X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
    I am going to assume that FORD's silence means that he overstated the point.
    What I should have said was that the fascist corporation pays little or no taxes. However, due to the fact that tax loopholes are designed to benefit the ultra rich, this lying fascist thief probably pays very little or no taxes himself either.

Let's say that Joe Sixpack gets lucky and hits the $200 million Powerball jackpot. Reality is he'll probably get about $80 million out of that money. Nothing to sneeze at, of course. But a significant cut out for taxes.

How much did Mr 4 chins Exxon executive lose from his $400 million Platinum Parachute? You can bet it wasn't anwhere near 60% of it. Hell, I'd be surprised if it were 6%.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Big Train
      Sweeping generalizations and personal preferences do not constitute debating the core issues.
      Now YOU sound like a liberal...

Comment

• diamondD
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        What I should have said was that the fascist corporation pays little or no taxes. However, due to the fact that tax loopholes are designed to benefit the ultra rich, this lying fascist thief probably pays very little or no taxes himself either.

Let's say that Joe Sixpack gets lucky and hits the $200 million Powerball jackpot. Reality is he'll probably get about $80 million out of that money. Nothing to sneeze at, of course. But a significant cut out for taxes.

How much did Mr 4 chins Exxon executive lose from his $400 million Platinum Parachute? You can bet it wasn't anwhere near 60% of it. Hell, I'd be surprised if it were 6%.
        In a nutshell, you're assuming everything and stating it as fact.

Do you really need to be throwing stones about people being overweight? Why do you keep bringing up his extra chins? Are you saying it's ok to be a regular joe and be fat but not if you're rich?
        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• diamondD
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

And, for the record, I haven't bought gas from Exxon since I read that. Rarely did if I could avoid it since the Valdez. If everyone would boycott them, they'd have to lower their prices and the other would have to follow I would think.

I'm not cutting back on stuff to give someone a retirement BONUS on top of what he had. But that's a different thread.
          Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
            And, for the record, I haven't bought gas from Exxon since I read that. Rarely did if I could avoid it since the Valdez. If everyone would boycott them, they'd have to lower their prices and the other would have to follow I would think.

I'm not cutting back on stuff to give someone a retirement BONUS on top of what he had. But that's a different thread.
            You're exactly right about the boycott. Only problem is that most people I know have already been boycotting Exxon since the Valdez tragedy, so it would probably be a more effective boycott if everyone chose to skip another large company, such as Chevron/Texaco or UNOCAL, who were involved in the Taliban pipeline deal.

I try to buy from Citgo whenever possible myself, but that's entirely another thread.

If everyone boycotted TWO of the major oil companies, this price gouging would end really soon. If congress actually investigated their crimes, it could end sooner than that.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

I thought it was a stretch for him to even mention that he works!
              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...