San Jose CA area?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.
  • SweetSecrets
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

Go get you Masters degree! Quickly!
    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• SweetSecrets
      Sniper
      • Jun 2004

Way too many people have a B.S. in Business/Marketing. You need to upgrade your software homie!

Comment

• SweetSecrets
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

Sorry.....I meant ........ Marketing/Advertising!

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

How about, Start Your Own Business in this Import-Based Economy

Blaming any President for shit you failed to make corrective career offset decisions over makes you look perty fuckin' Stupid over.

1. Did you fill out a job app or Intern Resume with the White House?

2. Have you done any research, been a consultant to, or provided detailed job data or economic prosperity forecasts for the Bush family recently?

3. Has Bush asked you for one word of advisement, otherwise, regarding changes he could or should have made towards the economy or your job choice focus?

4. Did Bush tell you to pick Netork Marketing or provide data of an upward-sloping curve of predicated performance - causing you to make such a choice SWAMPED WITH A MILLION OTHER GEEKS and therefore sink in a saturated market with little-left demand for services?

You like so many others might consider what you do a high art, but when the plumber comes to unplug your toilet you stopped up with your very large pizza-crust firing ass for a $125 housecall, you'll wish you paid more attention to the physical world than the www net stuff thingy there.

PLUMBING - CHOOSE PLUMBING YOU WILL NEVER BE OUT OF WORK OR MONEY MOTHERFUCKER

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

monster.com

And don't over look the PR jobs. PR and marketing teach similar things. You could easily transfer knowledge from one to the other.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• SoCalChelle
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

I absolutely LOVE my job, but it's probably not what you're looking for.
              Formerly Tormented VH Fan
              Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

I'm told if you can't earn a 6 figure income in PR you're not doing something right.

Comment

• lms2

I wonder how i would do in a PR job. I really have a knack with people.

Comment

• lms2

It seems I kill every thread I post on.

Comment

• Susie Q
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                      It seems I kill every thread I post on.
                      Um...no...I kill the threads. Look at the ones I post in and look how many respond to me

P.S. I like my job. I went from the Medical field (was in it for over 15 years) to the Sales/Marketing field. That's a career switch let me tell ya!

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                      ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• lms2

I just responded to your post in the Sunday Prayer thread. I still think its me.

Comment

• Susie Q
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

I just responded to your post in the Sunday Prayer thread. I still think its me.
                          Well....perhaps if we keep responding to each other we won't feel bad...ROTFLMAO!

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                          ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• lms2

That one thing I really, really like about Arielle. She flips me off every now and then, but she always responds. ::

Comment

• Susie Q
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

That one thing I really, really like about Arielle. She flips me off every now and then, but she always responds. ::
                              HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! Well, I won't flip ya off. But now I gotta go watch a movie with my boy. He wants to watch School of Rock

~Susie Q 2009

Comment

Working...