When the fuck will we get Dave`s solo albums remastered?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

When the fuck will we get Dave`s solo albums remastered?

The six pack sounds amazing after remastering.

However, my CDs of "CFTH", "EEAS" and "Skyscraper" display all the ineptitude of early CD mastering.

Nothing outrageous, just kinda muffled and not as loud as they should be.

"A little ain`t enough" and all the albums afterwords sound fine.

I think it`s about time we got all of Dave`s solo stuff reissued with digital remastering, bonus tracks, enhanced packaging and sleevenotes (something sadly missing from the CVH albums).

How `bout it?
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I would think RHINO would be on this...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I don't know Nick...wouldn't they have to buy the rights for those albums to remaster them...

and let's face it...it's not like DLR's going to have a million people running to the stores to buy the albums...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        I don't know Nick...wouldn't they have to buy the rights for those albums to remaster them...

and let's face it...it's not like DLR's going to have a million people running to the stores to buy the albums...
        I think they do actually, I thought RHINO is owned by WARNER now?

And I read on the internet earlier today that RHINO has put nearly every Mystery Science Theater 3000 on DVD, I think they can manage two or three CDs.

RHINO seems to be on a mission to remaster almost anything.

I actually wonder what it all means, the CD "remastering" thing that is...

I read High Definition Compact Disc (HDCD), so I think they just update the recording to digital from the original source tapes using better transfer and compression technology. It probably costs little more than just re-issuing the old version...

PS: RHINO was indeed bought by WARNER MUSIC GROUP...
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-17-2005, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• ppg960
          Sniper
          • Dec 2005

Might happen eventually?But with HDCD on the way soon all the old will sound new, I hope??

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I forgot Rhino was bought out...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
              Veteran
              • Apr 2004

Eat 'em and smile could use a re-master or a gold cd release.
              http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
              Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
              Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Three_Lock Rock
                Groupie
                • Dec 2005

why? not like theyll sell to anywon other than the fagtards like you fagguits!!!!!!!!

three lock rock
                no stiopping the red rocking!!!1 fagguts!~

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ppg960
                  Might happen eventually?But with HDCD on the way soon all the old will sound new, I hope??
                  \

It's already here. I think every CD is recorded using an HDCD or equivalent...

All the VH remasters are HDCD, and WB/Rhino print the HDCD logo on the back.

Comment

• Casemeister
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2004

Louder? Please, no. There is a stupid trend of compressing/limiting the absolute hell out of "remasters" these days. A lot of people actually go out and search for the early CDs because they sound BETTER. IMO, the early CDs sound about as good as they need to.

ALAE sounds quite different, but that's because of the BIG production. EEAS and Skyscraper simply don't have that kind of production. The DLR Best Of is probably how any remasters would sound (a little louder, though, and with less dynamics). IMO, that one sounds okay but it is a little harsh. The actual albums sound more natural.

It'd be nice to see really well mastered DLR albums, but I don't think they need it all that badly... and it's entirely possible that they'll be made much worse, soundwise, by any "remastering."
                    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002. RIP, Hoss!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Three_Lock Rock
                      why? not like theyll sell to anywon other than the fagtards like you fagguits!!!!!!!!

three lock rock
                      Looking beyond the stupidness of that comment, how many people buy lots of other...um..."cult" titles that get remastered?

The Yes and AC/DC (to name but two) back catalogues have been remastered TWICE.

There is money to be made and it`s surprising that noone is making it off the back of Dave`s albums.
                      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

...and when are the Skyscraper demo tapes released?
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

I doubt anytime soon.

I mean, I'd certainly like to see it happen, but like Pojo said, there's not some huge section of the public clamoring begging for it.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Three_Lock Rock

three lock rock
                            You can't even fucking spell...

...not even a case of being dyslexic here. You're just an out-and-out ignorant motherfucker, huh?

Wow. What a nitwit!
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Hey, with all respect to Uncle Dave, I WANT THE WARNER BROTHERS DEMOS REMASTERED FIRST!!!!!!!!

I mean "officially". I remastered them myself, as well as I could anyway.

God knows how many generations even a normal FLAC cd-r of those tapes is....probably be lucky if the very earliest generation on cd is 3rd or 4th....

Comment

Working...