Roth Army Shakeup / Ownership Transition

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Roth Army Shakeup / Ownership Transition

Greetings,

There will a shakeup here at ROTHARMY of monumental proportions. Va Beach VH Fan has decided not take over a new owner. It was his decision. This comes as a shock to me as well.
    Taking the helm now will be Seshmeister, member #11 and a long time Roth/Halen fan. You are in good hands.
    Effective immediately he is the new owner, and we are currently transferring domains and content over to his ownership.
    The shakeup I mentioned will be done to hand over the website to Sesh. I think it's in the best interest of the website for long term growth. I simply cannot dedicate the time that this website takes.
    I am going to officially wipe the slate clean so that he can hire his own team. This is not a slap to the face to the current moderator team that helped build this website into what it is and was.
    I totally respect the sacrifices of everyone involved. This is meant to give Sesh a clean slate and not to hurt anyone’s feelings.

I owned and founded this website for 14 years. It is time for someone else to take this in a new direction.

Respectfully,
    Sarge

Modified message below:

After 14 years of being the site founder, owner and administrator I am turning over the reins.
    This has been a life changing experience. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting David Lee Roth several times and all the band members.
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army was something that I believed in! Something that I thought was important and necessary!
    This is the HOUSE THAT ROTH BUILT! The Diamond David Lee Roth Army. Meant to Celebrate Classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth. We have a rich history that should be celebrated.
    This website was founded for 4 reasons.

1. The year was 1999 (we actually started in 1998 without a domain name ) and most Dave fans were still reeling from the mistreatment and general duping of the fans due to the fallout from the MTV reunion and Greatest Hits Album. I strongly felt that Diamond Dave needed a mouthpiece for his fans to voice their discontent.

2. I wanted to celebrate the supreme importance of David Lee Roth's accomplishments in Van Halen. I wanted to celebrate the solo career of Diamond Dave. Some of Dave's solo releases are my favorite, besting a few Classic Van Halen Records. Additionally, I was disgusted by the lies that were being spread by Sammy Hagar and wanted to generally give him a beating on the internet.

3. This website was meant to rally fans for a Classic Van Halen Reunion. We were relentless and successful.

4. Those that know anything about me, know that I champion free speech. This website was founded on the principles of free speech with a reckless abandonment of politically correctness. If you walk around with a stick up your ass, this isn't your website.

Many personal changes have happened in my personal life since the inception of ROTHARMY.COM fourteen years ago. I was 27 years old and an active duty U.S. Army Sergeant. I am now a field grade officer (MAJOR) with four children and several combat tours under my belt. Fourteen years is a long time to run a website.

Effective immediately I am turning over the website to a Seshmeister.
    Seshmeister is now the new owner of RothArmy.com and gets the keys to the Roth Army World Headquarters, domain names, files and content.

This is a great move for the website, which I think is best for the long term survival of the David Lee Roth Army.
    My military career is very time consuming and I no longer have the time it takes to administer a website of this size.
    This is not a goodbye thread. I am still in the car. Seshmeister is the driver, I am simply sitting in the backseat. I will be doing some things behind the scenes, posting and helping with administration when I am asked.

I would like to thank those who have supported me and this website over the years. It has brought me much joy and a sense of pride. I have made many personal relationships that will last a lifetime through this website.
    I never expected any adulation or thanks for anything I did, because this was something I believed strongly in.
    Good luck to Seshmeister and those on his team.
    Thank you to all!

Breasts,

Sarge
    MEMBER #1 / Website Founder.

• PETE'S BROTHER
      PETE'S BROTHER commented
      Editing a comment
      it just doesn't seem the same to me, just my opinion.

• bantonelli
      bantonelli commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right...it's not. I'm trying to be optimistic, but yeah.... there is a gapping hole!

• Hardrock69
      Hardrock69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. It is called SockFucker.
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...