Annual Rock Hall Nominee Shit Show thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Halen
    replied
    Somebody in Cleveland should burn that building of fraud down. How many rock bands or rap artists are in the Country Music Hall Of Fame? I've been by that shithole in Cleveland a thousand times, and have never stepped foot in the place. Not sure if it costs money, but they'd never get a penny from me. It's a fucking JOKE.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    UCR writers discuss the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame's 2023 class, which includes Kate Bush, Sheryl Crow, Missy Elliott, George Michael, Willie Nelson, Rage Against the Machine and the Spinners.

Leave a comment:

• Nickdfresh
    replied
    I barely know who the fuck she is...

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    That one Missy Elliott video was deemed "groundbreaking" and she might have gotten the MTV Video Vanguard award recently. Beyond that, I can't think of much she's done, either.

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied
    Iron Maiden & Soundgarden can't get in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame before Missy Fucking Elliot??

Even by rap standards, that's just pathetically weak. Can't even name one of her songs, let alone make any sort of case how she's "influenced" anybody, in the sense that Run DMC, NWA, or Public Enemy have.

Willie Nelson isn't rock n roll either, of course. But the guest list of his recent 90th birthday concerts is evidence of how many rock n rollers love the guy, so I'm fine with him being there.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Thankfully the organization has finally gotten woke, realized their past transgressions and nominated The Spinners...although justice won't be served until Needle Dig and the Bug Fuggers take their rightful place inside this hallowed ground.

Leave a comment:

• So this is love
    replied
    I'm not a huge fan of Iron Maiden, but they deserve to be inducted much more than most of these inductees.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    Who do they get to sing George Michael songs? Adam Lambert?

Leave a comment:

• Kristy
    replied
    Well, I'm not at all impressed.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    It's the response to the "not enough women in the hall" complaints.

Leave a comment:

• silverfish
    replied
    2023 Inductees:

Kate Bush
    Sheryl Crow
    Missy Elliott
    George Michael
    Willie Nelson
    Rage Against the Machine
    The Spinners

In addition, Chaka Khan, Al Kooper, and Bernie Taupin will be honored with the Rock & Roll Hall of
    Fame’s Musical Excellence Award. Meanwhile, DJ Kool Herc and Link Wray will receive the Musical
    Influence Award. The late creator and host of Soul Train Don Cornelius is this year’s recipient of
    the Ahmet Ertegun Award, which honors non-performing industry professionals.

Full story at:
    The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame class of 2023 includes Rage Against the Machine, Willie Nelson, and Missy Elliott. See the full list here.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    George made some decent background music for the 80’s clubs. I can still taste the Stroh’s.

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied
    George Michael performed one song with the remains of Queen, and did a halfway decent job of it. I wouldn't say that should get him into the Rock n Roll hall of fame, but it's certainly more than fucking Whitney Houston ever did.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    I don’t see why people think it’s important that some board of schmucks decides their favorite act gets acknowledged. Seems very anti-rock and roll to me. Rock and Roll is raiding the place like a band of pirates.

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    Fan vote is something like less than a percent toward an artist's induction.

The George Michael fanbase just mobilized better than the others. Guy could sing though.

Leave a comment:

Working...