PDA

View Full Version : BOBW already dieing

Dave IS VH
08-30-2004, 02:52 AM
Today, I went to "Cheapers" a local CD shop that sells New and Used CD's. I found 4 or 5 copies of BOBW in the used section of the store. People who bought the album are already getting sick of it and selling it for cash. It says how bad the album is, people are trying to sell it, when it was released a few weeks ago.

Panamark
08-30-2004, 03:11 AM
Or perhaps its overstock from record stores that expected a much better takeup rate..

DavidLeeNatra
08-30-2004, 03:30 AM
down to #53 on german charts after three weeks...(entry #28, second week #47)...fuck van hagar...

badhorsie
08-30-2004, 03:43 AM
Burn it , turn it in for credit.

Easy as that.

Panamark
08-30-2004, 03:44 AM
No matter how much we want this to kick Ed in the butt, the album does contain some great Dave tunes. There are thousands of ignorants in this world that know nothing about the Van Halen
politics, and will buy it for Dave's songs alone.

We know its not for the three new tunes, has anyone read one
postive review regarding those songs ? No, Van Hagar was done
when it was done. They were a band selling less albums with each
release.

And they wanted to ressurect this ??

Just listen to those three new songs if you
need further confirmation. Van Hagar is finished as a productive
unit. So I wouldnt think Sammy is part of a longer term deal....

Now thats some good news !

bueno bob
08-30-2004, 03:54 AM
AMEN!

Most of the people who bought it probably did burn it and hock it...God knows I've done enough of that in my time, so on a rational level, badhorsie makes some sense, admittedly.

But I didn't do that with ALL of the CDs I bought, either, depending on the overall packaging...

Since the BOBW packaging is a steaming pile of shit, that probably says a lot for people who might have wanted to keep an official copy.

And since this thing is mostly selling to Hagar diehards and a SLIM few casual fans....

What does that lead you to?

EVEN THE HAGAR FANS DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT'S PUT TOGETHER!

HAHA!

:D

Fuck Hagar, anyway.

Out.

badhorsie
08-30-2004, 04:12 AM
Why would you say "Slim" casual fans? You dont believe any new fans would be attracted to the greatest hits album after hearing number of the Roth tunes on the radio and the mystique of the classic era?? (since thats all the radio ever plays from VH)

As I said in a different post. This album will be an investment for the next few years.(for VH/DLR/HAGAR) Its not meant to sell 2 million right away. Its going to gradually sell more and more copies as some new kids read up about VH in guitar magazines and hear the Roth tunes on the radio and of course some of the old timers who havent updated their cd collections in a long time.

The new songs are only there to attract the diehards who already own all the albums.

Matt White
08-30-2004, 01:42 PM
This new Greatest Hits/MONEY GRAB will take YEARS to ever achieve GOLD, let alone PLATINUM status. Fans of the CLASSIC VAN HALEN already own the cd's and most likely GHVI due to the 2 new tracks featuring DAVE. BOBW is seen by the MAJORITY of the VAN HALEN community as a LAME excuse for the mediocre Van Hagar to tour behind. The 3 new songs with Spammy SUCK....Pure and simple, they blow CHUNKS!!!!! The casual younf un-informed fan will probably check it out due to curiosity, but they are just as LIKELY to download CLASSIC VAN HALEN tracks.

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!:fucku: :fucku: :fucku2: :fucku: :fucku:

Rikk
08-30-2004, 01:43 PM
I second that...fuck you, Van Hagar. This rip-off is a disgusting ploy from a band that claims it doesn't live in its past. Refusing to release archive material or consider touring with their original singer is disgusting considering the fact that they keep living off of his legacy.

DLRdelight!
08-30-2004, 02:34 PM
They failed so horribly. Why did they even try?

fanofdave
08-30-2004, 02:44 PM
I'll bet eddie is wishing he put the 3 songs he
recorded with DLR a few years ago on this set
instead of Spammy Haggis's three steaming turds....

Those 3 DLR VH songs would have easily outsold
this abomination....

Rikk
08-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave

this abomination....

A new album by Rick Astley or Johnny Hates Jazz.

Carmine
08-30-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by fanofdave

this abomination....

any new, unreleased or live dave would have made this much more attractive. They could put out an EP with the 3 dave tunes and that would have outsold BOBW. would be funny too, 3 new dave/vh songs versus a 36 song comp.

which would sell more?

jay_are
08-30-2004, 03:12 PM
It's too bad that Eddie hung his hat on BOBW. But what do you expect from someone who gets all his inspiration from sitting on a tiolet. Lost the best front man ever, lost half his tongue, lost his wife 'cause he didn't have a full tongue to lick her with and because she preferred Dave over Spammy and now he's lost all common sense. Some one tell this guy to shut his brother up, get rid of Laura Petrie, learn how to play "Unchained" again and get Dave back in the band and "...hit the ground runnin'"

Matt White
08-30-2004, 03:18 PM
BOBW......RIGHT NOW.....is getting MOVED into CUTOUT bins all across the NATION.

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :fucku: :mad2: :mad2:

bueno bob
08-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by badhorsie
Why would you say "Slim" casual fans? You dont believe any new fans would be attracted to the greatest hits album after hearing number of the Roth tunes on the radio and the mystique of the classic era?? (since thats all the radio ever plays from VH)

As I said in a different post. This album will be an investment for the next few years.(for VH/DLR/HAGAR) Its not meant to sell 2 million right away. Its going to gradually sell more and more copies as some new kids read up about VH in guitar magazines and hear the Roth tunes on the radio and of course some of the old timers who havent updated their cd collections in a long time.

The new songs are only there to attract the diehards who already own all the albums.

Overall, I think there may be some new interested generated from kids hearing classic VH on the radio, but even that seems to be dying off some as a result of the "Its About Time" crap backlash. New interest, I think, will be limited.

I called and spoke with one of my friends about it out west here (he's a DJ) and he told me that, at this point, the major radio markets are getting sick and tired of all things Van Halen, period...he said most people were anticipating a DLR reunion after all this time and some kickass new material, and what we've got with Hagar is a real let down to all of them...essentially, the Roth era stuff is safe to play, but not even too much of that (what he knows and how he knows it is his business, I just take what he tells me at face value and consider him to be accurate - he hasn't let me down before on his knowledge of the industry).

Moreover, he said I could just consider it a matter of being that Van Halen is essentially a washed-up band and the general radio population is more interested in Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and all that other bullshit, they're not interested in Sammy Hagar's Van Halen...so if I thought that Van Halen was being virtually ignored in the radio markets so far (new rock channels, not classic rock), I "haven't seen nothing yet"...I don't know, his words, not mine.

Anyway, we discussed Roth and he said that, if Van Halen had done what had been anticipated and brought back Roth will egos checked at the door and a good album worth of marketable material, none of this would be happening right now, usual stuff that we all know anyway.

Knowing all this, straight from one of the soldiers on the frontline, I can't really estimate that BOBW is going to pick up new fans, sad to say...that is, of course, if it's the same all over the U.S. as far as radio is concerned, and while he didn't say that exactly, he didn't say anything to lead me to believe that that was not the case, so...make your own judgement call...time will tell, I guess.

badhorsie
08-30-2004, 04:18 PM
Van Halen(roth) still gets a ton of airplay in my area and they still play Its about Time and Up For Breakfast occasionally as well.(not too often)

All i know is the radio isnt what its used to be since even my "classic" rock station has been taken over by constant 30min loops of Creed,Nickelback,Godsmack, and Kid Rock.

Radio (clear channel radio that is) just doesnt care for or promote "older more established" rock bands anymore regardless if they have new material or not. Maybe unless you're metallica (who radio basically ignored in my area until 2000) who get a nightly mandatory metallica segment (which im fucking sick of).

There are a bunch of kids that are intested in good ole VH though since im a guitar teacher on the side they ask me various questions about stuff they read or hear on the radio and i tell them whats up. A couple students of mine recently bought VH1 (the other bought BOBW) as a introduction to the band because they wanted to learn "eruption".:)

conmee
08-31-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by jay_are
It's too bad that Eddie hung his hat on BOBW. But what do you expect from someone who gets all his inspiration from sitting on a tiolet. Lost the best front man ever, lost half his tongue, lost his wife 'cause he didn't have a full tongue to lick her with and because she preferred Dave over Spammy and now he's lost all common sense. Some one tell this guy to shut his brother up, get rid of Laura Petrie, learn how to play "Unchained" again and get Dave back in the band and "...hit the ground runnin'"

You forgot his hip, too... lol

Icon.

Panamark
08-31-2004, 07:36 AM
and his alcoholism :p

salsanin
08-31-2004, 11:48 AM
These 2 cds contains David lee Roth and van hagar song alternated...
Therefore let the ones, who still cannot recognise who the Real Van Halen are , listen the last Eddy mistake.

Matt White
08-31-2004, 01:23 PM
EVH's LAST mistake was FINALY gettin' out of bed after 6 years!!!
:bottle: :guzzle: :guzzle: :gulp: :bottle: :asshole: