X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EbDawson
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

Van Hagar in Dallas

I found this in the September issue of Texas Monthly under the Dallas music section:

September 25: Van Halen

"Van Halen fronted by Sammy Hagar is like a beautiful woman with bad teeth. David Lee Roth said that and he's right! Roth was a natural showman whose spandex-clad, performance art stage antics perfectly complemented Eddie Van Halen in his axe wielding glory. In 1985 Hagar secured front-man duties and commercial success despite critical disappointment. After a long hiatus, the brothers Van Halen have once again teamed up with Hagar, the antithesis of a rock star. "I like Van Halen, not Van Hagar!" said the fictional Joe Dirt in the movie of the same name. But go anyway, just to see the Eruption solo." 7:30 American Airlines Center

Not exactly a glowing endorsement of the Van Hagar experiment/disaster. The AA Center is right up the road from Reunion Arena where The Mighty Van Halen played 3 sold out shows on the 1984 tour.
    Last edited by EbDawson; 08-30-2004, 11:02 AM.
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

They CAN'T give any kind of powerful endorsement, Eb......EVERYBODY knows that Van Hagar SUCKS!!!!!!!

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EbDawson
      I found this in the September issue of Texas Monthly under the Dallas music section:

"Van Halen fronted by Sammy Hagar is like a beautiful woman with bad teeth. David Lee Roth said that and he's right! Roth was a natural showman whose spandex-clad, performance art stage antics perfectly complemented Eddie Van Halen in his axe wielding glory. In 1985 Hagar secured front-man duties and commercial success despite critical disappointment. After a long hiatus, the brothers Van Halen have once again teamed up with Hagar, the antithesis of a rock star. "I like Van Halen, not Van Hagar!" said the fictional Joe Dirt in the movie of the same name. But go anyway, just to see the Eruption solo." 7:30 American Airlines Center

Not exactly a glowing endorsement of the Van Hagar experiment/disaster. The AA Center is right up the road from Reunion Arena where The Mighty Van Halen played 3 sold out shows on the 1984 tour.
      ouch ouch ouch ouch.......Somebody Get Sam A Doctor.....'cuz da truth be hurtin'.....
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• sambo
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

There's been too many reviews of the same nature for Spam Hagar to ignore.. the writing is on the wall....

ROTH IS VAN HALEN, SPAM IS JUST A PROCESSED MEAT SUBSTITUTE
        Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

But go anyway, just to see the Eruption solo.
          Or about 10 minutes of nonsensical noodling, take your pick.....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Re: Van Hagar in Dallas

A tear to my eye. Beautiful!

Comment

• manwiththedogs
              Head Fluffer
              • Aug 2004

Yet another reason to love "Joe Dirt"!

Comment

Working...