Anybody here from Ohio's 2nd congressional district?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Anybody here from Ohio's 2nd congressional district?

Paul Hackett for Congress, Ohio, District 2
    by Meghan Gaffney, Paul Hackett for Congress

A Message from Paul

This is a crucial time for America. The issues we now face and how they’re resolved will have a lasting impact on us, and our children.

I’m running for Congress because I know I can make a difference in Washington. I grew up right here in southern Ohio, steeped in our American values. Now I’m raising a family here. I understand what’s at stake for my neighbors and people all across America. I won’t sit on the sidelines and watch politics as usual take us in the wrong direction.

I recently returned from Iraq as a Major in the US Marines Corps. I volunteered to go. I had been honorably discharged from the Corps in 1999 but I couldn’t just sit by and watch what was happening over there when I knew I could contribute. After I had been in Iraq for two months I volunteered again—this time to go to Fallujah. Religious fanatics and insurgents had seized the city. They had to be stopped. A civil government had to be restored.

My wife and three kids didn’t want me to go to Iraq. But they understood my commitment to service and they knew that I had to do everything I could to support my brothers and sisters in arms. It was my responsibility to serve. Now the vacant seat from Ohio’s 2nd District presents a unique opportunity for me to continue to fulfill my obligation to this country, and to you.

I’m ready to take your fight to Washington. I’m ready to take a stand on the issues that matter most to us, like keeping American jobs at home, protecting our Social Security benefits, making good healthcare accessible to everyone, and, of course, bringing the war in Iraq to a swift and secure resolution.

We’ve won the primary, but the toughest battle lies ahead. Let’s not squander the exceptional opportunity we now have before us. Let’s stop arguing about who’s red and who’s blue. Let’s do all we can do for a stronger red, white, and blue.

Support my candidacy for U.S. Congress. Join us in our fight for a brighter future for all Americans. Together we can put things right. All we need is the will to do it.

Sincerely,
    Paul Hackett
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

I wish i could support him, but i'm in the 8th District.
    And my rep is, and get this name, lol, John A. Boehner.

I voted for this guy, and was a supporter of his until a woman named Terri Schiavo tripped him up..

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Seems like a total fucking idiot.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Who? FORD? :confused:
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          Who? FORD? :confused:
          No, he was referring to the picture in his signature.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No I was referring to the fact that it's fucking sad that to get elected Democrats need to be military numbskiulls to overide the BS Bush thing.

The last people you want in politics are ex soldiers they have a skewd limited and unrealistic view of life. Only in the militaristic US is it seen as an advantage.

Cheers!

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

No I was referring to the fact that it's fucking sad that to get elected Democrats need to be military numbskiulls to overide the BS Bush thing.

The last people you want in politics are ex soldiers they have a skewd limited and unrealistic view of life. Only in the militaristic US is it seen as an advantage.

Cheers!

Actually it's NOT an advantage at all.

The BCE shit all over three Vietnam vets who ran against Junior. McCain and Gore in 2000, and Kerry in 2004. If Clark had been the nominee, his military record would have been savaged as well.

Saxby Chamblis openly questioned the patriotism of Max Cleland, who literally lost half his body in Vietnam. He got away with it, and stole Cleland's Senate seat.

If anything, military service is a disadvantage running against the BCE because they don't respect it. Which is pretty damn pathetic since they're warmongers

Word from the district though is that the GOP opponent does nothing but spew BCE cookie cutter answers, while Hackett comes off as a no bullshit kind of guy. That will probably help him more than his uniform.

And Sesh, I wouldn't be surprised if some British vets turned up in the next parliamentary election. Would you say the same about them?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Actually it's NOT an advantage at all.

The BCE shit all over three Vietnam vets who ran against Junior. McCain and Gore in 2000, and Kerry in 2004. If Clark had been the nominee, his military record would have been savaged as well.

Saxby Chamblis openly questioned the patriotism of Max Cleland, who literally lost half his body in Vietnam. He got away with it, and stole Cleland's Senate seat.

If anything, military service is a disadvantage running against the BCE because they don't respect it. Which is pretty damn pathetic since they're warmongers

Word from the district though is that the GOP opponent does nothing but spew BCE cookie cutter answers, while Hackett comes off as a no bullshit kind of guy. That will probably help him more than his uniform.

And Sesh, I wouldn't be surprised if some British vets turned up in the next parliamentary election. Would you say the same about them?
                Probably not. It's only the Americans he has an axe to grind with.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• HELLVIS
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jul 2004

Strange you should say that. He seems to think that it's all the rest of us who are the idiots.

First of all, he reminds me of another dumb ass, JOhn KErry, who thought that bragging about volunteering to fight in a war you are against is a future ticket to the White House. If that were the case, then Timothy McVey (the oklahoma city bomber), John Allen Mohammad (the D.C. sniper), and Lee Harvey Oswald (the sniper with stunt bullets, who immortalized JFK) would all make excellent candidates.

Second, he is just another lawyer playing an angle, no lots of angles.
                  First he was for the war. Then he was against the war. Sound familiar?
                  His TV ads portray him as Bush friendly, and even feature Bush giving a speech about the high calling of service to one's country. Yet, when speaking to the local dems, he has said that Bush is public enemy #1, ahead of Bin Ladin. That's just fucked up. Not only does that make him sound really stupid, but he's blatantly speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

Third, all his ads, with the exception of the "Look at me. I'm a war hero" one, are just attack ads against his opponent, Schmidt (a woman who is running a very clean campaign).

:confused:
                  He throws a punch.
                  He swings. I duck.
                  His fat ass falls...
                  Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by HELLVIS
                    Strange you should say that. He seems to think that it's all the rest of us who are the idiots.

First of all, he reminds me of another dumb ass, JOhn KErry, who thought that bragging about volunteering to fight in a war you are against is a future ticket to the White House. If that were the case, then Timothy McVey (the oklahoma city bomber), John Allen Mohammad (the D.C. sniper), and Lee Harvey Oswald (the sniper with stunt bullets, who immortalized JFK) would all make excellent candidates.

Lee Harvey Oswald didn't kill JFK, but many of the people who were involved in his murder did, in fact, get involved with politics.

In fact, the likely supervisor of the CIA operation that day actually did become President. And unlike his idiot son, he actually got elected.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• aesop
                      Commando
                      • Oct 2004

Cheers!

wow... ummmm... last time i checked, the military ha had a huge fucking impact on virtually every aspect of american life...

but hey,,, for your sake... let's just pretend that it never existed and Jimmy Carter is still relevant...
                      Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• HELLVIS
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jul 2004

Lee Harvey Oswald didn't kill JFK, but many of the people who were involved in his murder did, in fact, get involved with politics.

In fact, the likely supervisor of the CIA operation that day actually did become President. And unlike his idiot son, he actually got elected.
                        BBBBWWWWaaaaaaHHHaaaHHHaaaaaHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! !!!

Ha.
                        He throws a punch.
                        He swings. I duck.
                        His fat ass falls...

Comment

• HELLVIS
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jul 2004

Ha.
                          He throws a punch.
                          He swings. I duck.
                          His fat ass falls...

Comment

• HELLVIS
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by HELLVIS

Ha.
                            HHHHHaaaaaHHHHaaaa!!!!!!!

HHaa Ha ha.

ha.

ha.
                            BBBBWWWWHHHHHAaaaaaaaaaHHHaaaHHHaaaaaaaaaaHHHHaaaa !!!!!
                            He throws a punch.
                            He swings. I duck.
                            His fat ass falls...

Comment

• aesop
                              Commando
                              • Oct 2004

How much do you still get paid by the Prodical tobacco farmer's kid??

You probably thought the Oliver Stone movie actually had merit
                              Yo Yo Yo

Comment

Working...