X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by jhale667

Still would kinda rather build one myself...would be more in the [u]spirit[/i] of replicating the original to me, if that makes sense...
    Agreed ,Bro.

Spirit is the word here. Inspiration is everything.
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• VAN HLN CA
      Foot Soldier
      • Apr 2005

My son asked him to make him his first axe, Chip smiled in a funny way. My teen has no concept of what request he made.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

My brother and I held and examined one for about thirty minutes here at the Guitar Center in the New Orleans area...

First of all, it had terrible action...

The neck was extra wide...

The rust was WAY overexaggerated, as was the corrosion on other metal surfaces...

The neck has this odd greasy feel to it that made me want to immediately wash my hands...

But the overall feel of the neck was junk... High action, strings not centered down the neck with the high E string almost touching the edge towards the body...

I was not very impressed to say the least...

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

The neck has this odd greasy feel to it that made me want to immediately wash my hands...

I was not very impressed to say the least...

Sure it was a guitar you were handling?

IMO there's too many cig burns and scuffs on it for $25.

"FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• cdwillis
            Head Fluffer
            • Feb 2005

It is the antithesis of what the original guitar represents to me. The original was made of seconds that nobody wanted and slapped together because there was nothing like it. It was painted with spray cans with EVH having no idea what he was doing just to be original. It completely lacks the spirit that lies at the core of why the guitar even exists. Shit, I'm glad they made it $25,000 so rich jackasses can spend a bunch of money and not even know what they are really missing out on. It's more of an art piece than a musical instrument. Guitars are made to be played not displayed and I'd never shell out my hard earned money for some garbage like that.
            "I've always been academic. I've trained in martial arts since my 12th birthday. I like contact sports, history books and the fine art of ridicule and sarcasm. I can gang-sign the alphabet and I own a Mercury low-rider. I am a black man trapped in a Jewish body."

Comment

• EDDIEVRULZ
              Roadie
              • Aug 2004

i dig mine

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                The neck was extra wide...
                That's a good thing (especially for someone with hands as large as mine),
                but from the rest of your description, not so much...
                I found it odd the EVH art series has the girly-man 1 5/8" nut width, when Frankie and all his old ones supposedly were 1 3/4"...which are manly-man width necks, and the only width I'll use...
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...