PDA

View Full Version : A low in Dave's career?

dstanzler
08-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Okay, lots of talk about Dave becoming a paramedic. Thats fine. But is it a low in Dave's career?

I was thinking all of the OTHER types of jobs Dave might have. Do you guys think he would readily become a late night talk show host? Or work on a Soap Opera?

Just a thought.

DAVE>sammy

Dave

steve
08-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Instead of doing something for himself, he's choosing to take 6 months and train to be a volunteer paramedic and help others for free.

That's not a low point.

fanofdave
08-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Dave's interest in becoming an EMT/Paramedic
isn't a career move. He's pursuing another avenue
just like he pursued martial arts, mountain climbing,
etc. Its not even remotely related to his career as
an entertainer and utimate front man.

SoCalChelle
08-29-2004, 05:00 PM
No matter what he does (or doesn't do) somebody somewhere is going to bitch about it. Same goes for the rest of Van Halen. No matter what any of them do, it's never good enough. Now we've got people saying that even if they reunited and toured, they wouldn't go. After all these years of bitching about no reunion. I just can't figure people out sometimes....there's no pleasing them. I mean, shit, Dave's doing a noble thing and here's this guy saying it's a low point in his career. What the fuck ever.

horty07
08-29-2004, 05:22 PM
Dave is volunteering his time, would you respect him more if he was in rehab? People seem to forget that Dave has made it, he is successful and wealthy. He now wants to branch out and try something new, Dave is all about new experiences.

dave_is_vh
08-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by horty07
Dave is volunteering his time, would you respect him more if he was in rehab?

hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Big Troubles
08-29-2004, 05:33 PM
A low point in Daves life would be reading this awesome sites postings about "low points in his career". If you find low points in his career; your not a Roth-Head, you're a Fuck Head. :D

manwiththedogs
08-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
A low point in Daves life would be reading this awesome sites postings about "low points in his career". If you find low points in his career; your not a Roth-Head, you're a Fuck Head. :D

Right on Brother.

fe_lung
08-29-2004, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dstanzler
[B]Okay, lots of talk about Dave becoming a paramedic. Thats fine. But is it a low in Dave's career?

I was thinking all of the OTHER types of jobs Dave might have. Do you guys think he would readily become a late night talk show host? Or work on a Soap Opera?

Just a thought.

It would only be a low point if he'd called a press conference to announce he was doing it. Then it'd be shameless self-promotion.

Matt White
08-29-2004, 07:25 PM
VOLUNTEERING one's TIME to help their fellow man IS NOT A LOW POINT. You would have to be clinicaly RETARDED to consider this a "low point" in a persons professional life. In the past, this type of civic responsibility was looked upon as both noble and admirable. It says a lot about society and certain "individuals" that they could make derogatory comments concering this personal endeavor. Shameful.

:donkey:

tobinentinc
08-29-2004, 09:28 PM
*After all folks, he is jewish. It's his birth right to be involved in the medical field. Plus, he's helping people for free. Shows great class.

*(I'm not against jews or anything of the sort, just making a joke)

RogueHorseman
08-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by dstanzler
Okay, lots of talk about Dave becoming a paramedic. Thats fine. But is it a low in Dave's career?

Just a thought.

DAVE>sammy

Dave

A "thought", huh?

Your thoughts are stupid, narrow minded drivel.

lms2
08-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Yea, no tip of the ten gallon hat to you tard.

Its not a "career choice" unless you get paid for it. This is a special interest project. Broadening horizons if you will. WTF

fe_lung
08-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Its not a "career choice" unless you get paid for it. This is a special interest project. Broadening horizons if you will. WTF [/B][/QUOTE]

Unless you get paid for it.... isn't that the fine line twixt whore and slut?

L.P.
08-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by SoCalChelle
No matter what he does (or doesn't do) somebody somewhere is going to bitch about it. Same goes for the rest of Van Halen. No matter what any of them do, it's never good enough. Now we've got people saying that even if they reunited and toured, they wouldn't go. After all these years of bitching about no reunion. I just can't figure people out sometimes....there's no pleasing them. I mean, shit, Dave's doing a noble thing and here's this guy saying it's a low point in his career. What the fuck ever.

L.P.
08-29-2004, 11:00 PM
nice language, cunt. Isn't it about time you started acting like a lady?

rustoffa
08-30-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by L.P.
nice language. Isn't it about time you started acting like a lady?

Mind your manners son.

bueno bob
08-30-2004, 12:55 AM
How could it possibly be considered a "low point" in Dave's "career", dstanzler? Please explain the logic to me. Working on a soap opera or being a late night talk show host, now, you think that would actually be a high point? Soap operas are ignored by everyone except your mother. Late night talk show hosts are a dime a fuckin' dozen. EMTs are a credible profession and actually fucking CONTRIBUTE to society. And you think this is a "low" point for him.

For Christ's sake... :rolleyes:

EmpyreLounge44
08-31-2004, 10:56 AM
if you consider this a career move then of course it is a low point...the guy is a singer/entertainer...not an EMT. This has "Where Are they Now" written all over it, but as everyone here has said its not a fulltime gig, although you dont really get that impression by checking out the headlines of the articles about him.

Warham
08-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Good grief.

lms
08-31-2004, 11:14 AM
To a casual observer it may not make sense, but it doesn't have to. David Lee Roth doesn't care. He has nothing to prove to anyone. To a true Roth Fan... we accept Dave for who and what he wants to be at any point in time. If that means he wants to play EMT in New York, we salute him.

It is a noble and honorable thing to do. Unlike this sham money grabbing tour of the sisters. Now, do you really want to talk about a low point in a career? Which is worse, to keep your mouth shut and better yourself as a person, or to put out crap like "up for breakfast" and make a bigger *ss out of yourself. No easy feat all things considered.

SNIPER
08-31-2004, 11:23 AM
i THINK DAVE NOT BEING IN VAN HALEN IS A LOW POINT FOR EVERYONE.

DrGrafenberg
08-31-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by L.P.
nice language, cunt. Isn't it about time you started acting like a lady?

Oi, watch it, potty mouth!

guwapo_rocker
08-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by DrGrafenberg
Oi, watch it, potty mouth!

Nice avatar Doc.:D

=Marshall=
08-31-2004, 11:39 AM
My thought's on DLR as EMT:

Class act that Dave. :)

wr830
08-31-2004, 11:51 AM
dstanzler you have helped the army reach a low point in threads by posting this bullshit.

Dave rocks, and the fact that he is helping others, instead of screwing them like the sisters, shows he is class act.

Support the God that is Roth, don't bash him.

PS - Doc, that sure is a nice avatar you got there!!!!

Bill Lumbergh
08-31-2004, 12:23 PM

A reunion has lost its luster because now we all officialy know that EVH is done.

lms
08-31-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
A reunion has lost its luster because now we all officialy know that EVH is done.

And Dave still rocks as an EMT. Right Bill. :D

If modern medicine can't make ya feel all better, a dose of Dave can.

RogueHorseman
08-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by lms2
Yea, no tip of the ten gallon hat to you tard.

You got that right...

Vinnie Velvet
08-31-2004, 01:08 PM
Dave is probably one of the more diverse entertainers around.

He's always been an avid traveller.

He does khayaking.

He mountain climbs.

He skiis.

He's trained in martial arts and practices each day.

He's trained in kick boxing.

And now he's doing the EMT thing.

How many rock icons can lay claim to all that???

Oh yeah, and he's sold millions of records and has also directed videos, etc, etc, etc....

Marlowe01
09-01-2004, 02:51 PM
No shit! The guy's been all around the world MANY TIMES OVER and done EVERYTHING. Want to hear what all those things were like? Read his book! I support the whole EMT thing as long as I get to see him play at least one more time.

lms2
09-01-2004, 06:31 PM
read his book...he will be playing for another 20 year "god willing..."

he just needed a break to help kept it real.

BlimpyCHIMP™
09-01-2004, 09:13 PM
DAVES EMT TRAINING WILL COME IN HANDY

NEXT YEARS' VH TOUR MAY FIND THE GUITARIST IN VARIUOS STAGES OF CONSHISSNES

Switch84
09-12-2004, 05:27 PM
:eek: ;) How DARE anyone question the motives or actions of the ALMIGHTY HOLY KING DAVID!!! He is the 'CHOSEN ONE' to save NYC's shot up, cut up, FUCKED UP from the wages of their sins! ALL BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP MIGHTY KING DAVID!!!!!

:lol: Some of you really need to 'SWITCH' to decaf, and fast! Dude just pondered a question; no harm, no foul. I have no idea what Davy Baby's thought process is behind this bootleg Ghandi move, but I can dig it. More power to him, I say.

jalden67
09-14-2004, 03:53 AM
-maybe Dave should spend more time with his music and his comb-over than pretending to help others.

The man

Panamark
09-14-2004, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by jalden67
-maybe Dave should spend more time with his music and his comb-over than pretending to help others.

The man

Maybe you should cut your dick off with a blunt knife and swallow it.

Swallowing stagnant cheese served with a small cock, is something Im sure any Van Hagar fan is very familiar with.

Matt White
09-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by jalden67

The man

Maybe your MOM should pick you up earlier from school. Then you won't go on the internet and make and ASS out of yourself. Or at least not in front of others! Shove off!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

fenway5150
09-15-2004, 03:48 PM
No matter what he does (or doesn't do) somebody somewhere is going to bitch about it. Same goes for the rest of Van Halen.

Same goes for the rest of society.

fenway5150
09-15-2004, 03:49 PM
All I wanted was a little more cowbell....I didn't mean to hurt anyone.