Daughty - another Roth reference.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Daughty - another Roth reference.

On “Baptized,” the newest album by modern rock outfit Daughtry, there's a rollicking and raucous song called “Long Live Rock & Roll.”

In it, the group's leader, 34-year-old Chris Daughtry, sings about many of the debates that rock fans of his generation still have about who's better: Elton John or Billy Joel; Motley Crue or Guns 'N Roses; The Beatles or the Rolling Stones.

But it's a sarcastic jab that Daughtry makes at the expense of one of the biggest bands of the 1980s that is perhaps most memorable.

“I think my favorite line in the entire song is the Van Halen/Van Hagar comparison,” Daughtry said with a laugh.

“Of course, if you're going to be talking about Van Halen, you've got to be on the David Lee Roth end. Not to discredit Sammy (Hagar) as a singer — he's a fantastic singer — but it's just that when I think of Van Halen, I think of those classic Van Halen tunes with David Lee Roth.”

I don't understand these lyrics, is he saying he's being forced to perform in this genre at gunpoint?

Anyway have to appreciate yet another song referencing Roth v Hagar...
      Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...