am I the only woman who doesn't want kids?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

When you're 50 you'll really regret this decision.

Comment

• Switch84
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

Rent-a-kid

I have a gazillion nieces and nephews, so I'm not deprived of being with children. They're the best kids to have, anyway; you can spoil them rotten, then GIVE THEM BACK to their parents!

AUNTIE MAME 4 EVER!!!

LMAO
      "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
      Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• SensibleShoes

Cathedral's argument about the "comfort in your old age" issue is very eloquent. But I don't really buy it. There are plenty of seniors in nursing homes who HAVE children who are too selfish or lazy to visit and hug their necks. I suppose this comes down to how a parent raises a child - but not always. And it leads to my point.

Family is who you make it. Blood is a wonderful thing. But I was adopted. I was reunited with my birth family in the mid nineties. And while blood may be thicker than water, it doesn't make up for the fact that you don't have a past with these people.

But I have relationships that I can count on when things go down the tubes. People who are more special to me than my own family. Kids who I've invested lots of time, attention and financial resources on. If I end up alone in my old age - it will be my own fault - not due to my decision not to have kids.

And there are some REAL reasons to choose not to have kids as well. For instance, if you know you carry genes that are going to result in a life of hell for a child - then why create the child in the first place? And God forbid - if you KNOW you're too selfish to make a good parent - it seems a responsible thing to do not to reproduce.

That said - I suppose if I DID get pregnant at this adanced stage of life - I would look at it as an unexpected blessing.

Comment

• Switch84
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Mommie Dearest

:eek: Look at it this way. We all could've had Joan Crawford for a mother.

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!
          "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• hydrophane
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Mar 2004

I know I wont regret it. For starters I rarely look back over my life in that way. There's simply no point, once the chance/moment has passed it's passed and gone. A new chance/moment may come up, but it wont be the same one.
            As Sensible shoes said it's up to me, not my kids or lack of them, to ensure I have a happy future.

Comment

Working...