X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

Kerry Snubs Allawi

Sgt. Schultz hereby makes his prediction.
    This development makes the election a done deal - Bush will win for sure. Kerry has lost it and has gone off the deep end of left wing kookery. All he needs to do is let out a DeanScream.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Iraqi interim prime minister Ayad Allawi declared Thursday that his country is moving successfully past the war that ousted Saddam Hussein and vowed that elections will take place next year as scheduled.

"Elections will occur in Iraq on time in January because Iraqis want elections on time," Allawi told a joint meeting of Congress.

"We could hold elections tomorrow" in 15 of 18 provinces, he said, even though terror operatives hope to disrupt them.

"The insurgency in Iraq is destructive but small, and it has not and will never resonate with the Iraqi people," Allawi said.

He cautioned, however, that the election may not come off perfectly. But he assured it will be free and fair, "a giant step" in Iraq's political evolution.

Allawi's speech before Congress - one of his first to a wider audience than those in Iraq - was punctuated by warm applause and standing ovations. Allawi joined in the applause and smiled broadly as he mingled among the lawmakers afterward.

John Kerry's Reaction
    ``The prime minister and the president are here obviously to put their best face on the policy, but the fact is that the CIA estimates, the reporting, the ground operations and the troops all tell a different story,'' Kerry said.

Allawi told a joint meeting of Congress that democratic elections will take place in Iraq in January as scheduled, but Kerry said that was unrealistic.

``The United States and the Iraqis have retreated from whole areas of Iraq,'' Kerry told reporters outside a Columbus firehouse. ``There are no-go zones in Iraq today. You can't hold an election in a no-go zone.''

Kerry's remarks come one day after he told The Associated Press that President Bush's statement that a ``handful'' of people are willing to kill to stop progress in Iraq was a blunder that showed he was avoiding reality.

``George Bush let Osama bin Laden escape at Tora Bora,'' Kerry said in a brief interview Wednesday. ``George Bush retreated from Fallujah and other communities in Iraq which are now overrun with terrorists and threaten our troops. And George Bush said on the record we can't win the war on terror.

``And even today, he blundered again saying there are only a handful of terrorists in Iraq,'' Kerry said. ``I think he's living in a make believe world.''

``I don't think he's providing the leadership we need,'' Kerry said. ``I will do a better job of dealing with Iraq and winning the war and fighting the war on terror, period.''
    +++++++++++++++++++++==

What an asshole. THis is definately who we want as Commander in Chief. Yikes.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Allawi is a BCE puppet. As Hamid Karzai was and is.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Kerry wants us to lose in Iraq. It helps his campaign.

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

chicken and egg.

you assume he's hoping for a loss, because it'll help him.

but is it at all possible that he sees a loss coming (or at least not a clear-cut win) and wishes to try and change that?

i mean, john mccain is voting for president bush. definitely. but he doesn't feel overly strong about iraq, either. does he want us to lose?

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

No, McCain wants to win...that's why he's voting for Bush and not Kerry.

Comment

• freak
            Sniper
            • May 2004

Re: Kerry Snubs Allawi

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz
            What an asshole. THis is definately who we want as Commander in Chief. Yikes.
            I don't think you need to worry about that. He's toast.
            The only chance he has is via lawsuits and hanging chads.

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
              It's very easy to be in your position, but you know it's not as black and white as that. Not at all.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Hey, its the truth. If tomorrow there was peace and prosperity in Iraq, Bush would win in a landslide.

If the bodybags keep coming back, votes go to Kerry.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

No, McCain wants to win...that's why he's voting for Bush and not Kerry.
                  but he's criticizing the iraqi war so far, right? what's the difference between constructive and negative criticism? party affiliation?

and...did reagan want the economy to remain bad so that he could beat carter?

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                    but he's criticizing the iraqi war so far, right? what's the difference between constructive and negative criticism? party affiliation?

excellent (like Monty Burns)
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Kerry has nothing constructive to offer as far as Iraq. He wants us to go to the UN (ie. France and Germany) for support. Once the UN troops get in there, it's time to get ours out.

That's not a plan.

He has something to personally gain by his 'criticism' of the war. Damn straight he's going to criticise it, even if he secretly agrees with it.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Dean scream, Dean scream, Dean scream...c'mon chant along...Dean scream, Dean scream, Dean scream.....
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Wayne L.

John Kerry just shot himself in the foot with his far left liberal rhetoric after the speech by Iraqi interim prime minister ruining any chances of possibly defeating George W. Bush in November but did anybody actually think he would win anyway.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner

Come on KB, we all know better. You're certainly smarter than to believe what you're saying, and that leaves the "devil's advocate" angle as the only possible route you're taking.

Kerry's toast. He will say anything, to any group, if he thinks it'll help his chances this November. He's proven such to be true.

About McCain... I don't know what this love fest with John McCain is all about. He's no conservative, and in fact, I'm not sure why he even calls himself a Republican. I really have issues with McCain. He seems like a decent enough fellow, but damn what an opportunist! He's the media's #1 turncoat Republican, and I think the limelight has affected his better judgement. And he's just lapping up the attention. I can tell you with conviction, if McCain ran for President, I'd have a very tough time voting for him. I respect him infinitely for his service to this country as a Vet. But I think he's become an animal of politics. He apparently lives off of attention. It's kinda sad really.

Comment

• tobinentinc
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2004

Kerry wants to turn it into another vietnam, he saw how it worked then, and is trying to do it now.
                              http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

Working...