Oh shit...Robo-Cop remake is in the works...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Oh shit...Robo-Cop remake is in the works...

God these fuckers have no fucking creativity....

HOLLYWOOD - Seminal sci-fi movie RoboCop is set for a remake using state-of-the-art computer generating imaging (CGI) technology.
    The original 1987 movie directed by Paul Verhoeven was a box office hit and spawned two, less successful, sequels.

Producer Michael de Luca and Hollywood studio Sony Pictures are backing the project which will retell the story of a maimed policeman who is transformed into an experimental crime-fighting cyborg, according to website MovieHole.net.

A source says, "There's been discussions at Screen Gems about a RoboCop picture ever since negotiations began to acquire MGM several years ago. As yet no writer has been hired but things are inching forward in that direction."
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

....It begs the question....WHY BOTHER?!?!
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2004

And the timeless quote: "I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR"!
      Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2004

Maybe Peter Weller needs some cash after spending that truckload he made for "Baron Munchbush across the 31st Deminsion".

Jesus, I just can't believe a movie with that title didn't make bank by the cargo ship load.
        Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

"Baron Munchbush"??! That's awesome!
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Why? I mean, fucking why?

Maybe Hollywood should just go ahead now and remake Spiderman 2, remake this summer's Dukes Of Hazzard film adaptation, remake Jarhead...

Should be a rule that a flick needs to be at least 50 years old before it gets remade.

Fucking lack of originality.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry

Fucking lack of originality.

EXACTAMUNDO!!

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

The first one was a hit?
                I thought they all sucked goat balls in Kalamazoo...

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah really...they all sucked.

This one will suck too....

Comment

• col5150
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2004

i work with a guy who has the nickname 'robocop without the helmet' because surprisingly enough he looks like robocop when he doesnt have his helmet on.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I saw this one right after I read that they're making "Miami Vice" the movie!!!!! Supposedly Colin Ferrel and Jamie Foxx are in it...WHY!!!!!?????!!!!!
                      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• bru87tr
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2004

Miami Vice was suppose to be a reunion years ago but for some reason never happened. it should never be redone into a new movie, no way!

Robocop will bomb if made cause part of its charm was it being made in the 80's, I went to the theater and seen it then. great 80's cheese film! remake ? maybe good for computer graphics but thats where it will end. all the movies today have suck actors and lets see how much stuff I can blow up. the reason why the old star wars films worked was cause the actors were believeable and there was chemistry. look at todays star wars..... absolutely some of the worst crap ever put on film and Hayden chistainsen was wrongly cast. hhhhmmmm, how many droids can we hack up in todays star wars movies. not entertaining.
                        "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

"Robocop" is one of those films that you couldn`t remake.

Like "Jaws", "Star wars" or "Alien".

I was going to say "Psycho" but some knucklehead did remake that frame for frame.

I`m not comparing it in quality to any of those films, but the it has a certain something that makes it of it`s time.

Maybe it`s the 80`s style vision of "the future".
                          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• bueno bob
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                            I saw this one right after I read that they're making "Miami Vice" the movie!!!!! Supposedly Colin Ferrel and Jamie Foxx are in it...WHY!!!!!?????!!!!!
                            Because Hollywood is gay. And Will Farrell needs to gay up the box office with 467 bad movies a year.

I had hoped for something positive out of Jamie Foxx though, I thought he was awesome in...what was that thing called with Tom Cruise, "Cellular"? Did a fucking GREAT job with that movie.

As far as a Robocop remake is concerned, it's a bad idea, obviously. I mean, yeah, the movies sucked, but at least the first one had it's cult appeal status, and for that, it's one of those bad movies I can't help but love...

I won't be buying this for a dollar, let alone any other price.
                            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

The original Robocop film was fucking cool.

Sure it was cheesy, but that was part of it's charm.

There is one remake that I am actually looking forward to...the remake of King Kong, for several reasons:

1. Peter Jackson

2. The 1970s version was ok, but it was set in the 70s, and that kinda ruined it for me. Part of the original's charm was that it was set in the time it was made (1930).

3. As it was made in 1930s, the special effects technology sucked. Sorry, I mean Ray Harryhausen was a genius, and did some absolutely incredible shit then and for the following 40 years with the tech that was available, but with today's technology, the film can be made to appear VERY realistic in comparison.

If it were not for Peter Jackson directing, I would not be so interested. He proved his capability with Lord Of The Rings, and the nice thing about him is for the most part he strives to be faithful to the original, just using modern special effects.

The trailer looked grate, because it was set back in the 1920s-1930s time frame.

This will be interesting (for once).

Comment

Working...