X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Revan
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2006

Punk fans sign in

Any old school punk fans here? The good stuff, Black Flag, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, Iggy Pop & The Stooges...What's everybody into? The world could use another good punk movement like the late 1970s right about now. Modern music needs a good swift kick in the ass. Opinions?
    http://photos.meetup.com/photos/memb...er_220996.jpeg

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
    Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
    Originally posted by thome
    I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?
  • Revan
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2006

What, nobody?

Odd, figured I'd find at least a few punk fans here.

Gentlemen,

If a thread called "the sheep pen" has the longest post count to date, I say that's work of a true genius!
    I used to run headlong into a oak tree down at the local park .Really slam my skull into it, you know with FEELING.The local kids used to stand around and watch and smoke doobies good time was had by all. Anyway the city cut the tree down so my bitch is.....What was the question?

Comment

• SparkieD
      Veteran
      • Sep 2006

Back in the day I was mostly into thrash, but I did own some stuff from Black Flag, DRI, DK, Discharge, Suicidal, and of course, the Pistols.

One of my all-time favorite albums is Slayer's Undisputed Attitude, their album of punk covers. Call me a nut, but every time I listen to it, it puts me in a great mood.
      Last edited by SparkieD; 10-14-2006, 10:36 AM.
      Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
      Originally posted by rustoffa
      Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

"12 hits from Hell" is a great album. I like it better than "Walk Among Us". Did Henry say anything about WHY the album was pulled at the last minute? I always figured it was Jerry Only's fault, like everything else that has gone wrong with the band.

For the record, the album was pressed and in the process of being shipped when it was pulled. A few copies managed to make it into the real world, both vinyl and CD. Managed to find one of the vinyls myself
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

The Ramones are the only band that rivals AC/DC as my favorite of all-time. All others were influenced by them. I love the old school punk, like the Clash, Sex Pistols, Damned, UK Subs, Dead Kennedys, X, Dead Boys. Canada produced a fair share of good punk, like The Diodes, Teenage Head, DOA, Forgotten Rebels. The Buzzcocks are good. Wayne County and the Electric Chairs.

That wave will never be repeated. It was attempted in the 90's but never had the same pure energy.
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I figured that Jerry's hatred of Bobby Steele had a lot to do with it, but I never heard the part about the liner notes before. Obviously there was some bad blood between Glenn and Eerie so that's not too surprising. Damn shame too, because Danzig's last few albums aren't anywhere near as good as the first 4 were.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

My favorite...

DK! With Jello, of course.

To me, Mr. Biafra is to punk rock as David Lee Roth is to rock & roll.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K217GdcrWvc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K217GdcrWvc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Revan
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                  "12 hits from Hell" is a great album. I like it better than "Walk Among Us". Did Henry say anything about WHY the album was pulled at the last minute? I always figured it was Jerry Only's fault, like everything else that has gone wrong with the band.

For the record, the album was pressed and in the process of being shipped when it was pulled. A few copies managed to make it into the real world, both vinyl and CD. Managed to find one of the vinyls myself
                  The rumor I always heard was that neither Glenn nor Jerry were happy with the mix or the packaging and wanted it "delayed" (which has apparently been an indefinite delay?). I managed to snag a copy of it off of ebay some years back.

LOL...not EVERYTHING was Jerry's fault...Glenn had a lot to do with the drummer disaster of '82/'83...but as much as that's concerned, everything else is generally pretty much Jerry's fault, yeah. Ha ha.

Gentlemen,

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
                    My favorite...

DK! With Jello, of course.

To me, Mr. Biafra is to punk rock as David Lee Roth is to rock & roll.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K217GdcrWvc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K217GdcrWvc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Damn You beat me to it DC...

Jello is the fucking man...He should run for president.

He even dissed hagar..

He is the greatest punk rocker in my book.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Apart from the motherfucking Stooges, they're all dirty, little faggy brats to me.
                      I've often argued with "my" bass player about that, but I'm afraid I won't ever change my mind. The Stooges did the thing. The rest are dung flies, they can just go to hell.

I dig the Ruts too, though.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

THe SEX PISTOLS & THE RAMONES

Comment

• SparkieD
                          Veteran
                          • Sep 2006

Shit, how did I forget Fear? Lee Ving is one of my favorite vocalists ever!
                          Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                          Originally posted by rustoffa
                          Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2OxONOHrbqA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2OxONOHrbqA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

When the FUCK is "Decline of Western Civilization" coming out on DVD ??
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SparkieD
                              Shit, how did I forget Fear? Lee Ving is one of my favorite vocalists ever!

They have played the Exit/Inn in Gnashville twice in the past 6 years. Hung out with Lee for awhile at both shows. Cool dude.

Comment

Working...