THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Tom Cruise says He knows the history of Psychiatry

Tom Cruise: Let the cynics talk
    NEW YORK (AP) — Let the cynics talk. Tom Cruise is in love — and he just can't restrain himself.

"You know what? There's always cynics. There always has been. There always will be," said Cruise, who hasn't been shy about displaying his affection for Batman Begins actress Katie Holmes. "I have never worried ... about what other people think and what other people say."

Cruise, 42, and Holmes, 26, went public with their romance in April, smooching and posing for photographers in Rome. They recently became engaged.

Many have doubted the romance — the words "publicity stunt" have rained down on the couple like an alien invasion as Cruise has been busy promoting his new film, War of the Worlds, directed by Steven Spielberg, which opens on June 29.

"I have to tell you. It's just a great time in my life," Cruise said in an interview that aired Friday on NBC's Today show. "I'm really happy. And, you know, I'm engaged. I'm going to be married. I can't restrain myself. It's like you've got two little cords on your mouth and you can't stop smiling."

The 42-year-old actor, whose marriages to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman ended in divorce, declined to say what the 26-year-old Holmes has brought to his life that wasn't there in the past.

"I don't want to compare things," Cruise said. "It's that thing where you just — in life when it just happens. ... You meet someone. And it's — I can't even describe it."

When asked if he could be with someone at this stage in his life who doesn't have an interest in the Church of Scientology — Holmes has said she's embracing the religion — Cruise told interviewer Matt Lauer: "Scientology is something that you don't understand. It's like you could be a Christian and be a Scientologist.

"It is a religion. Because it's dealing with the spirit. You as a spiritual being. It gives you tools you can use to apply to your life."

When Lauer mentioned Cruise's earlier criticism of Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants, Cruise told the Today show co-host he didn't know what he was talking about.

"You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," Cruise said.

The interview became more heated when Lauer, who said he knew people who had been helped by the attention-deficit disorder drug Ritalin, asked Cruise about the effects of the drug.

"Matt, Matt, you don't even — you're glib," Cruise responded. "You don't even know what Ritalin is. If you start talking about chemical imbalance, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, Matt, OK. That's what I've done."

----------------------------------------------

What a fucking dickhead.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fuck Cruise and his self important bullshit. I have next to no interest in WOTW BECAUSE Cruise is in it.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll be honest here...if ANYONE fucking acted the way this idiot is acting...they'd be hauled away for drug abuse...

he's on fucking crack...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They opened a huge Church of Scientology in the North Beach section of the city.

Mezro...I should go in and ask for Tomkat...I will wear my Risky Business underwear and gyrate while chanting L Ron Hubbard...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

SHEEP PEN Yahweh
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I'll be honest here...if ANYONE fucking acted the way this idiot is acting...they'd be hauled away for drug abuse...

he's on fucking crack...
    I second this.

Is it me, or it only recently that Cruise has become REALLY annoying?

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Between dipping Holmes and spouting shit Tom is cruising towards the end of his salad days.

Mezro...the public will turn on this shit monkey if he doesn't stop dry humping the Scientology tire swing...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Tom Cruise says He knows the history of Psychiatry

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    When Lauer mentioned Cruise's earlier criticism of Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants
    I'm not one for pushing drugs either, but did you see any interviews with Brooke Shields about her postpartum depression. Holy shit! Scary. She seriously wanted her baby to die and was afraid she might just not feed it and let it die. There is a time when drugs are necessary, and this was definitely one of them. One of the most extreme cases I've ever heard.

As for Tom, yes, he has become quite the pompous self-righteous asshole these days. I think he found a little chickie he can control, and she's too googlie-eyed to know better. "He just the most amazing, perfect man." GAK!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...I sure wouldn't kick her out of bed...can't stand her fucking smile though...crooked ass ugly mouth of hers...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not one to preach drugs for kids...I hate them to be honest...but you see it all the time in my profession...

does it help some kids? Sure it does...absolutely it does...AND THERE IS SCIENTIFIC proof that they work.

Of course there are other ways to do it...of course there are...

but let me ask you all this? Why is it easy for Oprah and Cruise and all the others to stay fit...and to eat healthy...and to take care of themselves? Money...plain and simple...

diet and other things can cure the types of disorders that keep kids from focusing...absolutely...but tell me how a middle of the road parent can afford the health counseling that would be needed to do it? and no...it sure the fuck wouldn't be convered under your health insurance...

Tom Cruise is a fucking idiot...plain and simple...

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

he's on fucking crack...
    I totally agree.

Him and his fucking cult, science fiction so-called religion.

He even tried to convert Scarlett Johannson!! She was slated for the female lead role in Mission Impossible III.

Cruise started to talk about his Scientology BS and then (without her knowing) opened a door which revealed a group of Scientologists. At which time, Scarlett said "fuck this" and took off.

Her "official" word for dropping out of the role in Mission Impossible III was 'scheduling difficulties' between herself and Cruise.

Yeah, right.

Too bad Katie had only half a brain to not see through the BS.

Look, I'll pay ya for it!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by academic punk
    I second this.

Cruise recently fired his long time fiercely protective agent, and let his sister take over the position. I just read an article on how the old agent would have reined Cruis in and stopped him from making such a fool of himself, but sis is happy to let him be himself and shoot his mouth off about anything. Remember how you never used to hear the guy speak out on much of anything? Now you can't shut him up...
    Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Tom Cruise says He knows the history of Psychiatry

#

11/13/07
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wonder if he's learned about Xenu or the clams yet
    Roth Army Militia

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wouldn't discount his enthusiasm if I was y'all.

Did you know that Travolta's personal jumbo jet is actually a stairway to the stars? Not like it lands in LA....I'm talkin' the fucking Van Allen Belt!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How dare you heretics question the wisdom and enlightenment achieved through commune with technology? L. RON HUBBARD will fart lightening bolts out of his dead ass at you all!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If someone wants to be Pro Psychiatry be my guest. but back it up. There has never once been a scientific study to prove thier claims. The FDA recently decided to put homicide and suicide warnings on Psych drugs. They don't do this easily, it is going to cost the drug companies a lot of money. I mean they make Prozac for dogs and infants for gods sake.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tom Cruise was always a nasty little prick.
    But he's an actor, and bouncing on Oprah's couch
    has the world thinking he is Mr Wonderful..
    (One of his better performances)

Control Freak, egomaniac small man.

Those dudes squirting water at him was classic !
    Thats when you saw the true "Tom" come out..
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I normally don't pay too much attention to what celebrities have to say whatsoeva. Howeva, I caught the Matt Lauer interview with Cruise. WTF is up with that guy? Heck, ripping on psychiatrists and Riddalin (sp?) all whilst being some Scientologist nut? What is that "religion" all about anyway? Self importance or what?

Back in the early 90's I had the pleasure of meeting Brooke Shields for about two weeks. She was filming something here, studied her scripts and hung out in the bar where I tended during her entire tenure in SLC. I was never a fan of hers prior but I must say that she was one of the nicest and most down to Earth celebs I've evaa come across. So, if she thinks that little punk Cruise is an ass then tis' good enough for me.

Seriously, that guy needs a good old fashioned ass kicking. That little water incident needs to be a prelude of things to come for that self-important prick.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ive seen "off camera" footage of Tom when he was with Nicole Kidman in Australia. I tell you what, his entourage must be paid very well....
    If you are going to eat that much shit from your boss,
    you better be paid well...

I really believe he thinks he is above the rest of the world.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    G'Day Mark!!!

What kind of shit did he do while in Oz?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh, he was "Mr Wonderfully Nice" when he knew the cameras
    were rolling. Many Australians wanted to adopt him as an
    honary Australian. Off Camera he was a total control freak who
    orders people around like a real prick.. Im sure he is not
    the only celeb like that. Not much more to tell except I think
    the "Mr Nice Guy" facade is total bullshit.

I think he has been letting his guard drop a bit lately and
    letting more of the real Tom show..

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My home town is Sun Valley, Idaho. Brooke Shields and her mom had a place there. Brooke seemed nice enough. I was in a bar called Slavey's and Brooke was squeezing through the crowd trying to get to a table with some of her friends and my hand smacked her on the ass. Nice and firm I must add. She's very tall too.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    All I know about Tom Cruise is eversince he was in Top Gun, all the girls wanted to fuck him badly. Just the mention of his name made pussies wet in the 1980's.

The guy should keep his dumb mouth shut and just act.

Sure the pharmacutical companies are sharks and certain doctors are taking advantage of people. Maybe Tom should watch The Aviator and see what a very intelligent person with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder goes without any proper clinical treatment. I suffered from obsessive Compulsive Disorder my whole life and it wasn't diagnosed until I was in my 30's. Howard Hughes wasn't as lucky. He lived in an age where they didn't know what caused it.

Cruise might as well say he knows all about heart surgery too.

Banned
    THE GRATEST™
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Max: "Seriously, that guy needs a good old fashioned ass kicking. That little water incident needs to be a prelude of things to come for that self-important prick."

ain't that the truth !

imo the guy's a total asshole , shit actor , big fucking nose , not even that good looking , capped teeth , short arse and did i mention he's a terrible actor as well as being a total fucking shithead closeted faggot cunt

and that his good points

Proud Ford Owner
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by flappo and that his good points [/B]
    http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/9458/bfast21.wav

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cruise is a tool.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The history of psychiatry is simple. It begins with a man named Sigmund Freud. Of all developmental theorists, let me tell you, this one is full of some really crazy hypothetical ideas. The simple fact is...Freud himself spent most of life inspired by cocaine, which he encouraged one of his collegues to try, and ultimately ended up killing him as a result. Although Freud felt haunted by this for the rest of his life, he still supported the cocaine campaign for inspiration and the unraveling of the unconsious psychosexual conflict arising within his patients.

I find it humourous that the Scientologists claim their religion is the source for disaddiction, yet much of their therapy sessions are strongly linked to the work of Sigmund cocaine addictie himself.

Not to mention Freud believed we all have secret fantasies that hide away in our unconsious ID, to have incest with our mothers and fathers.

What a nice theory to base a religion on! (sarcasm!)
    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    L. Ron Hubbard was a fucking tool - and a bad writer to boot.

I read one of those scientology bullshit books he wrote - well, the first two chapters was as far as I could get with that horseshit...

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In my honest opinion, he is acting just like Jesterstar

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by academic punk
    I second this.

Can't really recall Cruise being so compelled or driven to push such a big media-blitz in the past. The guy was content to make, IMO, mostly bad movies and get grossly overpaid for his efforts.

Now, it seems like he can't seem to stop telling the press how he doesn't care about what anyone thinks about him. Guess if he really felt that way, he wouldn't even feel the need to say it.

He just sounds like another goofball Hollywood actor/actress who wants everyone to know how smart/politically oriented he/she/they are. All of them end up coming of more dumbassed than I thought they were in the first place.

Will probably go to see War Of The Worlds, mostly because I enjoy going the movies and there really hasn't been much worth seeing lately. What with the Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched and Herbie The Love Bug coming out, may be a while before I get a chance to see something that looks decent. I mean, you know a movie is in trouble of it can't even produce an alluring preview. Will Ferrell seems to think yelling is a comedic device...the dude is way too smug for me, considering his lack of talent. Linsey Lohan is lame. Far as the Dukes goes, if Jessica wants to show me her titties, bring it on. Otherwise, can't be bothered.

A decent movie to rent is the Machinist. That Bale might actually not suck...there may be something to offer there, even though just losing weight in-and-of itself isn't necessarily a sign of talent......

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ther are 0 links between Sientology and Psychiatry. You could almost say they are opposites. The first makes people more able and happier the second pushes people into apathy with drugs and electroshock, yes they still do electroshock. Have you ever met someone that recieved electroshock?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mr. G
    Ther are 0 links between Sientology and Psychiatry.
    They both accept monetary cuntributions.

Larger and larger scales.

Wonder why the dipshit didn't call Psychology out?

Those high-falutin' fuckers 'ell take a check too.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Grecery stores accept money also. what is your point exactly? And yes Psychology is also included.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm not one to preach drugs for kids...I hate them to be honest...but you see it all the time in my profession...
    I was just thinking - What if Dave was given Ritalin for his "monkey hour" hyperactivity? Would he have had the same career? Would we be here talking about him today?

Hmmm...

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Mr. G
    Ther are 0 links between Sientology and Psychiatry. You could almost say they are opposites. The first makes people more able and happier the second pushes people into apathy with drugs and electroshock, yes they still do electroshock. Have you ever met someone that recieved electroshock?
    Psychoanalysis has nothing to do with elecroshock. The psychiatrist taps into the patient's unconsious through hypnosis to try and help them settle psychosexual conflicts they faced in earlier stages, but never settled.

This is very similar to what the Scientologists do.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They have learned more about how the human brain works in the last ten years than ever before. My whole life, I always felt the urge to repeat things. I always felt something bad would happen if I didn't repeat something until I got it right. I lived with that for years.

In my 30's I just became tottaly exhausted from all the shit going on inside my head. My sister's daughter was having problems with depression and the analyses was it was Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. My sis flat out told me, I showed all the symptoms of it. I went to a specialist and yup, I had it.

The Dr. tottaly showed me what causes Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I have a hyperactive part of my brain that won't shut down basically so I'm getting these messages non stop. They have found people who are exceptionaly brilliant at mathmetics, that their brain can focus on those tasks more than the average people. A brain runs on an electro-chemical system and a lot of what we are and how we behave is dependant on how our brains function electro-chemically.

I was not offered any medication. We worked on some excercises on how to deal with it. It never goes away, but by recognizing it, and knowing how to deal with it, I can tell those feeling to go fuck themselves.

Some of these forms of depression that go unchecked can ruin lives and even result in sucide. Religion with it's guilt trips and high expectations actually can make the situation worse. Some religions require that their ministers get lots of pyscological training while becoming a priest. Some church's provide access to counceling.

If psycology is bunk how come every major police agency uses it as a tool to solve criminal cases? How come employers use it trying to find the right employee? How come huge, expensive marketing campaigns are based on it? How come casinos hire psycologists and socialologist to do detailed studies on human behavior?

Cruise and his cult are full of shit. I guess Tom Cruise and his Scientology buddies are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If Tom Cruise were only as important as he thinks he is...

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The key word is hypnosis. Hypnosis is never used in Scientology because it is dangerous. It is never a good idea to put "another" determinism below the control of the person. It makes them into a "puppet". In Scientology the person is fully awake and in control. Also in Scientology the person is never evaluated or invalidated as in Psychiatry and Psychology.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    STOP THE PRESSES!!!

The Army has a Scientologist on its hands----MR. G.

Go fuck off and watch a Tom Cruise movie already.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Cruise is out of cuntrol!!!!

Click here for Cruise carnage!!!

Thread Information