Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

All Hail The Second Coming of Reagan!

September 1, 2007
    Thompson Plans to Crash This Party
    By ADAM NAGOURNEY

WASHINGTON, Aug. 31 — Fred D. Thompson, the soon-to-be-official presidential contender, has come under a good deal of criticism in New Hampshire this week for scheduling his formal announcement for next Thursday morning and thus skipping the Republican debate in Manchester on Wednesday night.

But that does not mean that television viewers watching the debate will not see him.

Campaign officials said Friday that Mr. Thompson had bought a 30-second spot that would be televised nationally on the Fox News Channel, the network carrying the debate, just as viewers are tuning in at the onset.

One campaign official familiar with the decision said the spot would be a sneak preview of the announcement that Mr. Thompson will make the next day in a video posted on his Web site, to be followed later Thursday by campaign appearances in Iowa.

Mr. Thompson had come under pressure from the New Hampshire Republican Party and the editorial board of The New Hampshire Union Leader to participate in the nationally televised debate.

But Republicans close to the Thompson campaign felt that the risks would probably be too great for any benefit. In the worst case, he might have made a mistake or come under attack from his Republican rivals, overshadowing the highly scripted rollout he has prepared for the next day.

Campaign officials said the advertisement would be relatively simple, featuring Mr. Thompson talking directly to the camera about the announcement he was about to make. It all but certainly ensures him a prominent spot in a debate he will not even attend.

Link

Where are all our conservative posters to welcome this great development? I thought he was their darling...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-02-2007, 01:03 PM.
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

LMMFAO

This whole thing just cracks me up.

Fred fucking Thompson is going to save the GOP from themselves?

I doubt he'll be able to beat "none of the above" in the next Gallup Poll.

What a seriously weak, pathetic, mind-numbing bunch of schmucks the GOP has carted out this year.

Rudy? Fucking douche.

Mitt? Professional Flip flopper?

McCain? He's the only one left that doesn't know he died.

Mike Huckabee could not only beat 'em all, he could pinch-hit for Wolfie should the tour derail.

Jesus tittier fucking Christ, how low can this once proud party go?

The shambles and tatters RoveCO left this party, not to mention the entire fucking country is a disgrace.

No wonder NO ONE in here is waving the GOP flag...

Every Con in here now claims to be an unaffiliated moderate *snicker*

Run Fredo Run !!!

jesus.
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Reagan was far from lazy. I actually got to meet him when I was in the Young Republicans in college. For a man in his 70's he was in great physical shape and he had a very strong handshake like you get from old ranchers and farmers.

Not that Reagan was one of those but he did lot's of physical work on that ranch of his. Plus, horseback riding is good exercise.

I think Reagan was much like Arnold. A guy who made a name in acting at one time but wanted to make a difference. Once you get sucked into the political machine though it changes you.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express

I think Reagan was much like Arnold.
        He groped women and smoked pot?

Cool with me.

Pinch one for The Gipper, I say.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
          Veteran
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Hey, FUCK YOU, pinko! Not only is Fred Thompson (the only good thing to come out of HollyWeird...aside from Ron Silver, of course) going to save the GOP, not only is he going to save this whole fucking country, he's going to save this entire WORLD, and he's going to do it all BEFORE the end of the episode!!!
          RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Reagan was far from lazy. I actually got to meet him when I was in the Young Republicans in college. For a man in his 70's he was in great physical shape and he had a very strong handshake like you get from old ranchers and farmers.

Not that Reagan was one of those but he did lot's of physical work on that ranch of his. Plus, horseback riding is good exercise.

I think Reagan was much like Arnold. A guy who made a name in acting at one time but wanted to make a difference. Once you get sucked into the political machine though it changes you.
            That's nice. Now if he would have actually worked in the Oval Office between nappies...

Comment

• Lqskdiver
              Sniper
              • Jun 2004

Next possible first lady?!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

He groped women and smoked pot?

Cool with me.

Pinch one for The Gipper, I say.
                Hey. He worked in Hollywood.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

It still amazes me that people still think voting one party over the other makes a difference.

I say Hillary is going to win and obamba will be her VP. Why? Obamba has a huge cock and it's time to get some revenge on Bill.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                    Veteran
                    • Nov 2006

Ron Silver...haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!! He was an actor once? Haaaaaahahahaha.
                    Trollidillo-T

Comment

• matt19
                      Sniper
                      • Mar 2005

LMMFAO

This whole thing just cracks me up.

I doubt he'll be able to beat "none of the above" in the next Gallup Poll.

What a seriously weak, pathetic, mind-numbing bunch of schmucks the GOP has carted out this year.

Rudy? Fucking douche.

Mitt? Professional Flip flopper?

McCain? He's the only one left that doesn't know he died.

Mike Huckabee could not only beat 'em all, he could pinch-hit for Wolfie should the tour derail.

Jesus tittier fucking Christ, how low can this once proud party go?

The shambles and tatters RoveCO left this party, not to mention the entire fucking country is a disgrace.

No wonder NO ONE in here is waving the GOP flag...

Every Con in here now claims to be an unaffiliated moderate *snicker*

Run Fredo Run !!!

jesus.
                      Nothing negative about Ron Paul?
                      Long Live Classic VH

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Nov 2004

People are very attracted to celebrity. Especially the lower functioning right-wing types (Warhead, MsSaddBawlz, BigBland, et al.) who need a daddy/protector to make them feel safe from imagined evil and danger.

Now that the rest of the Republican candidates (at least the main stream ones) have had the opportunity to make themselves looks foolish, Thompson is the dark horse that may just give the Democratic celebrity ticket (Clinton/Obama) a good challenge.

Politicians who tell the truth are marginalized by both parties while the sycophants sing along.
                        Last edited by DEMON CUNT; 09-03-2007, 05:58 PM.
                        Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

I don't know what to say about him yet...He seems like a Decent canidate...But so does Obama to be honest..I shall see....But he's been playing it smart...We shall see.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                            Veteran
                            • Nov 2006

It still amazes me that people still think voting one party over the other makes a difference.

It does. It means the difference between living in a world of shit or living in a world of piss. I strongly prefer living in piss to living in shit so its a pretty significant difference to me.

Ultimately, either the human race will do itself in or nature will take care of that for us. Its just a question of when and for most, to what degree of discomfort we will live in until then: very uncomfortable or extremely uncomfortable.
                            Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I lived under a rough split between Democratic and Republican administrations the last 16 years...

I know which one was far superior.

Fuck, I'll even vote for Hillery Clinton!

Comment

Working...