Clear All

• twonabomber
    replied
    Dave Rusan: Building Prince’s Cloud Guitar

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    Originally posted by DONNIEP
    "There is ongoing bootlegging going on"...

Jesus Christ, can no one string a fucking sentence together anymore?
    Might have been one of the lawyers...

The trust in charge of Prince's assets says speed and expertise are needed to maximize the estate's value.

Leave a comment:

• DONNIEP
    replied
    Originally posted by FORD
    If Jesus Christ strung that sentence together, it would probably be something like "And henceforth there was much bootlegging amongst the disciples of Prince, and verily the number of available recordings did multiply greatly amongst the purple flock"
    And He looked upon the available recordings and He said they were good enough...

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied
    If Jesus Christ strung that sentence together, it would probably be something like "And henceforth there was much bootlegging amongst the disciples of Prince, and verily the number of available recordings did multiply greatly amongst the purple flock"

Leave a comment:

• DONNIEP
    replied
    "There is ongoing bootlegging going on"...

Jesus Christ, can no one string a fucking sentence together anymore?

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied
    I didn't mean to make out I had inside info, you are far more on top of this than me, I'm very much a casual fan.

I'm thinking more of the people out there I know who would never go near a torrent but are now seeing new stuff on YouTube or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    I read an article on the Star Tribune site that says the administrator of the estate is aware of the bootlegging:

Finally, Bremer needs to negotiate a larger class of commitments and contracts that have to do with Prince’s intellectual property. Peterson said time is of the essence.

“There is ongoing bootlegging going on,” he said, adding that the music world needs to know that Bremer Trust is monitoring that.
    I hit the torrents pretty hard the first few weeks after Prince's death, but haven't checked for anything I don't already have since. Maybe I'll look again this week.

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied
    Exciting time to be a Prince fan, a motherlode of new stuff coming online now.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    Would like to say my fav prince tune but it can change as these things do , but definitely one of my favourite .
    Probably his last good album. Just about anything after it has more misses than hits.

Leave a comment:

• DONNIEP
    replied
    Originally posted by Seshmeister

Now that's a fuckin rock show!! Ed should watch some of these videos, see how it's done. OBC might even learn a thing or two.

Leave a comment:

• vandeleur
    replied
    Would like to say my fav prince tune but it can change as these things do , but definitely one of my favourite .

Leave a comment:

• Seshmeister
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DONNIEP
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorehey
    That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this site...
    What? That you're right? Lol, post more

Leave a comment:

• Whorehey
    replied
    Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Whorehey is right - Fentanyl is prescribed for conditions other than cancer and can be purchased at a pharmacy. In my line of work I have three insurers who are currently using the patch for things unrelated to cancer, which is the most common use. One is using it due to pain from injuries in a car accident, one for a serious knee condition, and the other is some sort of hip condition, coincidentally. And since I'm talking about people who use their health insurance to purchase it, a medical necessity review has to be done before their plans will cover it. However, it would be extremely unlikely any relatively healthy person who is obviously ambulatory and can perform frigggin marathon concerts that last until three in the morning would be prescribed this medication. Ever. If you're in the kind of pain this stuff is used to treat - you ain't dancing the nite away. So whoever was writing the prescriptions was waaay off the reservation. And I'm not aware of ANY off label use for this medication so it's not like it would be prescribed for anything other than debilitating pain.
    That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on this site...

Leave a comment:

• DONNIEP
    replied
    Whorehey is right - Fentanyl is prescribed for conditions other than cancer and can be purchased at a pharmacy. In my line of work I have three insurers who are currently using the patch for things unrelated to cancer, which is the most common use. One is using it due to pain from injuries in a car accident, one for a serious knee condition, and the other is some sort of hip condition, coincidentally. And since I'm talking about people who use their health insurance to purchase it, a medical necessity review has to be done before their plans will cover it. However, it would be extremely unlikely any relatively healthy person who is obviously ambulatory and can perform frigggin marathon concerts that last until three in the morning would be prescribed this medication. Ever. If you're in the kind of pain this stuff is used to treat - you ain't dancing the nite away. So whoever was writing the prescriptions was waaay off the reservation. And I'm not aware of ANY off label use for this medication so it's not like it would be prescribed for anything other than debilitating pain.

Leave a comment:

Working...