PDA

View Full Version : Micahel Anthony IS....................

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 11:10 AM
.................the background singer! Yeah thats right, this fat fuck doesnt even deserve the title of "the bass player". He is a fucking puppet who only knows how to spew the company line so his bosses(the sisters), wont throw him out on his roly poly ass. Also unacceptable is the way this shit stain acts like he has some pull in interviews. Need an example?! From a few years back...."I just wont tour with Dave" As if that was HIS fucking decision. Jesus Christ I bet he needs help wiping his crusty, cum encrusted ass. And number one? He has barely played the bass on record since 1981! Thats some bassist huh?! What a fucking legend. The background singer!

Figs
09-01-2004, 11:16 AM
True, his background vocals are the only thing distinctive about him. He's adequate on bass, but not much more. And I can't stand his "solo."

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
Edited the title........mistyped "Michael".........see that's how unimportant that fucker is!

EmpyreLounge44
09-01-2004, 11:32 AM
yeah he isnt bad, isnt great. all the stuff about him not playing on the record is speculation as far as I know...i have never really read anything that he didnt other than Dave making a comment and Sammy making a comment about it. Eddie definitly writes the bass parts but I would think MA plays it in the studio.isnt that what you want from a bass player...someone you dont really notice

Warham
09-01-2004, 11:33 AM

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Warham

As I said before how nice of Dave to ask Mr. Nobody for his opinion. I'm sure he even sent him on a drink run a few minutes later.

Warham
09-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh he did Bill. He was just patronizing the 'bass player'.

I think that was the first time that Dave talked to him. On the 1983 tour.

Never did find out what his name was.

guwapo_rocker
09-01-2004, 11:45 AM
Michael (Momma Smurf) Anthony,

is Sammy Hagar's butt plug!!

Matt White
09-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
isnt that what you want from a bass player...someone you dont really notice

I think that's what EVH & SHEMP want in a bass player, Empyrelounge44. Imagine Billy Sheehan in VAN HALEN. The standard response by the SISTERS is they don't want the bass "cluttering" up the sound, that the bass should be "subliminal". Tell that to JOHN PAUL JONES, CHRIS SQUIER, JOHN ENTWISTLE, STANLEY CLARKE, JACO PASTORIOUS, or JACK BRUCE. Who KNOWS if MIKEY can actualy PLAY the BASS, he has NEVER BEEN ALLOWED TO !!!!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

DrGrafenberg
09-01-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
isnt that what you want from a bass player...someone you dont really notice

er, no!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/DrGrafenberg/bigbadbill.bmp http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/DrGrafenberg/billy.bmp

EmpyreLounge44
09-01-2004, 11:57 AM
i guess its just a preference thing...i dont think an entwistle style would have fit on early Van Halen...i think that style and Eddie would be so cluttered and busy sounding.

Figs
09-01-2004, 11:57 AM
I remember an old interview with Eddie, and he was defending Mike's ability saying that he plays bass, not the guitar on bass. This way the song is wide open for him and he wouldn't have to compete with the bass player.

It makes some sense. He's not great, but he does the job and his bass playing does not prevent me from loving all the songs from the six-pack.

Just please no more god damn solos!!!

Catfish
09-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Michael Anthony is a fat, lucky monkey. The most forgotten man in rock.

DrGrafenberg
09-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Dave decides to go trekking in the jungle. He goes with a guide and they set off into the thick forest of trees. As they get deeper into the jungle Dave can hear the faint sound of distant drums. All day they trek deeper & deeper into the jungle all the time they can hear the drums pounding & pounding relentlessly. Night begins to fall so Dave and his guide set up camp. Through out the night, the drums pound & pound, louder & louder. As dawn sets over the camp the next morning Dave wakes from a not very good nights sleep due to the incessant drumming...”Don’t those drums ever fuckin’ stop?” yells Dave at his guide. “Oh you don’t want the drums to stop,” says the guide, “if the drums stop it is very, very bad thing!” he informs Dave.
“Why? What happens?” enquires Dave……..
"Bass solo starts!" Says the guide

Figs
09-01-2004, 12:04 PM
there you go! another good joke DrGrafenberg! And an avatar to rival Cato's!

RogueHorseman
09-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by DrGrafenberg
Dave decides to go trekking in the jungle. He goes with a guide and they set off into the thick forest of trees. As they get deeper into the jungle Dave can hear the faint sound of distant drums. All day they trek deeper & deeper into the jungle all the time they can hear the drums pounding & pounding relentlessly. Night begins to fall so Dave and his guide set up camp. Through out the night, the drums pound & pound, louder & louder. As dawn sets over the camp the next morning Dave wakes from a not very good nights sleep due to the incessant drumming...”Don’t those drums ever fuckin’ stop?” yells Dave at his guide. “Oh you don’t want the drums to stop,” says the guide, “if the drums stop it is very, very bad thing!” he informs Dave.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah !!

Hilarious...

A 5 star vote, headed your way.

fe_lung
09-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
.................the background singer! Yeah thats right, this fat fuck doesnt even deserve the title of "the bass player". He is a fucking puppet who only knows how to spew the company line so his bosses(the sisters), wont throw him out on his roly poly ass. Also unacceptable is the way this shit stain acts like he has some pull in interviews. Need an example?! From a few years back...."I just wont tour with Dave" As if that was HIS fucking decision. Jesus Christ I bet he needs help wiping his crusty, cum encrusted ass. And number one? He has barely played the bass on record since 1981! Thats some bassist huh?! What a fucking legend. The background singer!

Come on, can you really blame the guy? When you can be replaced in a heartbeat without anyone noticing you tend to toe whatever line your bosses paint! He's no different than 95% of the bassists in the ol' rock show.

fe_lung
09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DrGrafenberg

That's pretty fuckin' sweeet. Great joke + even cooler avatar = my vote.

Big Troubles
09-01-2004, 01:52 PM
LOL Im actually thinking he's the only normal left in that group. Al is a cunt. Ed is a drunk and Sham is a fat, obnoxious asshole with an afro. Id say Mike is alright standing next to them. :D

Jano
09-01-2004, 01:53 PM
He's licking Spammy'little butthole a little be to much for me!

Don Corleone
09-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Michael Anthony is a man of severely limited talent, with no real oppinions of his own and a set of man boobs.

Big Troubles
09-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Michael Anthony is a man of severely limited talent, with no real oppinions of his own and a set of man boobs.

True enough. The MA of today is crap. But I did enjoy the MA off of 3 of their classic albums. VH1, 2 and WACF.

GAR
09-01-2004, 02:02 PM
Mike is a great lead vocalist unto himself, shredder of a bass player, excellent harmonist - which ain't easy, especially in Heavy Metal - and grows Van Fungus in his filthy little merkin-beard.

fe_lung
09-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
LOL Im actually thinking he's the only normal left in that group. Al is a cunt. Ed is a drunk and Sham is a fat, obnoxious asshole with an afro. Id say Mike is alright standing next to them. :D

I've always felt that Bass is one of the easiest instruments to be competent at. You can make it in a band just being "ok", you can follow the chords and nobody will notice anything.
(examples)
Mike Anthony
Adam Clayton
Nikki Sixx
Tom Hamilton
Scott Shriner
and on and on....

On the other hand, a really fantastic bass player always stands out.
For example:
Flea
Billy Sheenan
Sting
Paul McCartney
Tony Levin
Colin Greenwood
Etc.....

Don Corleone
09-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Lets not forget Steve Harris.

Big Troubles
09-01-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
I've always felt that Bass is one of the easiest instruments to be competent at. You can make it in a band just being "ok", you can follow the chords and nobody will notice anything.
(examples)
Mike Anthony
Adam Clayton
Nikki Sixx
Tom Hamilton
Scott Shriner
and on and on....

For example:
Flea
Billy Sheenan
Sting
Paul McCartney
Tony Levin
Colin Greenwood
Etc.....

good post! a vote for you.

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
True enough. The MA of today is crap. But I did enjoy the MA off of 3 of their classic albums. VH1, 2 and WACF.

BT stop the bullshit. You and me both know his best work was on Balance. Step out of the Van Hagar closet, crank "Feels So Good", and drive that station wagon proudly!

RogueHorseman
09-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Since we're talking about truly great, outstanding and innovative bass players now (and not Mikey) I'd be remiss not to mention VICTOR WOOTEN.

Jano
09-01-2004, 02:57 PM
You right man Steve is a killer!

Bill Lumbergh
09-01-2004, 03:00 PM
The only thing about Steve Harris I dont dig is that he seems to overplay at times. He makes sure he's out front most of the time, that you know he's there. On most songs it's killer(cuz he's VERY talented), but it doesnt suit some of the tunes. Great, great player though(his songwriting has gone downhill a bit in the last 15 years IMO.)

GAR
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
You can make it in a band just being "ok", you can follow the chords and nobody will notice anything.

Play: "Reflections" by Diana Ross & The Supremes wrong, and I'll notice every single mistake you made.

Any bass player that can make it halfway thru "Romeo Delight" has my approval, tell you THAT much right now..

Mike's irreplaceable strings-wise, and vocally too. Cunt.

guwapo_rocker
09-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh good, the Army is still here. I was worried for a minute.:D

Warham
09-01-2004, 05:00 PM
I always thought the bass player was good for Van Halen. Entwistle and McCartney he's not, but he doesn't have to be with Ed.

Terry
09-01-2004, 05:33 PM

No shit! Couldn't believe what he was saying in 1996 about not wanting to work with Dave again, that he wouldn't do it, etc.

If it came down to it, I could really give a shit if Alex and Mike were a part of a reunion. Would be just as interested to see what Roth and Ed could create with any drummer and bass player as I would to see the classic four reunite.

Agree that a Sheehan style of bass playing wouldn't have served classic Halen well........or at least I can't imagine it. Anthony is by no means a stellar bass player, at least not from what I've ever heard but he's adequate. When I listen to classic Halen, am barely aware of the bass anyway; more like an undercurrent, which is how I dig bass playing anyway. That's not a putdown on Sheehan, Entwistle, Geddy or any of the more technical/out front bass players, either. Just a preference.

MichaelAnthony
09-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Hurry Hurry, get your facts straight before you continue to look like the fool you are. I've played bass on 99% of all Van Halen recordings. I've written over a dozen Van Halen songs. Some of you are so bitter. Negativity is unhealthy. Stay positive and good things will come.

MA

freak
09-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by MichaelAnthony
Stay positive and good things will come.

Let's just say, for the sake of argument, knowing this is the Internet and filled with middle aged men pretending to be teen girls and vice versa, that you indeed are Michael Anthony.

"Mike"

Van Halen fans are bitter because we've been hearing this "good things are going to happen" stuff for years.

Only to learn that "Good things" mean Eddie and Alex spewing vitreol and the return of Sammy Hagar.

I think you guys have really underestimated the damage you did to your hard-core fanbase in 96.

lms2
09-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Mikey, hey. Caught you all in Denver. I know you know and Ed knows, that you belong with Dave. I caught that knowing look in your eye, and I could tell Ed wants it as bad as the rest of us. Just curious though, why is Alex still mad. Shit, that was a LONG time ago. That was the bummer of the whole concert. Tell Alex when Dave gets back with you all, he owes me a ticket. That dirty look he gave me just about ruined the whole night.

P.S. Did you tell Sammy if he EVER tries that shit again, he's gonna get hurt?

HURRY UP AND CALL DAVE. WE AINT GOT ALL NIGHT.

Matt White
09-01-2004, 11:05 PM
Mikey is....irrelevant.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 12:02 AM
The only thing about Steve Harris I dont dig is that he seems to overplay at times. He makes sure he's out front most of the time, that you know he's there. On most songs it's killer(cuz he's VERY talented), but it doesnt suit some of the tunes. Great, great player though(his songwriting has gone downhill a bit in the last 15 years IMO.)

Ditto.

Hey, if we get lucky, maybe I'll catch Mike crossing the street tomorrow when I get my U-Haul and start moving!

And of COURSE I'd do it! Need you even ask??? :D

lms2
09-02-2004, 12:05 AM
play nice bob.

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 12:07 AM
:D

I'm antsy tonight, lol

lms2
09-02-2004, 12:10 AM
lol, okay, but if you are still ansy tomorrow when you see him, try to get just the legs, k ;)

bueno bob
09-02-2004, 12:13 AM
MMMMM....kneecaps.....

:D

lms2
09-02-2004, 12:26 AM
ouch. For mikeys sake, I hope you get a good nights sleep. :eek:

Reverberator
09-02-2004, 08:11 AM
(examples)
Mike Anthony
Adam Clayton
Nikki Sixx
Tom Hamilton
Scott Shriner
and on and on....

For example:
Flea
Billy Sheenan
Sting
Paul McCartney
Tony Levin
Colin Greenwood
Etc.....

Geddy Lee ?

Panamark
09-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Mikey started this bullshit.

Its his fault.

ZahZoo
09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
I disrespectfully disagree with y'all... Michael's bass playing lays a solid foundation for the power trio especially on the classic 1st 6 albums. You can talk all you want about flashier geeks all day long and bass players that are all over the fretboard... but that never was nor ever will be the classic Van Halen sound. It is what it is... IMO it's exactly what it should be.

I put Michael in a class of simular 4-stringers... Noel Redding and Billy Cox for example that filled the role for Hendrix. They maintained the foundation for a great guitarist to work off of. Others would be Geezer Butler of Sabbath, Tommy Shannon w/ SRV, James Lomenzo of DLR Band and currently Black Label Society w/ Zack... all in a simular vein.

Panamark
09-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Yeah, but its still his fault.

lms
09-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Okay, its Mikey's fault, but the kneecaps?

dave_is_vh
09-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
I disrespectfully disagree with y'all... Michael's bass playing lays a solid foundation for the power trio especially on the classic 1st 6 albums. You can talk all you want about flashier geeks all day long and bass players that are all over the fretboard... but that never was nor ever will be the classic Van Halen sound. It is what it is... IMO it's exactly what it should be.

I put Michael in a class of simular 4-stringers... Noel Redding and Billy Cox for example that filled the role for Hendrix. They maintained the foundation for a great guitarist to work off of. Others would be Geezer Butler of Sabbath, Tommy Shannon w/ SRV, James Lomenzo of DLR Band and currently Black Label Society w/ Zack... all in a simular vein.

How do you know? You can never even hear him on those CDs.

ZahZoo
09-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by dave_is_vh
How do you know? You can never even hear him on those CDs.

Invest in a decent sound system with a subwoofer, numbnuts... You'll hear him.

Matt White
09-03-2004, 12:12 AM
MIKEY is better SEEN, not HEARD!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

horty07
09-03-2004, 12:21 AM
Mike is just a warm body, he would be gung ho for Dave if the sisters told him to be. Then again he and Spammy share one thing in common, and that is their love of all you can eat buffets.

fe_lung
09-03-2004, 03:08 AM

D'oh! and double D'oh! Absolutely, Harris is a fantastic player!

Panamark
09-03-2004, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by horty07
Mike is just a warm body, he would be gung ho for Dave if the sisters told him to be.

I dont subscribe to this theory. Mikey quite deliberately courted
Sammy back into the fold, to the detriment of Dave. Its
totally obvious who Mikey wanted back.

Another reason why I would love to see a real reunion, so
that little fucker would have to actually play onstage
without his chublover.

Matt White
09-05-2004, 01:54 AM
RIGHT NOW....MIKEY is trying to wrestle the last WHITE CASTLE CHEESEBURGER away from Spammy.....and losing!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Dan
09-05-2004, 02:16 AM
I had respect for Mike back in the days but He fucked It up for himself.Now he's busy with his boyfriend Spammy who is eating more than his sauce,:spank:

LoungeMachine
09-05-2004, 02:34 AM

My annoyance with SH, and it's petty I know, but hey, I'm a petty guy, is he is always LIP SYNCHING the words while he plays.

Bugs the shit out of me. always has.

This whole argument is like fighting over beer brands. Some just work better than others in different scenarios.

MA plays exactly what Classic VH needed. Whether is was capable of more is moot. It fit, it worked, they rocked, end of story.

However, if I was to spot him in a crosswalk there would be NO SKID MARKS.

Fucking 2 faced palm tree.

ClubDave
09-05-2004, 11:56 AM
mike is a great musician......not so much super talented at bass, but he has great rythem and an excellent sense of melody......hes an incredible vocalist.......and he has always been layed back, he doesnt want to get really deep into the fights that constantly go on in camp vh

bru87tr
09-05-2004, 12:10 PM
a back stabbing prick!

as well as is ed

as well is Alex

as well is sammy.....

ah, they are all fuckers!

Antman
09-06-2004, 06:51 AM
Fatboy.

Terry
09-07-2004, 04:08 PM
One thing he did that tended to bug me more than anything else was during the classic live shows, when he'd throw in one of those high pitched yells in the songs..........like between Dave's verses on Light Up The Sky...................a good example is at the Us Festival during Little Guitars, between the last verse and the end of the song, when Dave is going "Oooh-ooh-o-ooh-oh.........ooooh-ooooh" while the main riff is playing, and Mike all of a sudden goes "Ah-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!", like someone just kicked him in the nuts or something.

Does that irk the shit outta anyone else, too?

dave_is_vh
09-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Did Anthony really not play on Diver Down and 1984???

Also, when listing the bass guitar greats don't forget Geddy Lee and Peter Hook!!!

Bill Lumbergh
09-08-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Terry
One thing he did that tended to bug me more than anything else was during the classic live shows, when he'd throw in one of those high pitched yells in the songs..........like between Dave's verses on Light Up The Sky...................a good example is at the Us Festival during Little Guitars, between the last verse and the end of the song, when Dave is going "Oooh-ooh-o-ooh-oh.........ooooh-ooooh" while the main riff is playing, and Mike all of a sudden goes "Ah-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!", like someone just kicked him in the nuts or something.

Does that irk the shit outta anyone else, too?

Yeah, I've noticed that bro. Makes ya want to go through the screen and bash his face in. Not as annoying as his horrific and boring bass solos though. Just trying to get noticed I guess.........wasnt gonna happen though with the greatest frontman ever(along with Ed in his prime) onstage with his fat ass.

Terry
09-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that bro. Makes ya want to go through the screen and bash his face in. Not as annoying as his horrific and boring bass solos though. Just trying to get noticed I guess.........wasnt gonna happen though with the greatest frontman ever(along with Ed in his prime) onstage with his fat ass.

His bass solos are beyond lame. ALWAYS were. Whatever theatrical element his bass solo had going for it was worn out after the first couple of tours he did it.

Just a waste of concert time.

turboblues
09-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Michael Anthony is.. a bad Jack Daniel's advertisement!

Lou
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Michael is...the luckiest musician in rock history.

tjvhou812
09-08-2004, 10:24 PM
mike anthony is a bass player period