Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Spammy could NEVER sing.

I know the sister's raved about his "range" when he joined up, but it's complete BULLSHIT.
    Has ANYBODY other than the sisters or van hagar SHEEp EVER mentioned Spammy when talking about the truly GREAT singers in ROCK?!? Paul Rodgers, Robert Plant, Rodger Daltery, Freddie Mercury,.............???
    NOBODY thinks that Spam has a great voice, no critic or serious musical publication.
    Then, how come the SHEEp think that the guy is the second coming of 'ol Blue Eyes?!?! That fat bastard couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, not even mentioning his ABYSMAL song writing. It's a mystery as how this MYTH has been sustained for so long!!!
    Last edited by Matt White; 01-15-2005, 01:52 AM.
  • Denny
    Banned
    • Oct 2004

Re: Spammy could NEVER sing.

Originally posted by Matt White
    I know the sister's raved about his "range" when he joined up, but it's complete BULLSHIT.
    Has ANYBODY other than the sisters or van hagar SHEEp EVER mentioned Spammy when talking about the truly GREAT singers in ROCK?!? Paul Rodgers, Robert Plant, Rodger Daltery, Freddie Mercury,.............???
    NOBODY thinks that Spam has a great voice, no critic or serious musical publication.
    Then, how come the SHEEp think that the guy is the second coming of 'ol Blue Eyes?!?! That fat bastard couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, not even mentioning his ABYSMAL song writing. It's a mystery as how this MYTH has been sustained for so long!!!
    Three Lock Box isn't exactly Stairway To Heaven or Runnin' With The Devil.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

"Your Love is Drivin' Me Crazy" ain't no "ALL RIGHT NOW" or "WISHING WELL"!!!

Comment

• Denny
        Banned
        • Oct 2004

"Your Love is Drivin' Me Crazy" ain't no "ALL RIGHT NOW" or "WISHING WELL"!!!
        "Turn Your Clocks Back" AKA "It's About Time"

isn't Exactly "Just Like Paradise"

"Just Like Paradise" is 1,000,000 times better than EVERY VAN HAGAR song put together.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Great post Matt.........the only people I've heard call Sammy a "great" singer are the Sisters and critics. I've never heard any props from his peers........I dont know, ask Mona I'm sure he really tears it up as she's ramming him. His FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH is Rock gold! VOA or the grave bitches!!!!!!

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

"The Girl gets Around"!!!!
            BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
            I almost forgot that shakespearean classic BILL!!!
            The guy has ALWAYS been a B-Level hack, with NO personality and limited range. What a FUCKIN' JOKE!!!

Comment

• Denny
              Banned
              • Oct 2004

"The Girl gets Around"!!!!
              BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
              I almost forgot that shakespearean classic BILL!!!
              The guy has ALWAYS been a B-Level hack, with NO personality and limited range. What a FUCKIN' JOKE!!!
              B-Level hack????? More like Z-Level Hack.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Denny
                B-Level hack????? More like Z-Level Hack.
                Utterly worthless performer. 30+ year career and the guy FLAT OUT can't sing. From MONTROSE, where he's CONTINUOUSLY singing out of key, to UP CHUCK FOR BREAKFAST, this dullard has consistently been awful.

Comment

• BIG GOOSE
                  Roadie
                  • Sep 2004

I never got the shit when all these people were saying Spam was a better singer,it goes to show you Spam fans are called sheep for a reason,no independant thought,just blind(and deaf) drones.

Comment

• Mishar_McLeud
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Well what about Grammy award for a third Van Hagar album ??
                    'If there isn't something crazy that goes on in the span of the day then something's not right', - Zakk Wylde

Comment

• David Van Via
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

not even mentioning his ABYSMAL song writing.
                      But he has such great lyrics like.

"Only time will tell if we stand the test of time"

Come on that's just fucking lazy.
                      Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mishar_McLeud
                        Well what about Grammy award for a third Van Hagar album ??
                        What about Jethro Tull winning for BEST METAL PERFORMANCE?!?!
                        Are the Grammy's suddenly a legitimizing factor???
                        How many Grammy's have LED ZEPPELIN or The BEATLES won???

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I guess there will always be a place for whiteboy pseudo-Blues knock off singers like Hagar. Their is nothing particularly outstanding about Sammy's raspy, screechy voice.

Comment

• Mishar_McLeud
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

What about Jethro Tull winning for BEST METAL PERFORMANCE?!?!
                            Are the Grammy's suddenly a legitimizing factor???
                            How many Grammy's have LED ZEPPELIN or The BEATLES won???
                            So what about the 'NOBODY thinks that Spam has a great voice, no critic or serious musical publication' line?

I myself don't care about Grammy's or articles in any musical publication(s). I like Sammy pre-VH, in VH and post-VH. I wonder if any of you here have actually hearded anything from HSAS .
                            'If there isn't something crazy that goes on in the span of the day then something's not right', - Zakk Wylde

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

HSAS?!? With Schon? TERRIBLE!
                              Standing Hampton, VOA, Three Lock Box, Montrose?!?!
                              The guy has NEVER had a good voice.
                              "Serious musical publication". I'm not talking about the "INSIDE" fanzine. RS, BLENDER, etc. Spam has never been mentioned as a "great" singer, or as having a "great" voice. Journeyman hack who dragged down what was once AMERICA'S GREATEST HARD ROCK BAND.

Comment

Working...