Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cadaverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by jhale667
    More like it would have been redundant, since like VA, he was one of the few people that was hearing about it in real time.
    Redundant or not the thread was started to congratulate you on your accomplishment. You didn't get the gig but the next time you might and it might be an even better gig. Someday I could be telling people I knew you when you were just a greasy haired varmint. Believe it or not I wish you well. You're a val.

Leave a comment:

• chefcraig
    replied
    Originally posted by jhale667
    I'm stealing "Nuns and Laundry", btw....
    Fuck, now I have to go find a left handed Strat at Guitar Center.

Thanx a bunch, ya bonehead...

Leave a comment:

• jhale667
    replied
    I'm stealing "Nuns and Laundry", btw....

Leave a comment:

• jhale667
    replied
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I took you off ignore just long enough to reply to your stupidity. All you ever see is someone else doing wrong because in your mind you can do no wrong. I've noticed you haven't bothered to congratulate Hale. Jealous?
    More like it would have been redundant, since like VA, he was one of the few people that was hearing about it in real time.

Leave a comment:

• cadaverdog
    replied
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Was this before or after C-dung and Von went on their "circle jerk" derail?

All I see is you and a couple other residents here derailing Jay's thread.....
    I took you off ignore just long enough to reply to your stupidity. All you ever see is someone else doing wrong because in your mind you can do no wrong. I've noticed you haven't bothered to congratulate Hale. Jealous?

Leave a comment:

• chefcraig
    replied
    Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Thread derailment is a long established, finely tuned art. The more deranged, the better.

However, this is not meant to disrespect J for his accomplishment. I said earlier, and will state again my respect for the dude's efforts. The man has been a stand up friend of mine for years now, always full of cool advice and knowledge when my fumble-fingered efforts at sound or guitar repair blow chunks all over the dashboard.

Besides, if ever a thread needed a Bob and Doug McKenzie video, it's one of jhale's.

Great to see you guys again. All the best to you and your families, and all be well.

Leave a comment:

• LoungeMachine
    replied
    Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    For half a second, I was very, very jealous of you.

Then I remembered that there is a very, very slim - perhaps even non-existent - chance that this nun looked nothing like the ones I'm used to, huh... watching.

Cheers!
    Way to stay on topic, tranny-biter.

Leave a comment:

• LoungeMachine
    replied
    Before this gets out of hand - at which point I'll be far, far away from this thread - let me ask you a couple of very simple questions.

The Dog congratulated your best friend & then shared an anecdote about his own past. Regardless of the time that passed between these two momentous events, why would you feel the need to humiliate C-Dog without any kind of provocation on his part? And on your best friends' kudos thread, of all places.

Neither of them got the gig. How is not getting one gig infinitely better than not getting another gig? It just smacks of unwarranted, unprovoked abuse for no reason other than maybe trying to feel better by putting someone else down.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• jhale667
    replied
    I won't even ask if this was intentional. I just don't want to know.

I don't write Thor comics, so no.... (?)

Leave a comment:

• chefcraig
    replied
    Originally posted by twonabomber
    If they were Canadian it could be Nuns and Hosers...

Leave a comment:

• twonabomber
    replied
    If they were Canadian it could be Nuns and Hosers...

Leave a comment:

• chefcraig
    replied

Then I remembered that there is a very, very slim - perhaps even non-existent - chance that this nun looked nothing like the ones I'm used to, huh... watching.

Cheers!
    Nuns and Laundry...now THAT is a band name that inspires all sorts of profane images...then again, I'll bet you a week's wages the lead guitarist would be wearing a goofy top hat and the singer sports a Charles Manson t-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• philouze
    replied
    Well.. All I can say is:
    Congrats, Jay. Even though you didn't get the gig, you got to play with one of the best 80's bands.
    So yeah, kudos, brother.

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    All I remember from that year is getting smacked by this mean-assed nun

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• ZahZoo
    replied
    Originally posted by VetteLS5
    Knock it off old man. Like your tryout for the school choir 50 years ago is anything compared to JH's audition.

Er.. uh... sorry... I was channeling some asshole.
    WTF? I was in the 2nd grade 50 years ago. I don't think we had a choir back then...

All I remember from that year is getting smacked by this mean-assed nun for struggling to write with my left hand because I had a full cast on my right arm from a nasty compound fracture from getting thrown from a horse. I suspect that's when my poor disposition towards authority figures took root...

Leave a comment:

Working...