PDA

View Full Version : USC vs. Virginia Tech

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Well...what does this mean...

USC wins 24-13...certainly not a statement...

so...is Tech better than we thought...

or is USC going to show themselves as not able to hold the throne...

USC doesn't have a difficult schedule...so even though they MAY hold it together...I predict they don't hold the #1 slot the rest of the year...

big, bold talk...lmfao...

I don't get the polls anymore...stopped trying...but I can't say this win is going to HELP their cause...

TLR
08-29-2004, 12:48 AM
The win helps them more than it hurts them (wow...what words of wisdom there)...

They may not have looked like a #1 ranked team, but Tech always plays well at the beginning of the year (not to mention-they were in Blacksburg) and USC has shown a propensity for playing better later...

What does all that mean? Ummm...I have no idea on God's green earth...

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 12:52 AM
They didn't play in Blacksburg...they played in DC...sure...hometown turf for Tech for sure...

but not Blacksburg...that would have made a bit of difference...

TLR
08-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Oops...hell, I KNEW I should have checked that before I typed it...strike that stupid remark from the record, please (and I even watched some of the game...sheesh)...

Ummm, actually I knew that...*cough*...I was just checking to see if you were paying attention...

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 01:51 AM
LMFAO...don't worry bro...if there's one thing you oughta know by now...

I'll either...

1. Give you an opinion and call you an ass...

2. Make sure you knew I was paying attention...and call you an ass...

3. Let you know you have no fucking clue...and call you an ass...

or just call you an ass...

;)

TLR
08-29-2004, 02:02 AM
Let me get this straight...

Are you calling me an ass?

LOL

TLR
08-29-2004, 02:03 AM
By the way...you are right in saying if the game had been played in Blacksburg it would have made a difference. I've been there 3-4 times and it is a tough place...

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 02:23 AM
I haven't been there...but I've watched plenty of games there...not a fun place for a visitor to play...should be an interesting addition to FSU's schedule every year...

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 02:23 AM
and yeah...you ass...

TLR
08-29-2004, 02:29 AM
Yep, nice little challenge for Bowden and his boys...

It's a nice place unless you are Lee Corso and you have a rental car sitting in the parking lot...LOL

I would say this to Lee before he ever again parks his car in that same slot..."Not so fast, my friend..."

TLR
08-29-2004, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
and yeah...you ass...

I resemble that particular remark...

Rebel
08-29-2004, 02:56 AM
I can't stand USC. VT was probably the best team they'll play all year actually. People will talk "Cal is tough" or some BS about ASU, whatever. If USC doesn't run the table, it would be embarrasing IMO. That schedule is pathetic, not totally their fault, but they could schedule out of conference a little better.

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 03:05 AM
Oh...it IS totally their fault...

I just hope there are more than one undefeated this year...

TLR
08-29-2004, 03:08 AM
It is 100% their fault that their schedule is what it is...they have complete say within their athletic department what their NON-conference schedule is...or isn't...

Rebel
08-29-2004, 03:09 AM
I was saying it's not their fault the Pac-10 totally blows, but why can't they play some big dogs out of conference? When you compare their schedule to someone like Miami, V Tech, or any SEC team, it's kinda ridiculous.

TLR
08-29-2004, 03:17 AM
Ok, gotcha...guess might subscribe to the same theory Kansas State does, huh?

Jano
08-29-2004, 06:59 AM
Go sooners, they 're going to kick everybody out of the championship's title!

Va Beach VH Fan
08-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
They didn't play in Blacksburg...they played in DC...sure...hometown turf for Tech for sure...

but not Blacksburg...that would have made a bit of difference...

They had the advantage of proximity, but I wouldn't call a 281 mile trip a home game ???

BTW, I had a buddy who visited us Friday night, and drove up I-95 to go back up to D.C. Saturday afternoon, and felt the wrath of the VT caravan heading up to the game..... 4.5 hours for a 200 mile trip... Ouch....

VT didn't get a couple of calls, but I won't go as far as to say that they got screwed.... That off. pass interference penalty really hurt them though....

Fairwrning
08-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

VT didn't get a couple of calls, but I won't go as far as to say that they got screwed.... That off. pass interference penalty really hurt them though....

That was absolutely a huge call...Tech got screwed bad!! they would have put at least 3 more on the board ..completely changed the momentum of the game...

Rebel
08-29-2004, 02:46 PM
A single penalty can't lose you a game, but it can help. It was a big call, but their offense went to shit in the second half of the third and the fourth. The biggest plays of the game was on the second drive of V Tech (I think), when the WR dropped the ball at the 10yd line, then Randall threw an INT on the next play, that was a 14 point swing in all likelihood.

V Tech shoulda went up 7-0 right out of the gate.