PDA

View Full Version : New Dave Bashing From VH-Camp !!!

DavidLeeNatra
09-01-2004, 04:00 AM
After several months that this crap-reunion is going on, german rock-magazines write about it...and they did another interview by phone with the bass player he said things like:

"almost every show was a sellout in minutes" (yaawwwwn)

"it's good to have sam back especially after we found out that it was impossible (!!!) to work with roth again"

"we're not 25 anymore and we don't party that hard anymore. roth hasn't realized that and lives the same live he lived since the old days. I've seen him on the sam and dave tour and I don't think he is in the mental and physical condition to sing for van halen"

they just can't let it go...no class...little bass player...

Panamark
09-01-2004, 04:23 AM
read: "we are a bunch of old pussies that can no longer rock."

Sam was the only pussified option. Its confirmed, they really
were not up to Dave's standards anymore.

DavidLeeNatra
09-01-2004, 04:29 AM
I was just listening to the japan boots and (just for the record) listened to the van hagar boots...just compare both versions of unchained...oh, you can't? right ! no comparism at all...young kicks ed's ass...mentally and physically...

lms2
09-01-2004, 07:35 AM
link please

hot for david
09-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
After several months that this crap-reunion is going on, german rock-magazines write about it...and they did another interview by phone with the bass player he said things like:

"almost every show was a sellout in minutes" (yaawwwwn)

"it's good to have sam back especially after we found out that it was impossible (!!!) to work with roth again"

"we're not 25 anymore and we don't party that hard anymore. roth hasn't realized that and lives the same live he lived since the old days. I've seen him on the sam and dave tour and I don't think he is in the mental and physical condition to sing for van halen"

they just can't let it go...no class...little bass player...

what the fuck he was drunk during the intwerview , poor man poor idiot little pussy

dave_is_vh
09-01-2004, 09:56 AM
What makes Mike Anthony think he is entitled to an opinion?

If it wasn't for Dave, Mike Anthony would be asking you "do you want fries with that" in Pasadena.

dave_is_vh
09-01-2004, 09:59 AM
"we're not 25 anymore and we don't party that hard anymore.

Well Ed and Al are alcoholics. I guess Mike thinks getting drunk on the bus and feeling sorry for yourself is cooler than getting high with a bunch of hot women and entertainment industry heavy hitters.

dave_is_vh
09-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Maybe what Mike means is the rate that Dave goes through hot women is so much higher than Anthony's pick up rate that being around Dave would be damaging to Mike's self esteem.

Figs
09-01-2004, 10:16 AM
God forbid that you should perform rowdy music in a rowdy way.

Having sam there playing his castrated love songs was the right thing to do I suppose.

I thought they were kicking ass these days...

Matt White
09-01-2004, 10:25 AM
"IMPOSSIBLE to work with DAVID LEE ROTH". Okay, lets read between the lines here. MIKEY was not in contact with the SISTERS for over 2 years. They rushed into the studio, cut 3 SHITTY tunes that took ALL of 5 minutes apiece, and rushed out on tour without properly rehearsing first. They putout another greatest hits, basically ripping off their fans, in an excuse to get out on the road.
NOPE. I can SEE why it's impossible to get DAVE to work under those conditions. DAVE would:
A.) WANT to cut an entire NEW CD. Not into ripping off the FANS!
B.) WANT to rehearse for a tour, not go out and tarnish their ALREADY DAMAGED legacy.
C.)WANT to write STELLAR material that would hold up to what they have done in the past.

NOW I SEE WHAT Mikey IS TALKING ABOUT!!!:D :lol: :bananna: :killer: :killer: :rockit2: :donkey:

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Calderone
09-01-2004, 10:30 AM
the truth
VAN HALEN CAN'T ROCK ANYMORE ...
ROTH CAN ..HE STILL KICKS AT 49

Panamark
09-01-2004, 10:37 AM
I used to think Mike was cool.
He's now so far up Sammys ass I think he's lost
his identity in that ample jet hangar..

Bob_R
09-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by lms2
link please

Yeah what he said! :D

BRANDON
09-01-2004, 10:52 AM
message to m.anthony go fuck your self you loser,and by the way your
the shittest bass player who ever lived. fuckin jerk off.after all these years you still can't play bass.

Figs
09-01-2004, 10:57 AM
Who is the luckiest man in rock history?

Ringo? Charlie Watts? Bill Wyman? Mike Anthony?

lms
09-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Figs, definitely, luckiest man in rock history.

(just kidding)

final answer: Michael Anthony.

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Well, this along with comments both Ed and Al have made, pretty much comfirms that there are no plans to bring Dave back anytime soon(as everyone and their dog has said will happen). I just cant understand why they cant stop bashing him. You'd think they'd want to show him respect in order to sell more records. The sisters and the background singer STILL have no clue.

lms
09-01-2004, 11:03 AM
link please?

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by lms

(just kidding)

Oh shit, definitely MA. At least someone like Ringo had some personality........Michael Anthony is a useless drone, who bashes Dave so Sam and Al will give him a tongue bath.......and MAYBE pay him for the week.

Figs
09-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by lms

(just kidding)

Yes, my 15 second song parody clip on Howard Stern was very lucky! Guilty!

lms
09-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Figs
Yes, my 15 second song parody clip on Howard Stern was very lucky! Guilty!

Link to that too please. I bet all 15 seconds kicked butt.

Figs
09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by lms
Link to that too please. I bet all 15 seconds kicked butt.

Well it wasn't that great, it didn't make the final five or ten in the contest, but I was happy a small part of it got played.

Jimothy
09-01-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
I used to think Mike was cool.
He's now so far up Sammys ass I think he's lost
his identity in that ample jet hangar..

Same -- i'd yet to hear any bullshit along the lines of what the sisters had been saying from Mike.

But I guess it isn't that farfetched to see that Van Hagar are all bitter assholes.

Figs
09-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Don't you people understand????

We are better since DLR left!!!! Really!! When will all you fans and radio stations realize this??? DLR was the test version!!! We grew so much musically after he left!!!! He was a hack!!! Stop asking me about him!!!! What do you mean you didn't ask me about him???!?!? I didn't bring him up, you did!! It's 5150 time!! Hello baby!!! AHHHHH!!!

Love,
-Alex

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 11:40 AM
Don't you people understand????

We are better since DLR left!!!! Really!! When will all you fans and radio stations realize this??? DLR was the test version!!! We grew so much musically after he left!!!! He was a hack!!! Stop asking me about him!!!! What do you mean you didn't ask me about him???!?!? I didn't bring him up, you did!! It's 5150 time!! Hello baby!!! AHHHHH!!!

Love,
-Alex

Don't forget that Classic VH was "just a teenage phenomenon. They sold 28 million with Dave and 50 million with me."

Warham
09-01-2004, 11:43 AM
LMAO!

Yeah, Sam, and all those #1 hits you had...like Right Now, which didn't even chart in the Top 40....sure....

Catfish
09-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I wish every member of Van Halen would fucking drop dead. DEAD.

Warham
09-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Van Halen's dead to the general public already.

Catfish
09-01-2004, 11:56 AM
They should all fucking die and try to salvage what little is left of that band's good name.

lms
09-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Catfish
I wish every member of Van Halen would fucking drop dead. DEAD.

Couldn't you wish for something a little less drastic. Maybe they could all get amnesia and forget that they were once great musicians and just start up an internet corp or something?

Mezro
09-01-2004, 02:49 PM
"we're not 25 anymore and we don't party that hard anymore. roth hasn't realized that and lives the same live he lived since the old days.

Memo to Mike - YOU ARE A HIPPO HYPOCRITE WITH A PELT MADE OF FELT!

How do you make comments like that when you share the stage with Edward Van Halen?

Mezro...guess you forgot to install some common sense before flapping that gap...guess you forgot that Edward is still the same drunk, living the same life he lived since the old days...fucking troll asshole...

Terry
09-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Mike's always thrown out the same type of bullshit in the media about Roth that Ed and Al have. Was towing the party line in 1986 and 1996. He's just not in print as much, so he's not as widely quoted.

You'd think if anything that the last couple of years the Van Halens left him hanging would have given the guy some empathy regarding the way Roth has been treated by the sisters.

I'll give the little fucker his due. His background harmonies were an essential part od the classic Van Halen sound. The bass on the first three records was pretty much buried in the mix, but what I could hear on Fair Warning through 1984 was appropriate for the songs (although so many say Ed played bass on so many Halen tracks that it's hard to know what to believe in regards to Anthony's instrumental contributions).

His live bass solo has always been a waste of concert time. Roth claims he choreographed it for him. Even so, it sucks ass and should be dropped along with the drum solos (yes, plaural) AVH takes live if the classic lineup ever reunites.

Anthony is pretty much in the same boat as the sisters for me: the guy should just shut the fuck up regarding the classic era unless he's gonna be thankful for it and Roth's contribution towards it.

Catfish
09-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by lms
Couldn't you wish for something a little less drastic. Maybe they could all get amnesia and forget that they were once great musicians and just start up an internet corp or something?

I refuse to think Hagar is or was ever a 'great musician.'

He's a fat tub of goo!

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Mike's always thrown out the same type of bullshit in the media about Roth that Ed and Al have. Was towing the party line in 1986 and 1996. He's just not in print as much, so he's not as widely quoted.

You'd think if anything that the last couple of years the Van Halens left him hanging would have given the guy some empathy regarding the way Roth has been treated by the sisters.

I'll give the little fucker his due. His background harmonies were an essential part od the classic Van Halen sound. The bass on the first three records was pretty much buried in the mix, but what I could hear on Fair Warning through 1984 was appropriate for the songs (although so many say Ed played bass on so many Halen tracks that it's hard to know what to believe in regards to Anthony's instrumental contributions).

His live bass solo has always been a waste of concert time. Roth claims he choreographed it for him. Even so, it sucks ass and should be dropped along with the drum solos (yes, plaural) AVH takes live if the classic lineup ever reunites.

Anthony is pretty much in the same boat as the sisters for me: the guy should just shut the fuck up regarding the classic era unless he's gonna be thankful for it and Roth's contribution towards it.

"Thanks Terry...........and yes I did play on the albums from 81 to 84.........well Ed re-recorded it all, but I did play those parts! Love, Mikey"

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 05:30 PM
MA outside 5150 waiting for Ed's next drink order as the band records "It's Abortion Time"

DLR_EngineRoom
09-01-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by lms

I agree. While the members of Van Hagar are one of THE most annoying bands since '86, I won't go as far as wishing them death or sickness. As much as they really annoy the hell out of us Roth-Only fans, bottom line is that they're human.

Shitty humans, but nonetheless, humans...

dave_is_vh
09-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Ringo is talented. He WROTE some of the Beatles hits BY HIMSELF.

spmusicplyr
09-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Dave should stop worrying about van halen and just put out more albums.... we havent had an original album since 1998...The only new shit was thug pop..and that was cool.

I mean... i dont know if vai and sheehan woul get back... i doubt it..

get someone...matt and gregg bissonette....brett tuggle...they are all good writers...get the guitarist from ALAE for christs sake...get some shit going. fuck the downtime..crank!!

freak
09-01-2004, 06:52 PM

Ringo and Charlie are actually pretty good as is Bill Wyman.

The only hack of the bunch would be the lollypop kid.

MichaelAnthony
09-01-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm astonished at the tone in some of your e-mails. You guys are bitter because you have no control over the situation in Van Halen. I don't think Dave would even agree with wishing death on myself, Alex, Sam, or Eddie. Let's just say for practical purposes Van Halen does get back together with DLR for a reunion concert. What will all of you who are wishing death on the remaining members of Van Halen, say then?

MA

lms2
09-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Hello Michael, and welcome aboard. I hope people give you a chance here regardless of what name you have chosen to make for yourself. you should have just used luckiest_man_in_RR_history, but I guess that would have been kind of long. :)

BARE BONE
09-01-2004, 07:02 PM
The bass player from Pantera had a free ride.

Lou
09-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Has Michael Anthony ever written any songs? Ever? I'm just wondering because I'm willing to bet he hasn't written ONE SONG.

guwapo_rocker
09-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by MichaelAnthony
I'm astonished at the tone in some of your e-mails. You guys are bitter because you have no control over the situation in Van Halen. I don't think Dave would even agree with wishing death on myself, Alex, Sam, or Eddie. Let's just say for practical purposes Van Halen does get back together with DLR for a reunion concert. What will all of you who are wishing death on the remaining members of Van Halen, say then?

MA

Fuck off!

lms2
09-01-2004, 07:13 PM
guwapo is really a nice guy, its just that name incites rage in a lot of folks around the army...

MichaelAnthony
09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
I co-wrote the following songs in Van Halen.

Aint Talkin About Love, Somebody Get Me A Doctor, And the Cradle Will Rock, Could This Be Magic, Everybody Wants Some, In A Simple Rhyme, Loss Of Control, Romeo Delight, TAKE YOUR WHISKEY HOME, and Why Can't This Be Love.

For "Van Halen" and "DLR" fans, you guys need more schooling.

MA

Snoo
09-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr
Dave should stop worrying about van halen and just put out more albums.... we havent had an original album since 1998...The only new shit was thug pop..and that was cool.

get someone...matt and gregg bissonette....brett tuggle...they are all good writers...get the guitarist from ALAE for christs sake...get some shit going. fuck the downtime..crank!!

The guitarist from ALAE can't play guitar anymore.

jhale667
09-01-2004, 07:25 PM

MA

Most of us don't agree with the Death-wish, Mike , or even aspire to any 'control' over the VH situation. That was a bit harsh. I for one would just LOVE to see the classic VH line-up reunite. I know for a fact from working for a music distributor ('least until a couple of years ago) that your Roth-era catalog STILL outsells the Sammy era. And if you DO ever -for 'practical purposes' or otherwise get back with Roth, I say BRING IT ON!!! Who WOULDN'T want to see that (Besides, Eddie plays better when he's pissed at Dave-LOL)? Then Sammy and the Waboritas can go be the house band on 'Emeril Live'.....

PS: Tell Dugie hi!

guwapo_rocker
09-01-2004, 08:16 PM
I co-wrote the following songs in Van Halen.

Aint Talkin About Love, Somebody Get Me A Doctor, And the Cradle Will Rock, Could This Be Magic, Everybody Wants Some, In A Simple Rhyme, Loss Of Control, Romeo Delight, TAKE YOUR WHISKEY HOME, and Why Can't This Be Love.

For "Van Halen" and "DLR" fans, you guys need more schooling.

MA

Fuck off 2 times SMURF!

sambo
09-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by spmusicplyr

Jason Becker (ALAE) suffers from ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), or Lou Gehrig's disease, a degenerative muscle condition. 12 years ago he was given 3-5 years to live, and he is still here today. He now communicates through a series of rapid eye movements via a machine developed by his father. At his peak, he also played with Marty Freidman and had some killer chops. He just started touring with DLR when he was diagnosed.

The music world is a sadder place without his ongoing contributions. A great guitarist.

jhale667
09-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, that sucks about Becker...but I bet that guy was referring to Joe Holmes, who did that tour after Jason's diagnosis....and also did a stint with Ozzy....

sambo
09-01-2004, 09:12 PM
John Holmes..never saw him, is he any good? I guess if he did a stint with Dave and also Ozzy he can't be too bad..

DavidLeeNatra
09-01-2004, 09:54 PM
I can't give you the link because there is no link to it...this was written on real paper in a real magazine...just because there is no link does not mean it has not been written...there is still a real world out there with newspapers and magazines...and it was in a german metal magazine called "metal hammer"...I read and translated the key-parts of the interview...I never started any rumors or any shit so you can take my word that it was written the way I posted it...

what really pissed me off about it was the quote that dave is not in the mental and physical shape to sing for van halen...show me a man who is pushing 50 and in a better shape than dave after almost 30 years in the world of rock music!!!

Figs
09-01-2004, 10:05 PM
what really pissed me off about it was the quote that dave is not in the mental and physical shape to sing for van halen...show me a man who is pushing 50 and in a better shape than dave after almost 30 years in the world of rock music!!!

That's just the VH party line. A lame and totally untrue excuse.

freak
09-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Most of us don't agree with the Death-wish, Mike , or even aspire to any 'control' over the VH situation.

Some of us would be content not having our chains repeatedly yanked by promises of a classic VH reunion.

Chaz Rock City
09-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Ringo is the coolest Beatle. Simply because he is married to a Bond Girl: Agent XXX

MAX
09-02-2004, 04:15 AM
Hey Mike,

I just pray that you and fat spam have yet to fuck cos that would be some oooogly lookin' kid!!! lol!!!

Have fun but ALWAYS remember that Sammy Hagar was a never-was rockstar and will always be a has-been replacement!!!!!

Put as much syrup on him as you want. You guys hired Chuck Connors (Sorry to the Connor's family cos comparing ANYONE with Hagar is an insult) to replace John Wayne!!!!!

The funny thing is that YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Dave, the army and it's allies!!!!

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Van Halen's full of shit.

What's new?

guwapo_rocker
09-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Dave would have to smoke and drink considerably more to be

in the right physical shape to play in Van Hagar right now.

As for the right mental shape?? Van Hagar IS mental!!

Matt White
09-02-2004, 03:28 PM
MENTAL MIDGETS!!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!:monekyr: :mad2: :fucku:

lms2
09-02-2004, 03:29 PM
lmao

ELVIS
09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Its confirmed, they really
were not up to Dave's standards anymore.

The truth hurts!

Amen brother...

:elvis:

manwiththedogs
09-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Mikey talking shit about ANYONES physical appearance is ridiculous.

Terry
09-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Let's just say for practical purposes Van Halen does get back together with DLR for a reunion concert. What will all of you who are wishing death on the remaining members of Van Halen, say then?

MA

I'll say fuck all three of you for making us wait so long, Biff Malibu.

Antman
09-02-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but didn't MA say in an interview that he was watching Dave's band on the Sans Halen tour and was blown away? Didn't he also say that he was up for jammin with Dave, but it was dave who refused? Shall I continue? Dave's not a yes man and doesn't have his head up his ass or his tongue up Eddie's. As for Dave's "lifestyle" how many times has been to Betty Ford? Sam is the one still smokin weed and drinkng tequila on stage. Same old shit from the VH camp. Now Mike's completely brainwashed. Either that or he's been completely castrated.

guwapo_rocker
09-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Antman
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but didn't MA say in an interview that he was watching Dave's band on the Sans Halen tour and was blown away? Didn't he also say that he was up for jammin with Dave, but it was dave who refused? Shall I continue? Dave's not a yes man and doesn't have his head up his ass or his tongue up Eddie's. As for Dave's "lifestyle" how many times has been to Betty Ford? Sam is the one still smokin weed and drinkng tequila on stage. Same old shit from the VH camp. Now Mike's completely brainwashed. Either that or he's been completely castrated.

Where did you see that? Can you try to find it?

I also heard that Alice Vangina told Mike not to play with

Dave.

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 08:19 PM
I don't remember where I saw that, might have been over at the links, but I remember reading along the same lines as well...Mike was blown away by David's band and David's performance, wanted to jam, but David wasn't up to it...and that the brothers were pissed at Mike not only for going out with Hagar on that tour, but moreover because Al told Mike not to play with David and Mike offered anyway.

Don't have any sources to verify, but I can at least second the notion and say I saw it too.

guwapo_rocker
09-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I don't remember where I saw that, might have been over at the links, but I remember reading along the same lines as well...Mike was blown away by David's band and David's performance, wanted to jam, but David wasn't up to it...and that the brothers were pissed at Mike not only for going out with Hagar on that tour, but moreover because Al told Mike not to play with David and Mike offered anyway.

Don't have any sources to verify, but I can at least second the notion and say I saw it too.

Thanks!! So Mikey Mike is a lying fat bag of maggots on top of

being a shitty bass player.

I knew it.:eek:

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Are you actually surprised, guwapo?

"Friend of the Fans" MY ASS!!!!!

:D

guwapo_rocker
09-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Are you actually surprised, guwapo?

"Friend of the Fans" MY ASS!!!!!

Nope, more like wife of Sam's.:D

I gave ya a vote.

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Sweets!

academic punk
01-05-2005, 09:22 PM

This is a post worhty of its own poll and thread. And I would definitely wind up going with MIKEY.

(Charlie and Bill are excellent, subtle musicians, but also leant a great deal to the Stones image. Ringo was also UNBELIEVABLY lucky, but again, he also added to the Beatles image ENORMOUSLY.

The one weak link in CVH was Mike's bass playing. His back-up vocals are an essential ingredient, but he was/is a hardly among the greats, and didn't really contribute much to the bands image. (at least not in a manner that was unique or constructive)

Terry
01-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Well, this along with comments both Ed and Al have made, pretty much comfirms that there are no plans to bring Dave back anytime soon(as everyone and their dog has said will happen). I just cant understand why they cant stop bashing him. You'd think they'd want to show him respect in order to sell more records. The sisters and the background singer STILL have no clue.

Ed, Al, Mike and Sam are just lobbing out the usual nonsense re:Roth. Strictly putdown-by-numbers.

What the hell else CAN they say about Dave at this point? Certainly nothing resembling the truth:
a) Classic Van Halen outsold all other versions by 2:1.
b) Interest in Roth rejoining Van Halen remains high
c) Roth is physically capable of participating in a reunion
d) The only obstacles to a classic reformation are Ed
and Al

If any of the above were mentioned, it would be tantamount to an admission that some of the blame belongs squarely in the Van Halen camp. Ed and Al blamed Dave for the 1985 split, Sammy for the June 1996 split and Dave for the October 1996 split.

Stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility isn't high on EVH and AVH's list of priorities. Not as high as, say, assigning blame for their troubles on people other than themselves.