Taylor Swift Driving Conservatives Insane.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The mass majority could care less about Taylor Swift. Who makes the noise is the podcasters. Choose an audience. You can be Cenk or you can be Glenn Beck. There no longer is a Walter Cronkite everyone listens to. Everything is divisive and political nowadays. Taylor is just the current flavor of the month. She is what Michael Jackson and Maddona were in our generation. There is less competition now because there isn’t a musical and radio industry bombarding us with new acts and music. MTV is no longer about music. Instead of everyone enjoying something together we find things to argue over. It’s all about online forums. People act like assholes on them because they can. In person people are more civil because you might get a knuckle sandwich. Gauging the public off their internet posts is a big mistake because people are not their real selves online. People look like real crazy assholes online. Taylor is triggering less conservatives in reality. It’s just the attention whores like Cat Turd making a big deal of it.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Last edited by twonabomber; 02-17-2024, 01:58 PM.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

We'll see...
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Republicans keep accusing Tim Scott and other blacks.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

"Two of the detained are juveniles, according to the police chief."

Those juvie's aren't crackers or MAGA.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Officials say they do not believe the motive was terrorism. Graves, the police chief, said “bad actors” caused the chaos and bloodshed, even amid a police presence that included more than 800 law enforcement officers at the event.
                  In a statement Steven Seagal's agent said he had nothing to do with it...

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

"Two juvenile suspects in the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade shooting have been charged, according to reports.

The shooting instead “appeared to be a dispute between several people that ended in gunfire,” Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves told reporters during a Thursday press conference."

Again, not MAGA.

The story will die here. Juveniles won't be identified in the media, and with the likelihood that they aren't "white male homegrown terrorists" the narrative is dead.

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      The mass majority could care less about Taylor Swift. Who makes the noise is the podcasters.
                      OK...I personally could NOT give a shit about Taylor Swift. Nothing against her. I just don't care.

But did you actually just say that the "mass majority" (what does that even mean? WTF is a "mass majority"?) could not care less about Taylor Swift?

There has never been a musical artist that the great majority of ALL society is a fan of. Even Sinatra, Elvis, Beatles...there has NEVER been a situation in which MOST of ALL PEOPLE alive were fans. That idea is insane. Elvis' ALOHA FROM HAWAII televised concert was allegedly watched by 1 billion people. In 1973, that was approximately 1/4 of the planet. So, even THAT is not a "mass majority"...and it's likely that not every single person watching it on T.V. were official Elvis fans. It was an EVENT.

But your "mass majority" argument holds no water when it comes to any single person, politician or politician.

MAGAs love to claim that they represent the "majority of Americans." That idea does not even come close to resembling the truth. Pretty typically, MAGAs or Trump-supporters are identified as around 35-37% of people polled. Is 37% the "mass majority"?

AND...if you're trying to claim that Taylor Swift is NOT FUCKING HUGE, then you just sound ridiculous and fucking silly (and probably a bit old).

Her first record was in 2006. She has since sold 114 million album units worldwide. She is the solo artist with the most weeks (69) at number one on the US Billboard 200.

Again, I am not a fan. I also don't hate her. I don't give a fucking shit. It's not my kind of music...but I'm also not one of those people who believes that MY tastes need to be enforced on the masses. That kind of thinking is pathetic.

End of the day, MAGAs hate her because she dares practice her First Amendment right to freely admit that she does not like Donald Trump. THAT IS IT. They resent her selling a ton of records and telling her fans that Trump is a piece of shit. Thus, they HATE her romance of an NFL player, they HATE seeing her in the stands at the Super Bowl...and they make comments like "she should concentrate on her music and keep her mouth shut!"

Sorry, telling someone to not publicly express her own opinions because she also happens to be an incredibly-popular singer is beyond un-American.

I have never heard one MAGA express that Ted Nugent should play his guitar and keep his political opinions to himself. (I've heard plenty of Democrats say that...and when they do, I think they're wrong.)

I think Ted Nugent says a ton of stupid things. I disagree with almost ALL of his politics (though I found it refreshing in 2012 when he got some Conservatives angry by admitting that he had nothing against gay people). His politics make no difference to me. He makes music. He does his outdoors-y shit. And he says some insane political shit. No matter how much I disagree with him politically, no one is going to make me burn my Amboy Dukes records or tell me I can't listen to STRANGLEHOLD. (The guy may say a ton of stupid shit, but STRANGEHOLD will always be one of my favorite car songs.)

Most of the numbskulls stating that Taylor Swift is a "deep state operative" or even that she should keep her politics to herself were the same idiots applauding that fuckhead Jason Aldean for "telling it like it is."

You can't have your fucking cake and eat it too.
                      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        Taylor is just the current flavor of the month. She is what Michael Jackson and Maddona were in our generation. There is less competition now because there isn’t a musical and radio industry bombarding us with new acts and music.
                        There is a TON of new music.

There is more competition than there ever was because it's easier to get your music out there.

Swift is not a "flavor of the month." She's been out there for close to 20 years. She just seems to get more and more popular. It's rare that someone stays big this long...and just keep getting MORE and MORE popular.

I, again, don't give a shit about her or her music. (Nothing against her...I think young people should be allowed to love whichever singers they want to. My parents didn't get Van Halen or Soundgarden or Metallica or whatever I listened to when I was in High School...so I don't expect kids to have to care what I think.)

And if you're saying Michael Jackson or Madonna were "flavors of the month"...c'mon, really? They are still, to some degree (for better or worse) still fucking huge.

"Flavor of the month" is more like...I don't know...FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS. Remember them? (Fuck, I hated that song...that "she drives me crazy" shit.) They were really big for...like...a year? Two years? Now nobody ever talks about them or remembers them. THAT is a good example of a "flavor of the month."

The Bangles. EMF.

Pop music has a TON of "flavors of the month."

Taylor Swift, Madonna, Michael Jackson...these aren't flavors of the month.

But I do know that whenever Taylor Swift comes up, the people who get the angriest about her, who say she sucks, who say it's a "fad" that will pass...they are most often angry conservatives.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...