Thread: question about pedals and other shit

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status

question about pedals and other shit

I have 3 pedals and tons of noise needed to be compressed already. I have an MT Metal Zone, Overdrive Flanger (for that jet sound that Eddie does at the beginning of And the Cradle...) and an MXR Phase 90 shifter, that every Eddie fan should have! Im just in the process of buying a Crybaby and a digital delay. My question is, How many pedals can I run, without all that backfeed noise? Will I have to keep adding Noise compressers? Or does it all depend on the amp?
    Hope I didn't leave anything out. Im kinda new to all this.
    I'm working on Unchained but Im thinking thats a delay effect, is that right?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Hello? Anybody????
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    maybe a foot will entice someone to help me with my inquiry? Wayne L. Im looking at you buddy....

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a flanger on Unchained.

I had the same problem but in my case I switched amps and the problem was solved better than I anticipated.

Thanks for the foot, I'm tryin to eat over here.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL sorry 'bout. Trying to get someone to pay attention to question, and a diseased foot was the only thing I had. Yeah I realsied today its a flanger, and not a delay.

Thanks for the help.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's okay, I could stand to lose a few.

Anytime bro.

Hope it's as easy as an amp change. I was glad that's all it took in my case.

Last Gasp
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and it's not just one foot either it's both! ... Damn, what kind of sickness IS that? ...
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only flanger that will do that sound RIGHT is an MXR flanger. I've owned a ton of flangers, and believe me, if you want to get that sound then you have to have that flanger. I don't know if Dunlop still makes the reissue, but you can find some originals on eBay for a reasonable amount.

Also, if you are getting a lot of noise when you have all of your effects hooked up, then try putting the noise suppressor at the end of the chain, right before you go into the amp. All you need is one.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I place my crybaby first in the chain, then stereo flanger, phase shifter then my mt metal zone then amp. (which is hard to define, if you want that brown, eddie sound). Next on the list is Stereo Chorus pedal and an Digital Delay. Cheapest delay Ive found is $295!!! Canadian. Fucking crazy. I will get the noise compression pedal when I notice alot of feedback with little or no gain.

But thanks for all the help guys.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WRONG I believe it's the A/DA Flanger from about 1977.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hey big troubles, dave here.
    the order that you have your fx makes a BIG difference.
    i have many years of experience in these matters, and just for the record,
    i've been using a toneworks ax 1000 g live for 3 years. (and no, they don't pay me).
    this pedal has great simulations of all the classic gear. the new upgrade is the ax 1500 g. it took me a while to set up my sounds,
    but people come up to me at gigs and want to know the secret. i have used a lot of gear over the years, and i must say that to get 4 or 5 usable clean/ dirty/ solo sounds out of a simple set-up
    (one amp)
    is one of the hardest challenges facing any guitarist. especially trying to get them at the same
    volume with the same guitar. but it can be done!!! in the early 90's i had a rack set-up which had 20 internal volume controls! it was a fucking nightmare. so i'm a HUGE fan of simple.
    specially when you are in the middle of a gig and something goes wrong. all this is born, of course, out of the necessity of being my own roadie....but i just can't give that responsibility to anyone else! i know how i want my stuff to work. feel free to pm me.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You could hook up about 5 pedals like you wanna do without much noise or problem with original tone degradation.

Some pedals soak signal, others add gain. You'll just have to balance it and youre lucky that these days we have the Internet and pictograms of people's effects chains. So you can kinda get a good idea of what pedal works best in front of another.

For example, I like the Crybaby ahead of everything else in a chain usually, but never built a pedal board; I like just the wahwah between the amp or nothing else when playing with a band or drummer.

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The chain I used to use was Crybaby, Tubescreamer, Univibe, Digital Delay, Chorus. Although recently I changed amps from a 64 Fender Bassman to a Marshall and spent about a month just running dry with no effects... since I've added the Crybaby in-line between the axe and amp and am running the Univibe, Ddelay & Chorus via the effects loop.

I've considered running an A/B switching with the Guitar running into the Crybaby then to A/B switch with Channel A going direct to amp and B through the effects chain... just to seee what that does... stay tuned.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's about how Id have it: the Univibe is just a phase based effect, and both the Delay and Chorus are delay-based effects as is a Flanger.

I think it sounds best to have the larger-waveform effect before a smaller-waveform effect as you have the delay pedal before the choruse.

Having the chorus before the delay will usually result in lowrange tone degradation. But having any effects on, after the Cry Baby, will be degraded to begin with without a three-pole/double throw stomp switch added for true bypass: there's a coiled core in the Crybaby circuit called an inductor which if not completely out of the circuit, draws signal even when not in the signals path.

I have been wanting to try the 3PDT true-bypass mod for my crybabys, but then I can't decide if I wouldn't like it the way it was, drawing off some of the signal that way for example when playing a single coil Strat.

I'm mostly humbucker though; I got 7 wahs, half of 'em modded.for gain and tricks

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ZahZoo
    The chain I used to use was Crybaby, Tubescreamer, Univibe, Digital Delay, Chorus. Although recently I changed amps from a 64 Fender Bassman to a Marshall and spent about a month just running dry with no effects... since I've added the Crybaby in-line between the axe and amp and am running the Univibe, Ddelay & Chorus via the effects loop.

I've considered running an A/B switching with the Guitar running into the Crybaby then to A/B switch with Channel A going direct to amp and B through the effects chain... just to seee what that does... stay tuned.
    Revised!!! I now run a chain of FX, starting with my delay, stereo flanger, distortion (mt) then wah, then into a new spider amp. (Line 6, which Im very happy with) I now also play on a Hamer (Indonesian not American) and rarely use my phase 90, stereo chorus or over drive. Next guitar Im eye-ballin' is the classic Hamer flying V.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW, good song to play to, and easy as hell is Poison's version of Squeeze Box.

Thread Information