• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Newborn Twins Named Yasser and Arafat

Newborn Twins Named Yasser and Arafat

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When Safra Hassan went into labor Thursday, she told her husband she wanted to name their child Yasser after Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who died hours earlier.

It was only in the delivery room at Gaza's Shifa Hospital that Hassan, 32, discovered she was carrying twin boys.

"I looked at my husband and I said, we will call them Yasser and Arafat," she told The Associated Press. "I'm so proud that the name of Yasser Arafat will be in my house every day, just as the name of Yasser Arafat will be in every Palestinian house forever."

The boys, each weighing about 4 1/2 pounds, are doing well, doctors said. Safra Hassan and her husband, Rafiq, have two other children, a 7-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son.

Safra Hassan said naming her infants for Arafat was a small gesture compared to the sacrifices he made in pursuit of Palestinian statehood.

"I hope that my children will grow up in peace and will witness Yasser Arafat's dreams become reality," she said.
    Roth Army Militia
  • Vivian Campbell
    Head Fluffer
    • Oct 2004

WHAT?! I guess "Ass" and "Hole" were already taken.
    The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Comment

• JCOOK

Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
      WHAT?! I guess "Ass" and "Hole" were already taken.
      Good one VC, LMAO!

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Yes, please honor the man most responsible for keeping your people locked into terrible poverty and disenfrachisment.

Just like we do here!
        gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
          Yes, please honor the man most responsible for keeping your people locked into terrible poverty and disenfrachisment.

Just like we do here!
          Are you saying you know someone who named their twins "Junior" and "Chimpy"??
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Snow Ho
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            no thats why *ass* and *hole* were taken

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

FORD, thanks for making sure our sheepish friends understood my observation.

I bet there's a good many mouthbreathers that christened their spawn "George" in the last few weeks. That would be an interesting little factoid...
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime

I bet there's a good many mouthbreathers that christened their spawn "George" in the last few weeks. That would be an interesting little factoid...
                My mother has been suggesting it for when I have kids, but not for the Busheep conclusion you'd jump to. She had lost an uncle George to the mines when she was little and keeps pushing the name idea to me.

He's not a junior.

Roth Army Militia

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
                  He's not a junior.

That's the joke sweetie
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

well then, I obviously didn't, and still don't, get it. All I know is that everyone calls him junior and he's not, I guess cuz I actually have name situations like that in my family.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...