Roth Army Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sadaist
    replied
    Now I just take these in the car with me. Best protection ever. (except for the stinky flatulence & drool...not the kids) Although, they were supposed to be "protecting" my truck whil I ran into the grocery store. I came out & while a mom was loading her groceries, her toddler behind her was reaching up & feeding them french fries. So not sure how violent they could be if you had food on you.

Leave a comment:

• sadaist
    replied
    Originally posted by binnie
    Have any of you ever had to use your guns in a real situation?
    Once

I didn't "use" it, just pulled it. It was not glamorous like the action movies. I didn't feel tough afterward. In fact it took me about an hour at least just to stop trembling and the nausea to go away. It is not a good feeling.

It was dusk and I was at the corner gas station. I was slowly pulling out situating my drink & smokes and I hear screaming from outside. Off in the distance at far end of a mostly empty parking lot between gas station and fast food place was a young guy & 2 young girls (high school age girls. Guy looked college). I look over and they are really screaming at each other.

Then WHAM! Dude knocks the fuck out of 1 girl and she drops like a sack of potatoes. At this point I floor the gas and head that direction. Weird cause I usually flee from conflict. But my body just did it. He turns to the other girl and starts stepping towards her. I hit the brakes and yell at him hey asshole or something. He looks and starts to step towards my car....until he sees my gun aiming at him. He stops dead.

I say something along the lines of get the fuck out of here, you don't fucking hit women, I hate women too but you don't hit them, etc... He leaves.

The girl is now helping her knocked down friend up & both looking at me scared shitless. I put the gun away and STAYED IN THE CAR. I didn't want to freak them out anymore. I told them I would sit here until they walked inside the fast food place to make sure he didn't come back. The one girls says something like "It's ok, that was my ex-boyfriend". Ugh...typical right?

I said he shouldn't be hitting you. And I watched them walk into food place. Then I high tailed it quick in case someone called cops.

All this happened in maybe 2 minutes tops. Felt like eternity. I still get sick a little when I think about it. What if I shot him? What if he charged at me? Could I have pulled the trigger? What if I miss & he gets the gun from me? Now he takes me out & both girls. A million things play out in my head and scare me about the incident.

I'm not a very big dude. Always been on the thin side and not real muscular. Basically I'm not a scrapper. Only been in 2 fist fights my whole life & 1 of those I lost. So I doubt I could have stopped this guy on my own. When you are built like me, you really gain expertise in avoidance and getting out of bad situations.

Point is I got extremely lucky in the 1 time I did "use" my gun in a bad situation. EXTREMELY LUCKY. It wasn't fun and I don't ever want to do that again.

Anyways, that's the gist of it. A little fuzzy because adrenaline is pumping so fast & it comes out like a fuzzy dream when I try to think about it. Guy smacking on girls, I got him to leave. No one got seriously hurt.

Leave a comment:

• Jagermeister
    replied
    Originally posted by binnie
    Nope. Not me.

Leave a comment:

• binnie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sadaist
    replied
    Hollow points go in the size of a quarter...and come out the size of a dinner plate. Serious stopping power. In the movies you think any bullet is gonna stop someone dead in their tracks. But it's far from that. Especially if people are using small guage. Although, I would really like to buy this if I ever have the extra money.

Leave a comment:

• Jagermeister
    replied
    I'll do a little diddty on this load tomorrow maybe. And talk about the now no longer available (mostly)Black Talon ammo.

Leave a comment:

• Jagermeister
    replied
    like I said. If I miss and hit someone in the leg I want to make sure they still get close to death.

Leave a comment:

• Jagermeister
    replied
    This is what I own in 45acp.

Leave a comment:

• sadaist
    replied
    Long time ago I bought a whole fucking case of these Russian 9mm bullets. CHEAP. But since they were just for the target range I figured WTF. Damn things jammed a lot. Still have a couple 100 of them. But I keep 1 clip full with top of the line hollow points. That's the one by the side of the bed. For everything else the Russian crap bullets work fine.

I love the green metal ammo boxes though. Get them at the army/navy supply store for $5. I keep old fishing reels in 1, gun cleaning supplies in another, and one in the truck to carry a spare quart of oil, rags, & other road fix necessities. Great boxes.

Leave a comment:

• PETE'S BROTHER
    replied
    Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Didn't you hear? I only have that red user name to put on my resume....
    and jagy's name is white....

Leave a comment:

• Jagermeister
    replied
    Well it could look better on a bigger ass hole. j/k Glad to see it actually.

Leave a comment:

• Va Beach VH Fan
    replied
    I don't know, maybe the boys on Howdy Doody Mountain need someone to get the band with the fucking 21st century....

Leave a comment:

• chefcraig
    replied
    Are you saying your resume is in color? Well, I guess that's OK...if you are applying for a job in marketing, cosmetics or the fashion industry.

Leave a comment:

• Va Beach VH Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jagermeister
    Um, err I fugured you needed an excuse to put that red user name to use?

Leave a comment:

• Jagermeister
    replied
    Shooting is a sport?

Leave a comment:

Working...