X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LightningBolt
    That should have come with a "Viewer Discretion is Advised" warning . FWIW, that singer fully committed to imitating Hagar. Very bizarre, but whatever.

My 2-year old girl is a budding CVH fan. She goes nuts whenever I play video of the 1982 Largo or 1984 Montreal shows. Hopefully, my 8-month old son will follow suit.

A couple of months ago, I was playing the "Panama" music video on YouTube for her when I had to run to the kitchen to make a bottle for the little dude. After a minute or so, both kids started crying and it quickly turned into a full meltdown. Over their crying I could hear the video had changed over to something else, which I assumed was a YT commercial. Nope, YT auto played "Summer Nights" from Live Without a Net. Yuck!!! Once I realized what the problem was, I was proud of both of them for the appropriate reaction to such utter dreck. Crisis was quickly averted after I switched that mistake off.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Silexxx

I guess this is Dave's response to Hag. Uploaded an hour ago.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
        This video is easily the most vicious takedown of the fat klown I have ever seen. Beyond awesome!

Though douchebag slags Uncle Dave too much.
        Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-24-2023, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          This video is easily the most vicious takedown of the fat klown I have ever seen. Beyond awesome!

Though douchebag slags Uncle Dave too much.
          He's done a couple on Sam that are much "nicer"...

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

You know what is interesting is that he never mentions anything about his previous bands.

Why was he not sobbing for years about getting FIRED from Montrose? Yes, he tries to put a revisionist spin on it, but I spoke once about it with the guy at Warner Brothers who actually did fire him.

He never cries "WHYY??? WHY OH WHY OH WHY DOESN'T PEEPULS DEMAND TO HEAR "3 LOCK BOX"? I WAS FAMOUS!!! I WAS SOMEBODY BEFORE I MET VAN HALEN!"

He has a back catalog of at least 10 songs from the 70s. Why is the simple-minded fuck not crying about them?

That's easy. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHAT HE WAS DOING AS A SOLO ARTIST!!!!

His shit is so lame that Rick Springfield did one of his songs.

The Spamuel Legacy is one of absolute baby-food level bullshit!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17330[/ATTACH]
            Good point. Sam got the gig because Ed was offering it to anyone with a pulse. A couple people were offered it and they refused. Ed just liked that Sammy could screech in a higher range so he didn’t have to tune down and squeal his guitar more.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That was just more lies they told at the time. 5150 was tuned down - EEAS wasn't.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

You know what is interesting is that he never mentions anything about his previous bands.

Why was he not sobbing for years about getting FIRED from Montrose? Yes, he tries to put a revisionist spin on it, but I spoke once about it with the guy at Warner Brothers who actually did fire him.

He never cries "WHYY??? WHY OH WHY OH WHY DOESN'T PEEPULS DEMAND TO HEAR "3 LOCK BOX"? I WAS FAMOUS!!! I WAS SOMEBODY BEFORE I MET VAN HALEN!"

He has a back catalog of at least 10 songs from the 70s. Why is the simple-minded fuck not crying about them?

That's easy. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT WHAT HE WAS DOING AS A SOLO ARTIST!!!!

His shit is so lame that Rick Springfield did one of his songs.

The Spamuel Legacy is one of absolute baby-food level bullshit!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17330[/ATTACH]

Oi, oi, oi, oi.............!

...c'mon, man!

...Rick Springfield wasn't all THAT bad...
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                  Oi, oi, oi, oi.............!

...c'mon, man!

...Rick Springfield wasn't all THAT bad...
                  Yeah. I'm not a Rick fan, but he isn't a lying bag of flamming opportunist grifting dogshit Hagar is! I'm also guessing "Jessie's Girl" is far more popular and generates way more revenue than "I Can't Drive (a stickshift)" does...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Rick was on Californication. no way Hagar would ever have gotten on that...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      Yeah. I'm not a Rick fan, but he isn't a lying bag of flamming opportunist grifting dogshit Hagar is! I'm also guessing "Jessie's Girl" is far more popular and generates way more revenue than "I Can't Drive (a stickshift)" does...
                      I liked the Living In Oz album when it came out.

Only recently found out he was a pedophile back in the day with Linda Blair from the Exorcist in the mid 70s.

Success came late to Springfield, he is the same age as Gene Simmons. He was 24 she was 14 but like the Bill Wyman thing there was no prosecution because her mum liked Rick.

She looked her age too...

The 1970s was a different world...

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Damm

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Sam’s rocket blew up on the pad. Him and Howard Stern can crash and burn together.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I liked the Living In Oz album when it came out.

Only recently found out he was a pedophile back in the day with Linda Blair from the Exorcist in the mid 70s.

Success came late to Springfield, he is the same age as Gene Simmons. He was 24 she was 14 but like the Bill Wyman thing there was no prosecution because her mum liked Rick.

She looked her age too...

The 1970s was a different world...

Oooofff, no idea that happened. I recall Rick was a huge soap star on "General Hospital" I think is my earliest recollection of him and JG came out and he had sort of a music career, but was always with a foot in two buckets of acting and singing. Jesus, Linda Blair isn't even the slighest bit cute there...

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

I remember hearing about that relationship via one of those E! True Hollywood Stories (remember those?) shows about Linda Blair, which I saw in the very late 1990's or the very early 2000's. The program didn't really dwell on the age difference too much but did mention that the two had met in the mid-70's when Blair was in her mid-teens and Springfield was in his twenties...and from what I remember of the show the two had met at, like, either the Roxy, or the Starwood or one of those L.A. rock star hangouts.

I don't remember having heard about the relationship prior to that E! program...like, when Springfield broke big with GH and JG in... I wanna say, 1981 (?), I can't recall it having been mentioned in the media blitz that he and Blair had dated.

Funny, in that with all the publicity over various rock star pedophiles in the last ten years or so in the wake of the MeToo movement, Springfield's name isn't one that gets brought up. I suppose it's because Springfield has been washed up career-wise for so long. No matter, Rick will always be #1 in Linda's (and my) heart.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...