X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • singerman
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

roth/vai

does anyone know if roth and vai ever considered getting back together?....did they part as friends?
  • sambo
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

Apparently (and I've seen a good explanation somewhere on these boards) they were just going in different directions musically. They parted as friends and said they could work with eachother again given the right circumstances and opportunities.

There was, and still is I guess, a healthy respect between them.

Although I wouldn't mind another EEAS.
    Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• singerman
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

thanks for the reply sambo.....yeah another EEAS great!...i reckon it would do them both good to get back together....even for an album and tour

Comment

• tydhurst
        Commando
        • Mar 2004

It would be really swish, but it probrably ain't gonna happen.
        Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• col5150
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Vai's too busy being the guitar god that he is to bother bout dave, he sells out gigs every time to guitar players and there wives and girlfriends that have been dragged along to the shows.

i saw the g3 tour earlier this year satriani came on with an old beanie had, hoodie and combats lookin like just about anybody off the street, then when vai came on he was dressed like lawerence llewn bowen with a electric fan at the front of the stage where he stood so his hair would blow back whilst he was playing.

The guys a musical genius!, but whith his playing these days dave and him wouldnt gel

Comment

• Mr. G
            Roadie
            • Jun 2004

As different as Vai's stuff is to Dave's these days I think he could do it pretty easily. I mean "Flexible" was pre-Dave and steve had no problem gelling. The problem is, does he want to. I think he should join Dave at least for an album ot two just for my benefit.

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Didnt dave say in his book that Vai isnt a band type guitarist?
              something in that mannerism..

Steve doesnt need anything..hes popular enough on his own..
              dave doesnt want it or we woulda head something already, id
              bank on DLR & Sheehan reuniting before Vai..

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Although id be first in line for EEAS reunion in chi town are you kidding
                me??
                killer thought!

EUAS

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Steve Vai really is a solo artist...from bouncing around between Zappa, Alcatrazz, Roth, Whitesnake, so on and so forth...his personal niche is as a solo artist, period, I think.

Still, I wouldn't complain too much about hearing a few new songs. I haven't ever been a big Vai fan, so to speak, but anything Dave does is good with me...
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• TongueNGroove
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Vai definately has too much of his own thing going on to fool with Dave's Ego. Steve used Dave as a step up into the mainstream, no way would he deal with Dave's Ego now that he doesn't have to.
                    -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Vai is too busy with his Bees to put the time and effort into recording and touring with DAVE. He'd rather hit the road with this portly Gent!!!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

I saw them together many (too many) years ago and they seem to be having a blast together on stage. There was, at least at that time, great chemistry between them.
                        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Carmine
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Dave said Vai went "widdley, widdley", and he cut him loose.

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
                            Vai definately has too much of his own thing going on to fool with Dave's Ego. Steve used Dave as a step up into the mainstream, no way would he deal with Dave's Ego now that he doesn't have to.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
                              Back under the rock please, Patrick...
                              <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...