View Poll Results: Best Guitaris for Dave??

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • STEVE VAI

25 58.14%
  • TERRY KILGORE

4 9.30%
  • JOHN LOWERY

9 20.93%
  • BRIAN YOUNG

5 11.63%

Thread: Best Guitarist for DAVE?

TMR

Best Guitarist for DAVE?

Best Guitarist for DAVE?

TMR
    Ed's in love with SPAM!!!!!!!

FMF
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    TMR, you know I am still with you on this one!
    Bring back EEAS!
    Yeah right she says, maybe in your dreams!

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ..ever heard of a chap name of edward ?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    John Lowery.. He's the only guitarist besides Edward that Dave sounds right with...

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    VAI.

DLR7884
    Best album Dave did solo was with VAI, and it wasn't Skyscraper.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Depends on what Dave's doing... VH stuff obviously Ed's the choice. Solo stuff & copy tunes... Brian & Toshi are doing just fine.

Down the road though... I think Dave could do a great collaboration w/ Billy, Dusty & Frank that Little Ole Band from Texas, ZZ Top!!
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

TMR
    Originally posted by Hoongood
    TMR, you know I am still with you on this one!
    Bring back EEAS!
    Absolutely, The ROCK WORLD would be saved by the best!

Only if they knew the potential of the greatest band ever....

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Eddie V.

All the others are a distant second at best.

TMR
    Originally posted by Terry
    Eddie V.

All the others are a distant second at best.
    Sorry dude.....Eddie V===LOSER!

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I am going to say EVH because... well there is unfinished business there..
    Solo
    John Lowery..
    I loved the DLRBAND
    I liked Vai but didn't think he fit with Dave..
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    who voted for Terry Kilgore?

TMR
    I have no clue, probably Kilgore voted for himself one time....lol
    Sorry Ed doesn't stand a chance!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    young all the way. he kicks ass.
    We're gonna leave you smokin like the slow guy in Chernobyl

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    how did kilgore get more votes?

Orgazmo
    Dude, where is Jason Becker??!!

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck the guitarists, Dave would be better served to do an accoustic solo gig.

Summer is just around the corner!

YankeeRose
    Dave's post-VH work is top notch..it is where I got my username after all...I loved Vai in Crossroads before i knew of his connection to Dave...as a matter of fact, of the more than 250 DLR/VH pics I have gathered from the internet, two of the six I printed out to photo today at work were with Vai. Like this one..

YankeeRose
    damn, that blonde with the glasses is a foine man...

YankeeRose
    ahem...

back to topic...Dave's voice and Eddie-Boy's guitar were created to go together. There is nothing that compliments one as much as the other does.

"I once heard somebody say to the Van Halens..You guys play the music, the Jew sells it! Well your fuckin' right, and now that I'm gone, Van Halen sucks!!"

As much as his actions piss me off, as bad as I wanna bitch-slap him...I gotta go with EVH. Daves sexy-as-hell-gets-me-drippin' voice and that guitar that sounds like oral sex feels...Gotta be EVH.

Last Gasp
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    John Lowery.. He's the only guitarist besides Edward that Dave sounds right with...
    I agree ... good point!

Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I dont know why, but I would have liked to see Steve Stevens team up with Dave. While not the virtuoso of some of the other mentioned guitarists here, I think Steve's personality and riff writing might have suited Dave. Might have cracked another Top40 with that combo.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

bjaramil
    Jason Becker/John Lowery

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wish Lowery would have stuck around for another couple records and tours, instead of selling out to the Manson cash cow where he doesn't even have to play anything but mindless noise.

Still waiting to hear what Dave's current band can really do in the studio.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Skills That Thrill
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't blame him for selling out. Shit.. it's a business.
    But the shaving of the eyebrows and stuff like that.. well...

The DLRARMY Interviewed him last year. I have it here on tape.. I just haven't posted it yet
    Sarge

Kirdee
    Originally posted by Panamark
    I dont know why, but I would have liked to see Steve Stevens team up with Dave. While not the virtuoso of some of the other mentioned guitarists here, I think Steve's personality and riff writing might have suited Dave. Might have cracked another Top40 with that combo.
    I definitely agree. I've heard some of Stevens' stuff and he sometimes even sounds similar to Eddie...

i.e. That awesome five-minute solo in Funkcaution.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TMR
    Sorry dude.....Eddie V===LOSER!

As far as Ed's personality and personal habits, from what I've read, I'd have to agree.

In terms of musicianship and complimenting what Dave does on vocals, Roth will never find another foil like Eddie.

Not to say that Vai, Becker, Kilgore and the rest aren't talented. Not at all. Just something about the Roth/Van Halen chemistry that produces music a cut above what either can do when they're apart.

Gmoney
    Another vote for Vai...

Roth once played with the best guitarist on the planet, but now he is just a drunken shadow of himself....RIP!!!

dtuna
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    ...Down the road though... I think Dave could do a great collaboration w/ Billy, Dusty & Frank that Little Ole Band from Texas, ZZ Top!!
    Yes! I've said the same thing many times, over at Von's. If not the whole band, then at least with Billy G.

Otherwise, Eddie's the man for Dave, and there is no other.

Your Own Personal Satan
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know, that is one of the best posts I have ever read!

Roth on brother!!

who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    who is sammy hagar?
    David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million more albums than Classic Van Halen. Every time he talks he utters nothing but lies and sounds like a sack of assholes. Sarge told me that Bette Midler and Sammy Hagar are the same person. For a laugh please ask me who Bette Midler is. Thanks for your time. ..David Lee Roth says that Sammy Hagar is a bridge drone troll. I think he is a complete whiney bitch who is deathly afraid of the success that Classic Van Halen had that he could never live up to. Bluntly put he is just an old angry man who lives in a delusional fantasy world in which Van Hagar sold 20 million
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Thread Information