Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jérôme Frenchise
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Nov 2004

... and she had a nice pair of shields as well.
    posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
    posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

She was pretty good looking in her younger years. I was lucky. I would see her when she was in her teens and 20’s. Her mom was a bit of a bitch.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
        ... and she had a nice pair of shields as well.
        . Well my friend got knocked down by her ass. He was lucky. She backed into him. He loved it!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Well Slavey’s was quite the place. A place of legend that is no longer there but the Pioneer Saloon is still there and still serving great steaks in the back.

Last edited by Nitro Express; 11-26-2023, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

24 and 14? I'm not even that pervy.

I seem to remember the EEAS interview on Rockline where they were talking about hanging out at the Rainbow and one of the guys made the joke about going out with girls that were too young to drink and letting them drive.
            Last edited by twonabomber; 11-26-2023, 04:22 PM.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• silverfish
              Foot Soldier
              • Mar 2007

Back on topic - why the heck is his new tour called the Best of All Worlds?
              You have one VH singer, one VH bass player and guitar/keyboard/drummer hired guns.
              I realize it's a BOBW play on words but it doesn't even make sense. Of 7 members you have 2.
              Granted, one is dead but still - TWO, you jackass. How is 2 of 7 the BEST?!...
              Six of seven might make for a "Best tour" but 2?!...
              I suppose a case could be made for playing the "best" songs from all eras (like that's gonna happen)
              but effin' eff me.
              They don't make an eye rolling emoji big enough...
              Originally posted by sadaist
              I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                24 and 14? I'm not even that pervy.

I seem to remember the EEAS interview on Rockline where they were talking about hanging out at the Rainbow and one of the guys made the joke about going out with girls that were too young to drink and letting them drive.
                I think it’s an ego thing. I think for most guys they are attracted to women more their age. You liked teens when you were a teen. You liked the dirty 30’s when you were in your 30’s. It’s the dumb rich guys who like to go after the young bimbos or use their power to exploit young ass.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                  You have one VH singer, one VH bass player and guitar/keyboard/drummer hired guns.
                  I realize it's a BOBW play on words but it doesn't even make sense. Of 7 members you have 2.
                  I suppose a case could be made for playing the "best" songs from all eras (like that's gonna happen)
                  but effin' eff me.
                  You can spell FAIL so many ways with this project.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by silverfish
                    but effin' eff me.
                    Look, what the tour is being billed as in terms of a subtitle - be it Best of All Worlds (which I assume is referring to both Hagar's solo career and his time with Van Halen along with the CVH tunes they will play, because naturally in Sam's mind what he did as a solo artist and as a member of Van Halen is on par with what CVH did) or whatever it is billed as - is a side issue.

The key factor is this upcoming tour represents Hagar's only remaining avenue left from which to cash in on his association with Van Halen.

Hagar is doubtless still pissed because after the hub-bub of 1985-1986 died down, slowly but surely less and less people gave a shit about Van Halen while Hagar was in it.

In terms of Van Halen, after the initial period of Roth splitting/Hagar joining and the success of the 5150 album died down, the biggest media splash the band made subsequent to that was when Hagar was shown the door and reports of Roth rejoining surfaced in the early summer of 1996. To add insult to injury, Eddie had apparently already went behind Hagar's back before Hagar had been explicitly told he was out of the band and reached out to Dave, broaching the subject of Dave returning to work on some stuff for the BOV1 album. Myself, I think Eddie had probably been thinking of doing something with Dave as far back as the Balance tour when the relationship between him and Hagar was beginning to sour. I'd be willing to bet Ed wasn't just thinking about doing a song or two for a greatest hits album where Dave was concerned, either. Hagar was reduced to a barely mentioned aspect in the summer of 1996 when news of Roth working with the band leaked a couple months in advance of the BOV1 album release. Nobody was asking what happened with regard to Hagar because people were too busy buzzing over Roth returning. When Roth left in 1985, the industry and fans were in a furor over Roth leaving and wondering if the band would even survive. When Sam left in 1996, the industry and fans were in a furor over Roth returning and nobody was wondering about Sammy Hagar.

After the debacle of 1996 was over, Hagar went on to release Marching to Mars, which didn't even manage to go Gold. The biggest things Hagar has done since leaving Van Halen in 1996? A co-headlining tour with Dave and a Van Hagar reunion tour in 2004 in support of three new Van Hagar tracks recorded in 2004 for the second Van Halen greatest hits album to be put out in under ten years. The three 2004 new Van Hagar tracks flopped and the 2004 tour is universally thought of as being just as bad as (in some ways an even lower point than) the Van Halen III years. A few years later, Sam releases his tell-all book and airs all the dirty linen about that 2004 experience out to dry in public.

Roth ended his CVH time in Van Halen going out on top commercially, his departure created a major stir and he hit the ground running with the biggest solo release of his career.

Hagar ended his 1980's-1990's Sam Halen years with Balance, an album that sold quite a bit less than the other Van Hagar albums which came before, his departure was totally overshadowed by Dave's return and Hagar's solo career was a shadow of what THAT used to be in commercial terms before he joined Van Halen.

Roth's second public go-around with Van Halen in 1996 kinda ended before it really got a chance to get going, though managing to cause quite a stir nonetheless. The third public go-around after a shaky start became a success. It lasted just under a decade, resulting in three major tours and an album that in spite of being warmed over demo leftovers managed to conjure up some of the fire and spirit the band once had with Dave all those years ago.

During that time, Hagar formed a supergroup with a niche shredder guitarist leftover from the 1980's and the least interesting member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Eventually, his supergroup ended up having to go with the guitar player from the Busboys (because when one thinks of the Busboys, naturally one thinks of the guitar work).

All the time, Hagar was hoping for HIS reunion tour with Van Halen...a REAL reunion tour which featured Eddie playing well juxtaposed to the reunion tour he actually had with Van Halen when Ed was befuddled. Throughout Roth's 2006-2015 tenure with Van Halen and even beyond, Hagar never failed to take an opportunity in an interview to let it be known that he'd be up for another Van Halen reunion.

The 2nd Van Hagar reunion Sammy wanted never happened. He never got to have a capstone at the end of his career be a sold-out tour of large venues for huge up-front guarantees fronting Van Halen that wasn't considered a low point in the band's career, which is what 2004 always will be.

Now, with Eddie gone, he never will get that capstone. David Lee Roth, much to Hagar's chagrin, got that. So, now Sammy has to make do the best he can with whatever is left. Ed's dead, and the remaining Van Halens along with Dave wisely want nothing to do with it. So, Sammy has to do his best to summon up his cheap salesman patter (at least Roth's huckster rap had a bit of wit and humor) to connive the gullible into emptying their pockets by attaching the Van Halen legend to his upcoming tour.

About the only thing I can currently be thankful for is that Hagar was unable to get licensing for the previously recorded audio and image rights to Eddie Van Halen, because otherwise we'd be seeing a hologram of Eddie performing onstage instead of Satriani.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      I think it’s an ego thing. I think for most guys they are attracted to women more their age. You liked teens when you were a teen. You liked the dirty 30’s when you were in your 30’s. It’s the dumb rich guys who like to go after the young bimbos or use their power to exploit young ass.
                      Look, Rick did everything for Linda...she did nothing for him. All she wanted was a whole lot of money, anything anyone else says is just jive, honey.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Now we know who inspired the song. Well Linda got more cock ran a hen house with a horny rooster locked in it.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

The biggest myth is your daughter got famous in Hollywood and is still a virgin.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Wouldn't be hard to believe more than a few underage actors and actresses who came up in the television/movie/music industries prior to the MeToo movement were subjected to various types of unwanted sexual advances by various producers, industry workers or co-stars.

Like, with Linda Blair, it wasn't exactly a secret by the time her arrest in late 1977/early 1978 that she had spent her teens partying in Hollywood with the likes of Keith Moon, Black Sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd and such people. It was just that her coke bust made it all the more explicit.

Or more recently with the likes of Lindsay Lohan, running around drunk and coked up while clubbing in her late teens with the likes of Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie. Ended up pissing her film career down the toilet, just like Blair had a quarter-century earlier.

Nowadays, the biggest myth is that your daughter who is doing 5-minute yoga videos and micro-bikini/lingerie try-ons on her TikTok didn't link that page to a premium OnlyFans account where she definitely isn't masturbating to subscribers who pay her $39.99 a month (or pay a thousand to meet her in person and get blown by her).
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Satch was the most boring performer at the G3. Steve Vai did some interesting piece on a multi neck guitar and Steve has an image. Yngwie was amusing with all his Marshall stacks, guitar spinning and kicks. It’s comical because he was overweight at the time. But it’s fun to watch someone tear it up who’s that good. Satch was just boring. It was like watching some nerdy kid wanking off at Guitar Center.

The type of people who like Sammy and Satriani are the same type of people who liked to put their sister’s tampons up their ass.
                              I've never been to a whole show but watching lots of clips of these things and knowing a lot of their work. if I could choose any of them to swap guitar playing ability in a Tom Hanks BIG way I can't be the only person that thinks about stuff like this a lot ) it would be Paul Gilbert.

I never listen to Mr Big or Racer X or whatever but in that environment he seems to be streaks ahead of any of the others in the moment and so much more versatile.

As far as Satriani getting involved with this or Chickenfoot in general I guess he needs to pay the bills.

The whole Chickenfoot thing to me sounds so fucking lazy and shit though. The songs sound like each album was written in a morning. It really shows how important that extra zing of being able to write great songs that Roth and Ed Van Halen had is.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                                Wouldn't be hard to believe more than a few underage actors and actresses who came up in the television/movie/music industries prior to the MeToo movement were subjected to various types of unwanted sexual advances by various producers, industry workers or co-stars.

Like, with Linda Blair, it wasn't exactly a secret by the time her arrest in late 1977/early 1978 that she had spent her teens partying in Hollywood with the likes of Keith Moon, Black Sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd and such people. It was just that her coke bust made it all the more explicit.
                                I still find that 1970s underage groupies thing very weird and creepy. If say (and it has to have happened quite often) a drunk/coked Van Halen member in the early years had consensual sex with an underage groupie from time to time it's not good but it's understandable. What is super creepy is 30+ year old guys like Jimmy Page and Bill Wyman having long relationships with 14 year olds. Apart from anything else what did they talk about - how J'enny gave Matt a love bite after hockey practice and the new math teacher is just gross.' Really?

Comment

Working...