Van Halen to Perform at 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave's Bitch
    replied
    As long as Dave is not mincing about like a filthy old whore with that creepy grin, it won't be so bad. I know that won't happen, but still...

Leave a comment:

• fryingdutchman
    replied
    Originally posted by WARF
    Anyone who is anticipating this live performance is a moron....
    Yup...it's going to be a glorified "Ellen" performance, filled with the same cringe-worthy Dave moments.

Instead of just going out there with the swagger and kicking ass, Dave's going to overplay it and come off looking like an ass again.

Leave a comment:

• fryingdutchman
    replied
    Originally posted by WARF

Dave sings like that dudes wife who got put in the electric shock room from "cat's eye".

And he dances like her too!

Leave a comment:

• chefcraig
    replied
    Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    I have no idea why Zahzoo said country music kept its roots. Maybe he forgot that he posted this on another website himself! Old age...

Hides it better? Well, only if, like me, you don't usually listen to it.

Cheers!
    Astounding...nothing short of it. Nicely, and divinely played.

Leave a comment:

• WARF
    replied

Dave sings like that dudes wife who got put in the electric shock room from "cat's eye".

Leave a comment:

• DLR Bridge
    replied
    You're probably right.

Leave a comment:

• Heater
    replied
    I don't imagine Dave is in the same role/capacity as before he tried to become a movie star. Doubt he's viewed by his bandmates as a 25% part of the team, no way he's compensated as such.
    Ed and Al are probably taking a bigger cut and Wolf and Dave get smaller cuts, shit Ed might pay his son more than Screech.

Leave a comment:

• IceCreamBlondie
    replied
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    They never got marketing. They should be sending Dave around to promote the band. Dave loves to do it but nope. Have Dave go out and give away some free VH and EVH swag and pump up some excitement. They aren't hungry anymore and that's a big part of the problem.

Agreed. Frankly, I would love to see Dave more on the late night talk show circuit.

Leave a comment:

• CVH Rulz
    replied
    Originally posted by FORD
    For the love of God, play something that is NOT "Jump" or "Panama".

Remind these fucking boyband posers and idiots who think a turntable is a musical instrument what REAL rock & roll sounds like.
    Boy bands aren't going to care. They play what THEY like. Are you saying everyone should be rock? That's as bad as expecting VH to sound like they did 30 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• CVH Rulz
    replied
    Common sense would say they will play something everyone knows. I hope it is not Jump, but probably will be Panama or HFT.

Leave a comment:

• FORD
    replied
    I have no idea why Zahzoo said country music kept its roots. Maybe he forgot that he posted this on another website himself! Old age...

Cheers!
    God, that's even better than when a local country station (no longer in existence) made a mashup of Shania Twain's "Any Man of Mine" and Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (both overproduced by Mutt Lange, of course)

Leave a comment:

• VAiN
    replied
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    Nashville is just another who you know and who you blow town. There is no country music anymore. Country music was fiddles, banjos, and guitars and people who really could play them them things and some very well. Blues, country, blue grass it's all folk music. Shit you would burn time doing while the still percolated out white lightning. Then it became producer made pop and ghost musicians and now with the recording industry in chaos that's even going. Who knows where it will end up. Probably still some people playing banjos somewhere but nobody give a shit because nobody is marketing it but you can see it on YouTube.
    Look up Sturgill Simpson.. Probably the most 'old school' new country artist.. I'm a fan.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    Originally posted by FORD
    Nah, country just hides it better, because the Nashville corporate establishment has pretty much always had a stranglehold over that industry, to some extent. Sure you have your exceptions - Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Sr and III (not BoShitFaced!), Waylon, Willie, Merle Haggard, etc. who were capable of writing their own stuff and determining what musical path they wanted to take, but for the most part the country scene is... writers in this barn, singers in that barn, and even with somebody as mega successful as Garth Brooks, the guys you take on the road with you to sold out arenas ain't the ones who play on the records, you're stuck with the session musicians whom the producer wants to use.

Hell, what's the difference between Rascal Flatts and the Backstreet Boys? Other than twangy guitars, not much.
    Nashville is just another who you know and who you blow town. There is no country music anymore. Country music was fiddles, banjos, and guitars and people who really could play them them things and some very well. Blues, country, blue grass it's all folk music. Shit you would burn time doing while the still percolated out white lightning. Then it became producer made pop and ghost musicians and now with the recording industry in chaos that's even going. Who knows where it will end up. Probably still some people playing banjos somewhere but nobody give a shit because nobody is marketing it but you can see it on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Nitro Express
    replied
    Originally posted by DONNIEP
    Yes. And then we'll throw a hate white rally!

I hate white people. The ones who whine and complain about everything. They should all be beat with a sand wedge.

Leave a comment:

• ZahZoo
    replied

Cheers!
    Same roots... same weed patch.

Leave a comment:

Working...