PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams OUT at USC

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 12:46 AM
So...the NFL rules that underclassmen are eligible...and Mike Williams says...yeah...let's do this...

then the NFL changes it's mind (really the courts...but hey...NFL...courts...it's all the same in this case)...and Williams immediately returned the money given to him by an agent...

and rescinds his request to go pro...

the NCAA says fuck you...

but...Willie Williams can play...he of 12 convictions...

and marijuana boy from Kent St. can play...

Williams...and outstanding young man...who followed the rules from the start pays the penalty...

while drug abusers and thieves get the okay...

just outstanding...

are we talking about the NCAA or the NFL?

hard to tell these days...

TLR
08-29-2004, 12:58 AM
I predicted months ago the NCAA would not reinstate Williams (not suggesting I'm a genius or had inside info...probably lots of other people predicted the same). At any rate, it sure doesn't seem fair to me-especially in comparison to the other cases you cited...

NCAA...I have no further comment...

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 01:50 AM
LMFAO...well...I saw an interview with Williams...and he said he was just looking forward to getting on with his education...and whatever happened happened...

could you imagine Clarett saying that?

Give me a break...

Williams got screwed...

the NCAA has every opportunity to shine a good light on themselves...and every time...those fucking pussies take the easy way out...

TLR
08-29-2004, 01:59 AM
What you just said...every single word of it...

Williams is everything that Clarett isn't...x10

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 02:18 AM
x100...

I wonder what in the hell Maurice Clarett is doing...

TLR
08-29-2004, 02:22 AM
Getting even fatter back home in Youngstown?

Filing false claims with the local police department having to do with stolen CDs?

Waiting for LeBron to get back from Greece?

Studying hard to finally get that degree he's working toward so diligently?

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 02:49 AM
I just read somewhere that LeBron's agent came out and said, "LeBron James has ceased speaking to Clarett for the time being..."

LmFaO...sure...

TLR
08-29-2004, 02:51 AM
That's only because LeBron's cell didn't have full service in Greece...

I think my four guesses at to what Clarett might be up to would fit well in the thread you started..."Whatever Happened To..."

Which, by the way, would be an interesting way to bring up obscure figures from the world of sports...just a thought...

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 03:01 AM
No...that's why I put it there...

I thought of doing a Clarett thread a couple of weeks ago...and a year or so ago...I did a running segment...just forgot about it...

TLR
08-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Maybe we should post this question at local McDonald's franchises. Someone there might have spotted him...

ALinChainz
08-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Williams should have been reinstated, no question. The NCAA dropped the ball here.

I will say this, he could have waited to hire an agent. This was a special circumstance, and he could have gotten a lawyer instead.

Hiring an agent wasn't needed just yet.

POJO_Risin
08-29-2004, 03:06 AM
Or at a car dealership...looking for a car to "borrow"

TLR
08-29-2004, 03:09 AM
Maybe he can get LeBron's damaged Hummer at a cut-rate...

Rebel
08-29-2004, 03:13 AM
My main problem is the way it happend. It's the NCAA's decision, but they shouldn't have "led him on" so to speak. He was told if he did "X" (return money, pass summer classes, etc) he could play. From my understanding, he completed what they layed out, and still can't play, that's just plain wrong.

TLR
08-29-2004, 03:14 AM
Agreed...gotta' love the NCAA and their procedures...

Va Beach VH Fan
08-29-2004, 09:31 AM
I think Williams has to foot at least SOME of the blame here....

Nothing in this world is guaranteed, fellow K-Mart shoppers....

Well, unless you're talking about Poj walking out on a Hagarita show, but that's for another time.... ;)

He HAD to know that he was taking a chance by going pro...

So although I concur that, once again, the NCAA, appearing as if it's being run by Dean Wormer from Animal House, dropped the ball again, it's not like the possibility NEVER existed for this to happen....

TLR
08-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Sure, Williams should shoulder some of the responsibility for making the decision he made. I don't think he is shirking that is he? I can't say for certain, but isn't he just rather 'taking this in stride?'

My issue is this: He made a decision based on certain dynamics being in place at the time the decision was made. Then, when some of those dynamics unexpectedly change...well, he's not allowed to adjust his decision at that point in time? C'mon...we're not talking about changing your dinner order on a whim when the waiter arrives with your plate...we're talking about a situation involving a court of law and the NCAA that changed...he should have been allowed some wiggle room here, but I knew he wouldn't get one inch...