X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

A Police Reunion?

Police guitarist Andy Summers says he can't see a Police reunion ever happening.

"I don't think Sting has any interest" Andy tells Undercover News. "Of course it would be great but no-one is going to ask him and I don't think he has any interest. I think he has gone to another place".

The Police, considered by many to be one of the greatest rock bands of all time, actually played their last show together in Melbourne, Australia. "Yeah it was" Andy says. "It was sort of the official end because we did get back together and do those six dates with the Amnesty tour in '86. I remember that gig very well. It was a poignant moment because we all knew we were breaking up but the audience didn't know".

They also regrouped and played live for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this year but it was a one-off. "I felt like okay, it was three days, I would indulge in it and enjoy it" he says. "Stuart (Copeland) lives near me in LA. He and I got together and had a great couple of weeks. We ended up playing everything by The Police together because we felt like it. I went over to his house a couple of times and we got it all together. We met Sting in New York and rehearsed for a couple of days and then it was the show. It was a nice feeling all around on the night. We were in the Waldorf Astoria. There were about 3,000 people there. Everybody I had ever known in my life was there. Of course, the American thing, everyone was telling us we were the greatest thing since sliced bread all night long. Of course the icing on the cake was when we got on stage and took it home as the headliners. That was that, then it was back to reality".

Reality for Andy now is his jazz band and a new album 'Earth + Sky'. The album is released independently through The Basement. Summers is in planning stages to bring his band back live to Australia.
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Isn`t Andy Summers about 60 now?

If it doesn`t happen soon, it`ll never happen.
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• PHOENIX
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
      Isn`t Andy Summers about 60 now?

If it doesn`t happen soon, it`ll never happen.
      It wont happen because Sting is and Egocentrical asshole who thinks his shit smells sweeter than others.

Comment

• diamond den™

The Police were a superb band.

Comment

• PHOENIX
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamond den™
          The Police were a superb band.

The Police are a big influence on me. My guitar style is a mixture of Andy Summers, Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

it'll never happen. i gave up on that a looong time ago. Sting was a big influence-now he's friggin' Elton John. or maybe worse, Rod Stewart.

i've got the Amnesty show on video...
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

LOL, a Police reunion is even more unlikely than a Roth/VH reunion....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Yeah, but at least they get together now and again and perform. Wish we could say the same about original VH.

Sting Solo sux.
                BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

They only got together because of the hall of fame...

Stuart Copeland did an interview last year and said, "There was a time I wished Sting wasn't making millions of dollars...so until he quits making music that people buy...it will never happen..."

unfortunate...because there isn't a band that sounds like the Police...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Bring on the Hall of Fame for Van Halen !
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• lucky wilbury

stings albums still sell millions? where? mars?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Every Sting album...except this current one...

has been certified multi-platinum...

EVERY FUCKING ONE...
                        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Now do I like them?

No...but it's a fact..

Comment

• lucky wilbury

who bought them hagar?

Comment

• Top Jimmy
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

who is hagar?

Comment

Working...