Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VetteLS5
    replied
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    PS... Congrats JHale on the audition... just getting the call to try out is an accomplishment and testament to your passion for playing!! So few get a look... let alone a listen in the business.
    Knock it off old man. Like your tryout for the school choir 50 years ago is anything compared to JH's audition.

Er.. uh... sorry... I was channeling some asshole.

Leave a comment:

• ZahZoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    so the righteous force of the Blue Knights of Internet Achievement descended upon them with the mighty wrath of a thousand suns, thus making the Kingdom of Roth the Twitchy safe for little children around the world once again.
    I don't care what side of the fence anyone is/was on... that's just damn funny!!

Kingdom of Roth the Twitchy

Classic!!

PS... Congrats JHale on the audition... just getting the call to try out is an accomplishment and testament to your passion for playing!! So few get a look... let alone a listen in the business.

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Milton Berle's son managed Van Halen for awhile. The band said he gave them these super nice platinum VH necklaces as presents and the band later found out he charged their account to buy the necklaces. I think Uncle Milty was an American 50's icon. I don't know he used to be on TV shows and roasts and things when I was watching TV growing up. He had a joke book in the book stores.
    Yeah, Uncle Miltie was the first television superstar.

When TV became a thing, he had the talent & was at the right place at the right time. Apparently NBC had no problems signing him up to a 30 year contract in the early 50s. Which is absolutely insane, but makes a bit of sense if you put it in the context of that era. Up until then, things were made to last & everything changed slowly, so 30 years in the perspective back then was quite reasonable.

But then, of course, things changed & Milton Berle was rendered obsolete pretty fast.

Like I said, it must suck to have it all & then losing everything.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by jhale667
    Riiiight... "Look at this hot girl.... SHE'S DYING..."
    If she's not dying, she's already dead.

I won't even ask if this was intentional. I just don't want to know.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    Originally posted by Seshmeister
    Or a grade B band who has his nephew as their manager...

Of course to everyone outside the US we didn't know who the fuck Milton Berle was so in the days before popup captions or the internet the video was just surreal.
    Milton Berle's son managed Van Halen for awhile. The band said he gave them these super nice platinum VH necklaces as presents and the band later found out he charged their account to buy the necklaces. I think Uncle Milty was an American 50's icon. I don't know he used to be on TV shows and roasts and things when I was watching TV growing up. He had a joke book in the book stores.

Leave a comment:

• cadaverdog
    replied
    Thor is Jane Foster, who's dying of cancer, and weilding Mjolnir - is killing her faster.
    In the new Thor movie Natalie Portman plays Jane Foster. This chick dresses up like that for comic conventions and such.

Leave a comment:

• jhale667
    replied
    Well, if seeing a damn fine woman armed with a godly pounding appendage brings you people down, I just don't know what the hell can please you guys.

Cheers!

Riiiight... "Look at this hot girl.... SHE'S DYING..."

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Well, if seeing a damn fine woman armed with a godly pounding appendage brings you people down, I just don't know what the hell can please you guys.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Von Halen
    replied

Geez, way to bring down my thread, assholes...
    No kidding. Par for the course.

Leave a comment:

• jhale667
    replied
    Thor is Jane Foster, who's dying of cancer, and weilding Mjolnir - is killing her faster.

Geez, way to bring down my thread, assholes...

Leave a comment:

• vandeleur
    replied
    Ye of little faith

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    One more...

Smite me, Thor! HARDER!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Oh my lord, it's true...

Sweet lordy jesus.

Kneel before Thor? Well, why the hell not? At this point, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Here's the rest of them:

You're welcome!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    dude keep up ,thor's latest reincarnation is female ... Shakes head and walks off in disappointment.
    Say whaaa????

THOR IS A TRANNY???????

Wow.

Getting pounded by Mjollnir just got a whole new different meaning.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• vandeleur
    replied
    Wasn't Uncle Miltie accepting just about anything at that point in his career?

I'm not saying that what he did in the video was demeaning. After all, dressing up as a woman for comedic purposes is a long standing tradition. Thor himself dressed up as Freyja once. You don't get to see that in the Marvel comics or movies, though.

But the years weren't kind for Uncle Miltie & his comedy style. The guy really fell from grace.

Sometimes I wonder... is it better to have had & lost it all, or to never have had it at all? You can't miss what you didn't have. But losing everything can fuck you up real good.

Cheers!
    Dude keep up ,Thor's latest reincarnation is female ... shakes head and walks off in disappointment.

Leave a comment:

Working...