replied
    That was kind of ghey.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    Don't care. Just release Around The World In A Day and I'll be happy.

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied
    Would that not just be endless versions of that stuff on the second side after Gett Off I never listen to?

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    Graffiti Bridge is better off without a reissue...the album is far better than the movie.

Guy on YT thinks a Diamonds and Pearls super deluxe should be next.

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    What I like to know is: WHERE ARE ARE THE GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING REISSUES OF AROUND THE WORLD IN A DAY, PARADE, LOVE SEXY, & GRAFFITI BRIDGE!?!? I'm not too concerned seeing Sign O' The Slimes fucking sucked in the "remastering" process. His vault shit, I could give a flying rat fuck monkey fuck about.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    I've said it before...some of the stuff should be left in the vault. There are plenty of bootleg collections (The Work series comes to mind) that have things on them that I'd only heard of. Then I listen and think yeah, I see why Prince didn't put that out. Some of it is unfinished, and some is just not that good. It shows that he was always working, always creating, but after further review it should have been left alone.

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied
    60 Minutes goes to Prince's Vault

Leave a comment:

• Funkmonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    I'm not Lindbergh's biggest fan and yeah, maybe he shouldn't have an international airport named after him. But I think the Nazi thing is a bit of overreach even give his eugenics bullshit. He actually flew combat missions as a civilian in WWII (against the Japanese) shooting down maybe two Jap fighters, more importantly he helped improve certain USAAF fighters like the P-38...

He was a flawed human being and a product of his time...
    http://www.charleslindbergh.com/wwii/ He flew some combat missions and most importantly was a consultant that improved many of the fighter craft the US was using.

Leave a comment:

• Nickdfresh
    replied
    Works!

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied
    There was a great show on the BBC the other week to commemorate Sign Of The Times I'm not sure you will be able to get it in the US without using a proxy but here is the link.

Mary Anne Hobbs celebrates Prince’s critically-acclaimed album Sign O’ The Times.

Prince’s Sign o’ the Times at 33 1/3
    Mary Anne Hobbs

Our 33 1/3 celebrations explore iconic albums when they turn 33 and 1/3 years old, which also happens to be the speed that vinyl albums are played at.

Sign O’ The Times was released on the 30th March 1987 by Paisley Park Records and Warner Bros. It followed Parade, Prince’s final recording with The Revolution, and the commercial breakthroughs, 1999 (released in 1982) and Purple Rain (1984). Rolling Stone described it as ‘tough and inventive and exuberantly experimental’ while the New York Times said that ‘virtually all by himself’ Prince was ‘more versatile, more eclectic than ever.’

Across the show we’ll hear from Susan Rogers, who was right at the heart of the album's creation, and Duane Tudahl, senior researcher for the Prince Estate Archives, who knows many of the stories from behind the scenes. We will reflect on the incredible influence of the record across all four sides of the vinyl which embraces funk, pop, rock, gospel, dance music, slow jams and more and hear from some of the musicians who’ve been inspired by Prince.

In part shaped by the reception to his previous two projects, 1986’s Parade and the film Under The Cherry Moon, the stories surrounding Sign O The Times include smashed guitars, the dissolution of The Revolution, record label battles and happy accidents in the studio with engineer Susan Rogers.

Leave a comment:

Working...