Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

I've been a Business Agent for the largest Union in the country for 11 years. This is just another example of how the Bush Administration continues to destroy the American workers future.

Support the Teamsters in this fight. I could go on for days in this thread. I live this everyday.

But, I have 20,000 AMERICAN Workers to take care of and need to get ready for work....

Comment

• Ellyllions
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

What a load of absolute shit.
      Ford, I have to thank you this time as I'll be sending this to a few of my favorite pundits who are already steaming mad over Bush's allegiance to all things NAFTA.

Lemme tell you a little about what we're doing. There's a large group of us (yes Republicans) who are starting a web site. Just a simple front page with a forum attached where people can go to find out where/what American made products are being sold. I got the idea last weekend.

I needed to buy some casual dinner plates. I went to my local Wal-mart and started looking around. The ones that caught my eye were $2.96 a plate, made in China, and I started thinking..."hmm, if they'll paint our childrens toys with lead paint what idea do I have that they'd paint our dinner plates with lead paint as well." So I started looking for the Made in America stamp. Found some and they were only $1.50 per plate. Blew my mind as I've always been told that American made goods were more expensive.

I came home, told hubby. He told our mutual friend and we've decided that a resource to promote buying American made goods is necessary.

We can all circumvent this whole NAFTA thing if we can start using discretion when we shop. As a group, we can put a kibosh on this insidious plan to put America out of business.
      "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• DLR'sCock
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Besides the mortgage work I do, I also have a second job through which I am also a Teamster.(I keep forgetting that, funny...)

Anywho, there are many in the owning class that would have no problem increasing the numbers of massess who work for slave wages...

Hell in the US, what is the percentage of people who make $30K and less?? Isn't average about $35K? I think...

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I say we get a bunch of Mexicans and crash Bohemian Grove next July when Bush is there. Let the rich feel the impact. Sipping single malt scotch or butt fucking the bussboy in the trees and all a sudden sevral thousand Mexicans come up the trail filling up the place.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Roy Munson
            Veteran
            • Feb 2004

I think I am going to get back into driving OTR.

I am going to order a new Peterbilt 389 with a 625 Cat and a 70" Ultra Sleeper with a fucking 280" wheelbase. I will be hauling a full load of bagged sugar with a GVW of 80,000.

Let's just put it this way...if I see a fucking Mexican truck he better be paying attention because he's going to have a Peterbilt emblem indented in his fucking forehead.

Ok, all kidding aside...I do have some serious issues with Bush on this and have for some time now. This has been in the works for a few years. It's really sad, because those Mexican trucks are POS junk. Unsafe isn't even the beginning of it. I've delivered loads into Laredo, TX that had to be offloaded into a Mexican truck and it was nasty shit.
            Originally posted by ELVIS
            I guess you're right...

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I just can't imagine mexico's truck safety and training standards being anywhere near US standards.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• mewisemagic
                Commando
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                I say we get a bunch of Mexicans and crash Bohemian Grove next July when Bush is there. Let the rich feel the impact. Sipping single malt scotch or butt fucking the bussboy in the trees and all a sudden sevral thousand Mexicans come up the trail filling up the place.
                LMFAO!!.............Lets do it!

Although it seems pretty tough to infiltrate that place!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Aside from American truck drivers right to make a living earning a decent wage, this is also a question of national security and safety as well. Who insures these Mexican trucks meet US safety standards?

Who checks what's in the containers?

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mewisemagic
                    LMFAO!!.............Lets do it!

Although it seems pretty tough to infiltrate that place!
                    That's easy, get some gay meth whores to distract security.

Comment

• WACF
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

I may be missing something here but what about your Transport people?

Here they are Highways and Transport officers.

They operate weigh scales and patrol...to ensure proper weights and check for saftey isssues, log books are filled out ect.

What about those laws.

I know your trucks come up here and ours go down there...and eveything needs to be legal.

How can a Mexican truck not follow what is the law...I can see allowing them to run up North...but they have to be legal for the road.

Your Highway patrol can stop these trucks right at the border if they do not pass.
                      Last edited by WACF; 09-01-2007, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                        That's easy, get some gay meth whores to distract security.
                        Well, now that you mention it, The "Reverend" Ted Haggard is looking for work. Larry Craig will be too, very soon.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WACF
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Well, now that you mention it, The "Reverend" Ted Haggard is looking for work. Larry Craig will be too, very soon.

From what I gather though Craig just likes to hang out in bathrooms...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

If we can't solve this mess politically we are going to have to use the 2nd Amendment and fight it out for real. Things will continue to spin out of control and then someone will fire the first shot somewhere and all hell breaks loose.

No sane person wants things to get that bad, but if we sit on our asses we get what we deserve. Carnage and pain. The real stuff.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

We need to get habious corpus back! The US Constituiton is dissolving and all we fucking care about is Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. The fucking Bilderberg must pay those girls to keep the hijinx up.

Comment

• Carmine
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Aside from American truck drivers right to make a living earning a decent wage, this is also a question of national security and safety as well. Who insures these Mexican trucks meet US safety standards?

Who checks what's in the containers?

Mexican "officials".

as for the trucks. They will be driving broken down, unroadworthy, high mileage clunkers that were sold to Mexican companies when the American company deemed them as such.

The Union's Attorney, Leslie Miller, says there are valid questions about the reliability of Mexican trucker's driving records.

Miller: Just because we have a free trade agreement doesn't mean people can come to our country and do business in a way that doesn't meet our standard. "Before providing unconditional access throughout the country to tens of thousands of big rigs we know little to nothing about, we must insure they meet safety and environmental standards."

Comment

Working...