Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If he's playing Van Hagar shit I don't care one way or the other. By having Satriani play Mean Street they implied they were going to play Classic Van Halen songs which is maybe just a typically slimy move to sell tickets but if they actually do it then that would be a disgrace.

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      If he's playing Van Hagar shit I don't care one way or the other. By having Satriani play Mean Street they implied they were going to play Classic Van Halen songs which is maybe just a typically slimy move to sell tickets but if they actually do it then that would be a disgrace.
      They said they are going to.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I feared that but I couldn't face watching more than the first few minutes.

Fuck all of them.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

So Sam doesn't "have a drinking problem"? Yeah, okay, has he looked in the fucking mirror lately?

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Listened to some of it while doing yard work today. Sam sounds like shit! He blamed it on trying to sing at 7 am. Ain't gonna be any better at 9 pm!
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I feared that but I couldn't face watching more than the first few minutes.

Fuck all of them.
              I couldn't face watching any of it, and haven't; am just going off whatever type I've read online.

I just...couldn't be bothered in the least to watch Hagar, Anthony, Satriani and Bonham play a CVH tune...in ANY year, much less 2024.

As you said, if they wanna go out and play Van Hagar stuff, whatever. Fine. At least Hagar sang those tunes. I didn't want to hear Hagar sing the two or three CVH tunes Sam Halen played over and over again when Van Hagar was touring from 1986 to 1994 - Jump, Panama, Ain't Talking 'Bout Love (for some reason I seem to recall hearing Van Hagar doing THEIR live take on CVH's cover of YRGM as well, along with hearing them do...Unchained in 2004, I think) - and sure as shit don't want to hear Hagar singing any CVH tunes other than those three they did in the 80's/90's.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The ad for the tour has Panama, RWTD, and ATBL listed on it. And, worst of all, a bastardized version of the CVH "wings" logo, minus the wings.

They're also bringing Satriani's keyboardist, Rai Thistlethwayte on tour. Hagar wants to be able to jam out the end of the songs and not have to stop when the tape does.
                Last edited by twonabomber; 11-16-2023, 11:23 PM.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Can you imagine how pissed off about this AVH and DLR are?

I'm not bothered about how they feel really though I just think it is so fucking wrong for all sorts of reasons.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      The ad for the tour has Panama, RWTD, and ATBL listed on it. And, worst of all, a bastardized version of the CVH "wings" logo, minus the wings.

They're also bringing Satriani's keyboardist, Rai Thistlethwayte on tour. Hagar wants to be able to jam out the end of the songs and not have to stop when the tape does.
                      Hagar should never be allowed to attempt RWTD again. It was fucking criminal when he tried it with Van Hagar..... (watch at your own risk)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Hagar should never be allowed to attempt RWTD again. It was fucking criminal when he tried it with Van Hagar..... (watch at your own risk)

I don’t dare watch this. It would make me shit worse than if I ate a pile of greasy tacos and finished it off with a pint of castor oil.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

People who knew Eddie said he worked his ass off getting fit and digging out of the hole he fell into. Just having his teeth fixed was a big deal. By the time that last tour started Ed looked great. Sad he went but at least he went with his dignity restored.

Sam slipped and made fun that Eddie was gone. Al has to be livid. Sam doesn’t care about the Van Halen family. Al only played with Ed his whole life. I get why he’s not doing anything showbiz wise. Al has nothing to prove. He was a motherfucker on that last tour. He drummed great.

Comment

• Silexxx
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Sep 2010

Remember when VH was on ADKOT tour and he tried to claim that the 2004 tour and those 3 shitty BOBW-cd songs were better than ADKOT and "the last good thing band ever did" or something like that?

My bet is that soon Hagar will start to claim that "this is the best thing band has done since my time in the band" or "this is the real ending to the band" and that "Eddie is here with us in spirit" or some crap like that.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                              They said they are going to.
                              The Red Cocker & Chicken Foot presents The Big Disgrace Tour starring special guest Lover Toy.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Silexxx
                                Remember when VH was on ADKOT tour and he tried to claim that the 2004 tour and those 3 shitty BOBW-cd songs were better than ADKOT and "the last good thing band ever did" or something like that?

My bet is that soon Hagar will start to claim that "this is the best thing band has done since my time in the band" or "this is the real ending to the band" and that "Eddie is here with us in spirit" or some crap like that.

It’s time for you to sing bitch! Ha! Ha!

Comment

Working...