X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    VH3 was a product of Ray Daniel’s convincing Eddie he was the band leader. Dave Roth was the band leader and then Sam filled that role. Ray Daniel’s brought one of his clients in as singer. It was all about more money for Ray and VH3 is the result. I blame Ray for it all.
    Sam's role is interesting when he joined the band. Cause you know by that point Ed and Al wanted more control. Thus why they got rid of Ted, Noel and then made it impossible for Dave to carry on with them.

Sam exerted his control through his manager Ed Leffler who masterfully managed to get the drunken Van Halens to do his bidding. Once Leffler passed Van Hagar was all pretty much done.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
      I’m forever jealous of you lucky #$&*’s who got to see/hear/experience RUSH in their prime.
      Saw them at Red rocks in 2004. The first of out three times they played there. Rained, sucked, then rained some more. For a three piece they were a powerhouse of noise, excellent light show and of course Geddy can't sing worth a shit but he didn't need to. He's Geddy Lee and Geddy Lee "does what he's wanna."

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm sure it was discussed at length at the time but I had forgotten that by the end of the final tour the only song left in the set from ADKOT was 'She's the Woman' and for most of it the only other one was 'China Town'.
        Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-15-2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
          Saw them at Red rocks in 2004. The first of out three times they played there. Rained, sucked, then rained some more. For a three piece they were a powerhouse of noise, excellent light show and of course Geddy can't sing worth a shit but he didn't need to. He's Geddy Lee and Geddy Lee "does what he's wanna."
          The R30 tour, I would say they were still very much in their prime.

I couldn't get a ticket for the Scottish gig and had to fly to England to see it.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            Ed wasn’t much of a singer either.
            He never claimed he was. What Eddie could do is shit out one hell of a tune - literally.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Didn't mention it was a Dave demo...

Looking at an old thread I had completely forgotten that Flex was actually a cover of a a 1994 song but he just changed the name.

So maybe risking plagiarism giving that to the Van Halen's and asking them to do something with it?

Comment

• Jetstream
                Foot Soldier
                • Dec 2011

The album was a joy to listen to and proof after so many years that there was and always will be a strange chemistry between Dave and Ed which works... BTW, one can sing the verses from "Sensible Shoes" to the verses of "Tattoo" and they work seamlessly
                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...