Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

It is very possible they did overdub the tracks. that was often practiced in that era.

KISS Alive was done that way as a matter of fact...
    They had to go into the studio and re-record some of the parts because it just wasn't meaty enough recorded straight and there were mistakes that needed corrected. So in all reality it was a Live Studio Album.

A similar procedure was used on Right Here Right Now the video. If you listen to the CD compared to the Video it is clearly a different arrangement and if i remember correctly there are extra songs on the CD version that aren't on the video.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

On Right Here Right Now, the CD and Video are two different nights...

Comment

• diamond den™

Originally posted by ELVIS
        That "LIVE" CD is garbage......

What is understood doesn't need discussed

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Actually, the video is a combination of both nights. The CD seemed to be one night and is basically the unedited Live show.
          The video should have been the same way because to this fan, that wasn't what i call live.
          It pissed me off when in the course of a song their clothes kept changing back and forth....Sad and total garbage to me...

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
            It pissed me off when in the course of a song their clothes kept changing back and forth....Sad and total garbage to me...
            amen to that...and as far as it is a fucking hagar show it sucks anyway...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

The live Unchained video is like that...

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Re: Re: VH live at the US Festival 83

WOW !! Dude that sounds AWESOME !!

LMAO !
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• rustoffa
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Will a clean version ever be available?Fuck,I'd pay for it.

Comment

• DLR7884
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                    Will a clean version ever be available?Fuck,I'd pay for it.

I think the show was intended to be an official release, but as we discussed earlier, the band wasn't at the top of their game this show.

DLR7884
                    They were fucking loaded.
                    Originally Posted by WARF:
                    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR7884
                      I think the show was intended to be an official release, but as we discussed earlier, the band wasn't at the top of their game this show.

DLR7884
                      They were fucking loaded.
                      That's obvious,it was "pro shot".My point is it's been a long time,whoever is sitting on the film (hopefully it exists) needs to step up to the plate.Fuck,it's probably Ed......arrrgh

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

For me the greatest thing about the video is that even thought they had a massive audience and they were paid like kings, they still got wasted and fucked up in few songs...it's shows what their attitude was - they could afford it!!! After all, they were THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN...

Not close to their tighest performance musically but clearly the funniest I've seen or heard.

My favorite parts: When Dave puts that tennis cap on Eddie's head...Eddie looks completely pissed...

Dave's quote: "More people have been arrested tonight..."

Michael forcing the midget to drink more Jack...

And yes, that "somebody get me a doctor/girl gone bad/i'm so glad" sounded awesome...
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Well Dave was wasted, Ed was wasted, Mike was wasted, Alex was wasted, the road crew was on heavy narcotics and over 300,000 people were probably stoned out of there minds. Now that's a concert!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I don't think the vocals are overdubbed.. You may be mistaken...
                            Actually, they are. I used to have the "remixed" version of those 3 songs. (posted them on the old Army even) but the hard drive they were on died before I could burn them to disc

I know they were used in a radio broadcast of US Festival highlights that aired shortly after the concert. I've also heard that there was at the time the intention of an US Festival live album which never was released, probably due to the licensing nightmares that would have been involved with all the various record labels representing the bands that played at the show.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

You see the 83 US festival should have been lesson to concert promoters to NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! They sure didn't learn there lesson when that shitty woodstock in 1999 took place, what a fuckin disaster that was. If your gonna have a large festival than just use a stadium, because the bathrooms are already set up. Has anyone ever been to a large festival concert and noticed how bad those porta-johns stunk?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

I have two copies of VH's show in the US Fest....

I have a Japanese TV US Fest. compilation video (which might be what FORD is referring to).... That seems to be the one that is NOT overdubbed...

My copy of the full show is overdubbed during YRGM, and not very well I might add....

I've seen DVD's that include the show and all of the pre-show interviews on Ebay recently but I haven't attempted to bid on one.... Anyone got one of those ?? Is it worth it ??
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...