• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

Dave was in a UK paper yesterday

Yesterday, Dave was in the UK paper The Daily Mirror :eek:

Dave is NEVER in UK papers, so this was a nice suprise in the morning. But, the article was POORLY researched, and was in some guys column, so, it has to have a "funny" comment somewhere. This is it...

"CAN'T FACE THE ROTH

Ah, David Lee Roth. The very name makes certain women weep.

Fortunately, as a trained paramedic, he is now on hand to supply the dressing.

The former spandex-clad Van Halen frontman gave up rock music in 2004, cut off his hair and er...changed direction.

'I've worked as a paramedic at least 200 times and nobody has ever recognised me', he explains.

It's probably just as well. How would you like it if the man who once sang Jump put a defibrillator on your chest?"

Article by Bill Borrows.

E-mail him at bill.borrows@mirror.co.uk
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?
  • Calderone
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

bill sucker . cunt . you gay

Comment

• bigc
      Head Fluffer
      • Aug 2004

didnt you guys know that rotharmy was pick of the week in the guardian newspaper over the summer. The guardian is a traditionally high-brow "liberal" paper, but it recognised the genius that is DLR and this site. plus I like the paper generally, cos i'm politically left wing. it was just nice to see this site mentioned in it,very surprised by it

Comment

• Soul Reaper
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by bigc
        didnt you guys know that rotharmy was pick of the week in the guardian newspaper over the summer. The guardian is a traditionally high-brow "liberal" paper, but it recognised the genius that is DLR and this site. plus I like the paper generally, cos i'm politically left wing. it was just nice to see this site mentioned in it,very surprised by it
        cool!

--------------------------------------------------

The Daily Mirror sucks anyway!

What do tabloids know about anything anyway. The only thing going for them is those Page 3 girls (which is great)
        ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by bigc
          I never noticed that before...

Roth Army

Oliver Hurley
          Friday August 27, 2004
          The Guardian

Lest you ever dare overlook the fact that former Van Halen vocalist David Lee Roth is the greatest frontman ever, he's accumulated an entire Roth Army that has marched on to the net in order to not-so-gently remind you of Diamond Dave's inexorable raawk credentials.

Utterly relentless in its dedication to "honouring the commander-in-chief of rock'n'roll", the 8,000-strong cyber-posse can equally be relied upon to denounce Sammy Hagar - who they trust will shortly discover that he has "more hairs on his ass than his head" - at every available opportunity.

Indeed, the sheer abhorrence of Hagar - who replaced DLR in Van Halen in 1985 - is matched only by what must surely rank as the web's finest library of Rothisms. Suffice to say that anyone who muses, "I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass," or, "I'm kinda like Darth Vader in the Star Wars sequel: you know you ain't seen the last of me and chances are I could be your father," is decidedly more rock'n'roll than you.

Shame about the music though.

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
            Sniper
            • Oct 2004

Aint seen either of these.. but it's cool just to see him mentioned in a country that is a Van Halen desert.

The Guardian article surprised me.. rock on Army!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
              cool!

--------------------------------------------------

The Daily Mirror sucks anyway!

What do tabloids know about anything anyway. The only thing going for them is those Page 3 girls (which is great)
              SEA should be a page three girl!!

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                Sniper
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                SEA should be a page three girl!!
                LOL.. am knocking on a bit for that babe!!!

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
                  LOL.. am knocking on a bit for that babe!!!
                  Okay, you can be my page three girl.

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                    Sniper
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                    Okay, you can be my page three girl.
                    Thanx sweetie

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

how short is his hair now? i heard somehwere he got buzzed pretty much
                      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Well you could reasonably expect him to do that if he was going to train with the military....

And that was a great thing about us and Uncle Dave in The Guardian...I also am surprised.

They desribed us rather well, I might add...

Comment

Working...