X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern Girl
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dave at MTV Awards

I guess Dave was at the MTV Video Awards aired last night. Did anyone watch? Was he on the show or just there? Here's what he said to one reporter:

Former Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth brushed off the belief that rock is underexposed at the awards.

"If rock is being overlooked, you're no good," he said. "If you didn't get chosen, your stuff stank."

He was also apparently partying 'til dawn:

Stuff Magazine's party at Thomas Kramer's Star Island home won points for its sheer star might: Who wasn't there? Let's start with who was: Busta Rhymes, Bruce Willis, Gwen Stefani, Queen Latifah, Al Sharpton, Mary J. Blige, Farrah Fawcett, David Lee Roth, Mandy Moore, and Hilary and Haylie Duff, who everyone confused with the Olsen twins.

I hope we can get some new pics of Dave from this.

Here are the links:

Same ole song and dance...
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

this is GOOD news, I guess...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
      Foot Soldier
      • Jun 2004

i watched that awful garbage that is MTV but didnt see Dave anywhere...maybe he was on one of the pre-show things they did since i didnt watch those. I do disagree with him though...there are a lot of good rock bands out there that are being ignored by radio and MTV

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

There are a few pics of him at Wire Image.

Type in "David Lee Roth" in the search and you'll find 'em.

See the latest celebrity photos and videos, entertainment news photo galleries of top actors, musicians and celebs.

Dave should lose the YFLM look and dress more rock and roll.

He doesn't have to dye his hair platinum blonde to dress 'rock and roll' ya know.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DLRdelight!
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

How cool

Comment

• m49085
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Aug 2004

Why does he always wear the same outfit?

Comment

• Northern Girl
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by m49085
              I bet he doesn't realize there's a few thousand people watching his every move.
              Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Frankly, to be totally honest....I prefer him with short hair, actually. Makes him look distinguished.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• badhorsie

LOL i just noticed that.

He is looking MUCH MUCH better these days without the platinum hair thing going on and the gold/blue/green jumpsuits.

<---still waiting to hear some news about an album of new material sometime soon.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

He's building, or better stated branding, an updated stage image.

I think it fits perfectly at this point in his career/life and when he hits the road you can expect multiple costume changes at the shows.

The R&R will still shine through.

The hairstyle is SO much better IMO, too. Too many rock front men refuse to give up the ghost in that regard long after they simply can't pull it off anymore... I think he never should have reverted back for a time following YFLM myself and he apparently must have came to that realization himself.

Last edited by RogueHorseman; 08-30-2004, 04:18 PM.
                    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
                      He's building, or better stated branding, an updated stage image.

I think it fits perfectly at this point in his career/life and when he hits the road you can expect multiple costume changes at the shows.

The R&R will still shine through.

The hairstyle is SO much better IMO, too. Too many rock front men refuse to give up the ghost in that regard long after they simply can't pull it off anymore... I think he never should have reverted back for a time following YFLM myself and he apparently must have came to that realization himself.

His hair looks better than it did from 1999-2003, that's for sure.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!!
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          There are a few pics of him at Wire Image.

Type in "David Lee Roth" in the search and you'll find 'em.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...ogsrch=1&sfld=
                          Here's the link.....there's new photos from last night....
                          See the latest celebrity photos and videos, entertainment news photo galleries of top actors, musicians and celebs.
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• AJW
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Jun 2004

I was going to say the same thing.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                              HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!! HAIR THREAD ALERT !!! BEEP BEEP !!!
                              LOL
                              <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...