Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seshmeister
    replied
    Originally posted by twonabomber
    I'd buy a Cloud guitar if the estate decides to do another run.
    More like a whale penis than a cloud.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristy
    I have some good news. This sexist misogynistic motherfucker is still dead

He was an asshole. One less jerk on the face of the earth.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    You will have to wear purple ladies clothes when you play it.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied
    I blame the estate for these reissues. The record company is just a willing and necessary accomplice.
    Free money.

I don't think his legacy will be badly affected if if some of the tracks released aren't great given people will overlook a bit of child raping if your main catalogue is good enough...

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    I think people got turned off by Around The World In A Day because it wasn't Purple Rain. Prince even said in an interview he could have just done the Let's Go Crazy solo in a different key and put it on there but he wanted to do something different. Then you get to Parade and it's stripped down and different too.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    I blame the estate for these reissues. The record company is just a willing and necessary accomplice.
    I've noticed his 80's catalog has been reissued on Prince's "NPG" (New Power Generation) label like Around the World, Lovesexy, Parade, Graffiti Bridge. They are going for cheap, too @$9 - $10 on CD. Not much in the way of packaging mainly lyric sheets and production credits. No b-sides, remixes or vault tracks on these. The remastering (from what I can tell) is crisper than the originals and they are not brickwalled to death so they are bearable to listen to. Around The World in a Day is not as good as I remember it.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Just letting you all know Prince is still dead.
    Off the fentanyl, too!

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    He was a talented little weirdo. 1999 came and went. We’re still here.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    At the record company meeting
    On their hands - a dead star
    And oh, the plans they weave
    And oh, the sickening greed
    At the record company party

On their hands - a dead star
    The sycophantic slags all say :
    "I knew him first, and I knew him well"
    Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
    Re-evaluate the songs
    Double-pack with a photograph

Extra track (and a tacky badge)
    A-list, playlist
    "Please them , please them !"
    "Please them !"
    (sadly, this was your life)

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied

James Brown had the Apollo. Jimi Hendrix had Monterey Pop. And Prince had Syracuse, New York’s Carrier Dome—the March 30, 1985 Purple Rain Tour stop that was beamed to millions live via satellite and captured for posterity in the Grammy Award-nominated concert film Prince and The Revolution: Live. For the first time, this powerful performance by Prince and The Revolution has been remixed from the original 2” multitrack master reels and the film has been digitally enhanced onto Blu-ray video with selectable stereo, 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos sound. The new release of Prince and The Revolution: Live will be available June 3, 2022, and marks the first time that the concert will be available on vinyl (as a 3-LP set) and on CD (as a 2-CD/Blu-ray set) as well as a limited run Collector's Edition available exclusively from the official Prince Store. Housed in a luxe foil box, the set includes the remixed and remastered audio pressed onto 3 colored LPs (purple, red and gold vinyl), 2 CDs, the Blu-ray video, an expansive 44-page book complete with never-before-seen photos of the Purple Rain Tour, new liner notes highlighting stories and memories from all five members of The Revolution, and a 24 x 36 poster.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    Just letting you all know Prince is still dead.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    Prince was always a pretentious bore.

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied
    I was watching this last night - great sound.

Just a modest 19 piece backing band.

Such a fuck up with the encore though - getting a crowd from loving you to booing just by a failure to communicate...

Leave a comment:

Working...