X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLR
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

Wright Passes Second Physical?

Looks like the Yankees got their man in the end...

The New York Yankees' arms race against the Boston Red Sox took a major blow Saturday. ESPN's Steve Phillips is reporting that pitcher Jaret Wright, who reportedly agreed on a three-year, $21 million deal, failed his physical. The Yankees are asking Wrigh

They can have him. Hopefully he'll revert to his pre-Atlanta form...
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Be careful TLR...the only thing that stopped him with Cleveland was arm trouble...and a shitty delivery that cause the arm trouble...

Wright has incredible stuff...remember what he did as a rookie for the Indians in 1997...he pretty much single handedly carried them to the Series...then handed them a 1-0 lead through the seventh inning of game 7...

mazzone straightened out his delivery...if he continues to maintain it...and his arm remains healthy...he COULD end up being a high-end pitcher...

To many questions though...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• TLR
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2004

I'm banking/hoping on him NOT maintaining the rebuilt delivery with Mazzonne out of the picture.

I actually meant I hoped he reverted to his post-Cleveland, pre-Atlanta form (poor mechanics, arm trouble, a world of potential and it was nowhere to be seen).

I just HATE the Yankees. Can you tell? lol

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

So does most everyone else...

Wright was a flamethrower...who used Daddy to help with the delivery...which is why it sucked....

Cleveland was actually looking at resigning him...wasn't to be though...and I'm fine with that...he's not worth 7 million...not based on 1 year...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• TLR
          Head Fluffer
          • Jun 2004

Nothing worse to deal with than a pitcher's father!

You probably won't be missing anything by him not signing with the Tribe...especially at $7 mil/year. Keep trying to develop the younger arms instead...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Let's not forget the New Yawk factor.....

Not everyone is cracked up to play there.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TLR
              Head Fluffer
              • Jun 2004

Yep...

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

for the 7 mil per, id rather have him over Clement..
                just my opinion.

EUAS

Comment

Working...