Confused...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

    • Oct 2004
    • 49261

    #16
    As an aside, I find it truly fascinating and amazing that the (semi) educated apply a massively problematic and incompetent standard to their political beliefs and ideologies that they would be fired for at work if they applied the same uncritical thinking skills and cultish bombastic fucking shenanigans. to fucking writing code or selling lipstick or whatever...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-16-2024, 07:19 AM.

    Comment

    • ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

      • Jan 2004
      • 9000

      #17
      Originally posted by Nickdfresh

      I am old. I am old and not wise as a guy called Shakespeare once wrote. But I am old enough to seek the truth and not bullshit I just WANT to beLIEve to facilitate a belief system one might erroneously think is self-serving , ironically. I wish you at sometime would reach that conclusion, ol' chap MAGhAZoo....
      I'll have to give that prospect some further thought... truth and bullshit swim in the same political waters with the overwhelming majority in the latter.

      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

      Comment

      • Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

        • Oct 2003
        • 35267

        #18
        Originally posted by Nickdfresh

        Well, let's be fair Zah, your original post shows what a shallow, ignorant old fool you are and is very factually incorrect. Old men...
        Nick you are never going to change anyone's mind about anything by just being rude.

        Zah is exactly the kind of person you need to not vote for Trump. Of course nothing on here is ever going to change an election because of the numbers of people seeing it but it does show the problem. People are all in their internet bubble with the algorithms and social media giving them a mixture of stuff they agree with and stuff that makes them angry, This 25 year old music forum is maybe one of the few places online people will meet who have different opinions and information so going in with all the pejorative shit is kind of dumb. Oh no look you made me do it too...

        Comment

        • ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

          • Jan 2004
          • 9000

          #19
          I'd love a viable alternative to Trump that can be elected... I was disappointed when the Republican primaries dwindled down to just Trump. None of the candidates were over the top great but at least they brought some differing perspectives to the table with something other than the divisive shit show Trump brings with him.

          On the flip side... the only alternative offered is whatever shadow collective is currently running the Presidential office behind the propped up walking corpse of Biden. Bless his heart... but the man is not up to the job anymore and those propping him up won't let their death grip on power open any alternatives. That's not good for the US overall even in the short term...
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

          Comment

          • Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

            • Oct 2004
            • 49261

            #20
            Originally posted by ZahZoo
            ..

            On the flip side... the only alternative offered is whatever shadow collective is currently running the Presidential office behind the propped up walking corpse of Biden.....
            Yeah, K, old boy....

            Comment

            • Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

              • Oct 2004
              • 49261

              #21
              Maybe take a Cognitive Test?, boys:

              Comment

              • Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                • Oct 2003
                • 35267

                #22
                Originally posted by ZahZoo
                I'd love a viable alternative to Trump that can be elected... I was disappointed when the Republican primaries dwindled down to just Trump. None of the candidates were over the top great but at least they brought some differing perspectives to the table with something other than the divisive shit show Trump brings with him.

                On the flip side... the only alternative offered is whatever shadow collective is currently running the Presidential office behind the propped up walking corpse of Biden. Bless his heart... but the man is not up to the job anymore and those propping him up won't let their death grip on power open any alternatives. That's not good for the US overall even in the short term...
                What I don't understand is that how you could think Trump is less bad.

                I think part of the problem is that people are confused by the timeline because of COVID warping memories of what happened and when...

                Comment

                • Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                  • Oct 2003
                  • 35267

                  #23
                  On this day in 2020 Trump had planned a MAGA rally in Tulsa to mark the date of the end of slavery. Just a coincidence? After a lot of upset the date was changed.

                  The Tulsa race massacre, also known as the Tulsa race riot or the Black Wall Street massacre, was a two-day-long white supremacist terrorist massacre that took place between May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents, some of whom had been appointed as deputies and armed by city government officials,[16] attacked black residents and destroyed homes and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The event is considered one of the worst incidents of racial violence in American history. The attackers burned and destroyed more than 35 square blocks of the neighborhood—at the time, one of the wealthiest black communities in the United States, colloquially known as "Black Wall Street."

                  More than 800 people were admitted to hospitals, and as many as 6,000 black residents of Tulsa were interned in large facilities, many of them for several days. The Oklahoma Bureau of Vital Statistics officially recorded 36 dead. The 2001 Tulsa Reparations Coalition examination of events identified 39 dead, 26 black and 13 white, based on contemporary autopsy reports, death certificates, and other records. The commission gave several estimates ranging from 75 to 300 dead.
                  The next day Trump held the rally despite warnings about COVID. At the rally Trump said in his speech that he had asked the federal government to "slow down" COVID-19 testing in order to reduce the number of new U.S. cases. Shortly after the rally cases in Oklahoma tripled and Herman Cain who attended died of COVID.
                  Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-19-2024, 09:03 AM.

                  Comment

                  • ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                    • Jan 2004
                    • 9000

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Seshmeister

                    What I don't understand is that how you could think Trump is less bad.

                    I think part of the problem is that people are confused by the timeline because of COVID warping memories of what happened and when...
                    I'm not lost on the irony of basing a political preference on degrees of less bad between the shitty choices presented. The choice isn't arrived at easily because of significant downsides in both directions.

                    I don't consider poor choices during Covid as a significant factor in any of this. The world was presented with a major problem with variables never encountered globally. Nobody got it right and many people died or were severely impacted due to bad choices across the board. I don't expect a global pandemic to be a factor in the near term. So it would seem irrelevant to base a decision on that specific past performance,

                    At the moment... what is tipping my preference is two factors... the economic prospects of a Trump reelection and possible Republican control of the Senate/House favors business growth and easing of regulatory constraints especially in the oil and gas industries. I believe that will fuel significant economic recovery and growth that's been choked off by the left and their bullshit green initiatives which are killing economic growth.

                    The other factor is just a somewhat improved stature globally... in that Biden's frail condition is projecting weakness at the top. Our enemies are getting emboldened far too much for a comfortable outlook on many fronts. Trump, while seeming to have much more strength in this aspect... he brings more to the table than feeble Joe wandering around lost. Not saying Trump isn't showing his age and his asshole personality isn't positive trait but as silly as it sounds he's got more going than Biden. Terrible basis for a political choice... but it's what we got to work with presently.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

                    Comment

                    • silverfish
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 555

                      #25
                      Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      I don't consider poor choices during Covid as a significant factor in any of this. The world was presented with a major problem with variables never encountered globally. Nobody got it right and many people died or were severely impacted due to bad choices across the board. I don't expect a global pandemic to be a factor in the near term.
                      Granted. BUT, to specifically give out blatently false information and/or counter the advice of trained medical
                      professionals I think should carry some kind of weight. If world leaders all over were suggesting you drink bleach
                      or stick a flashlight up your ass then maybe cut him a bit of slack.

                      Otherwise, sorry, he does not get a pass (from me) on the basis of "COVID was an anomoly".
                      Originally posted by sadaist
                      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

                      Comment

                      • ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                        • Jan 2004
                        • 9000

                        #26
                        A lot of trained medical professionals gave out unproven advice, anecdotal nonsense and utter bullshit that led to policy, medical treatments and governmental restrictions that have been proven wrong and ineffective.

                        I don't deny Trump said things that were utter bullshit and fed misinformation during the pandemic. But at the time and now I don't place any value on his or Biden's medical opinions any more than my hillbilly neighbor Bill who thinks biscuits and gravy is the key to long life... None mentioned are medical professionals nor catastrophic global disease experts.

                        I hope your candidate selection criteria is a bit more broad than a couple of nonsense comments made during the pandemic...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

                        Comment

                        • nick500
                          Groupie
                          • Jul 2019
                          • 83

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          So Hunter Biden is the first person in US legal history to be convicted for buying a gun while being a drug addict who didn't commit another crime.

                          Do people still think that Biden controls the DOJ on who it convicts?
                          Since I'm not American, I see Hunter Biden who did commit a crime, and Trump who committed a made up crime.
                          Neither one should have been taken to court. Hunter has a lot of explaining to do about his so called business.
                          Best and most objective commentator is Alan Dershowitz on his Dershow on Youtube.
                          At least in your great country you don't have a "notwithstanding clause" in your constitution like in Canada,
                          where any provincial government can just throw the constitution or court decision ,into the trash.

                          Comment

                          • Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                            • Oct 2003
                            • 35267

                            #28
                            Originally posted by nick500

                            Since I'm not American, I see Hunter Biden who did commit a crime, and Trump who committed a made up crime.
                            Neither one should have been taken to court. Hunter has a lot of explaining to do about his so called business.
                            Best and most objective commentator is Alan Dershowitz on his Dershow on Youtube.

                            I agree don't vote for Hunter Biden or Donald Trump for president.

                            I don't know how objective Alan Dershowitz is actually. He's up to his neck in the Epstein stuff for a start. It's really not the same thing as being a public defender doing your job giving often guilty people their constitutional defence when you are voluntarily defending super rich sex traffic pedos and possibly being paid in more than money. A personal friend of Epstein and OJ?

                            Kind of ironic the name of this publication but it's clearly not some leftist thing.

                            Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-22-2024, 08:23 PM.

                            Comment

                            • Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                              • Oct 2003
                              • 35267

                              #29
                              Originally posted by ZahZoo

                              At the moment... what is tipping my preference is two factors... the economic prospects of a Trump reelection and possible Republican control of the Senate/House favors business growth and easing of regulatory constraints especially in the oil and gas industries. I believe that will fuel significant economic recovery and growth that's been choked off by the left and their bullshit green initiatives which are killing economic growth.

                              The other factor is just a somewhat improved stature globally... in that Biden's frail condition is projecting weakness at the top. Our enemies are getting emboldened far too much for a comfortable outlook on many fronts. Trump, while seeming to have much more strength in this aspect... he brings more to the table than feeble Joe wandering around lost. Not saying Trump isn't showing his age and his asshole personality isn't positive trait but as silly as it sounds he's got more going than Biden. Terrible basis for a political choice... but it's what we got to work with presently.
                              On the first I could argue that not going more green is going to cost way way more because climate change is really expensive. Also Biden has been pretty fucking anti green actually but whatever. The second argument, I'm sorry but that just doesn't make any sense to me. Trump is really really hated by all of your allies, will always put himself first, his family second and the US third. It's not like you don't know who he is we've done this all before already. We were lucky once that all his main people ended up in jail or resigned because it was all a confused shitshow, next time it won't be the same.

                              Comment

                              • ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

                                • Jan 2004
                                • 9000

                                #30
                                Can't argue Trump is hated by a lot of allies... I've got no clever comeback. He can be a real jackass at times.

                                I just weigh the current state of weakness globally with Biden and my current thinking is we may fair better with Trump in dealing with Russia/Ukraine, Israel/Iran/Hezbollah/Hamas, China/Taiwan, etc.

                                I'm not sure what you mean by "climate change is really expensive"..? Pushing EVs and renewable energy sources is really expensive and unreliable. Combine that with trying to choke off fossil fuels to drive up the cost to support those green alternatives is a really poor approach that's not going to achieve any measurable effect on global climate change and the few factors humans can even affect globally.

                                Lose the alarmist bullshit over climate change... drive fossil fuel prices down. Invest in clean fossil fuel usage over the next 20-30 years while investing in better, more efficient and sustainable renewable energy source. Fossil fuel usage is not going away on our lifetime... probably not my kids... maybe my grandkids. It's gonna take 5-6 decades to get us fully shifted off of fossil fuels.
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

                                Comment

                                Working...